Release Preview: Mupen64Plus 2.0 Video

With Paper Mario, I need no texture pack to be happy :) And Askarus: That is why it is doubly excellent to be able to play the good ones on the Pandora :D

DAMN, it's about F******G TIME :lol:

ptitseb, you are "Da Man". I had just about given up on any truly decent N64 emulation on the Pandora, but not only is this looking great, but we have enhancements, WTF?! 

Once again, awesome work to all involved, Thank You!

Chris

EDIT: Now I have to hurry up and get my Pandora repaired.

I'm on mobile internet now, so can't really watch the movie. so if it's inside, bear with me. i loved to play wave race and would really like to play it again. can anyone confirm if it's working?

I'm on mobile internet now, so can't really watch the movie. so if it's inside, bear with me. i loved to play wave race and would really like to play it again. can anyone confirm if it's working?
It wasn't shown in the video clip, but that ran pretty well before, so it should run great now. Maybe ED or ptitseb can chime in?

Chris

But I've been playing Paper Mario on the old Mupen and it was fine (aside from occasional black box textures, but they only last a second or so).

D.

I'm assuming ptitSeb used the gles2 glide plugin from mupen64plus-ae? If not, good job for porting it yourself but it seems a bit redundant :p . Hopefully now that an updated version of mupen is on a more debugger friendly platform, some of the dynarec issues can be fixed (especially the DK64 walk through walls glitch)
Glide comes from here yes, and so is GLES2N64 video plugin.

But I ported Rice (the one from mupen64plus-ae crashed very often) and Arachnoid to GLES v1 (there are both fast, but have more glitchy video output). So there is 4 video plugins to play with...

DK64 is still crashing for me, whatever the video plugin I used. With Rice, I have the Logo, and it says "OK", screen goes black and it segfault...

Still work to do... But the Video is nice, thanks ED!
Check the dynarec/core stuff from AE again (there have been some changes). AE originally had that issue but it got fixed. DK64 will boot nicely, but collision detection is broken and the camera wants to slowly turn as you move forward. Good job with Arachnoid :)

Blast Corps? :)
Blast Corps works with the cached/pure interpreter, meaning it will be extremely slow.

Ok, I'll check and try to integrate their core update.
If you could structure it as a git fork of their repo, you can then get their future core updates "for free" by just doing "git pull". If you can put it on a public git so I can clone and build it for pandora, I could probably take a stab at some dynarec bugs too (eventually, not right now as I'm busy).

I just hope it doesn't end up with what we had with 1.x, with lots of tarbals all over the net, and where the source more or less got lost over time..

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'll check and try to integrate their core update.
If you could structure it as a git fork of their repo, you can then get their future core updates "for free" by just doing "git pull". If you can put it on a public git so I can clone and build it for pandora, I could probably take a stab at some dynarec bugs too (eventually, not right now as I'm busy).

I just hope it doesn't end up with what we had with 1.x, with lots of tarbals all over the net, and where the source more or less got lost over time..
I checked mupen64plus-ae core, but I found nothing new.

I have all the sources in the same structure as the original mupen64plus source. I just have a few #ifdef here and there.

I think I will create a new git for them (all of the sources). The android version as everything "usefull" in the jni subfolder, that's not very conveniant.

I can't believe it, must be another wet dream I tend to have after a night of work and loads of junk food!

Wave Race 64 works well:  waveracer.png

Conker is very slow. It seems to be limited by the cpu emulation, and running at the same speed, more or less, with both glide & rice : conker.png

Looks good. Was this done with a GHz Pandora? Because I found Mupen actualy good besides some graphical weirdness here and there but the main problem was, it just ran to slow onto the classic Pandoras. I'm sure you have much better results in general onto 1GHz units. So I hope a new version will improve the performance so that you can play full speed even onto the old 600MHz models.

Looks good. Was this done with a GHz Pandora? Because I found Mupen actualy good besides some graphical weirdness here and there but the main problem was, it just ran to slow onto the classic Pandoras. I'm sure you have much better results in general onto 1GHz units. So I hope a new version will improve the performance so that you can play full speed even onto the old 600MHz models.
Both screenshot came from my dev. Gigahertz Pandora. But I also test on a CC (overclocked to 800 MHz). Some game are fullspeed, some don't. Depend on the game. Bigger (like Paper Mario) need a swapfile to run (but it run reasonably well, most of the time at 100% or near on the CC)

Back