Wasd + Usb Mouse For Fps - How Small Are The Keys?

CCmachined

would using WASD + a usb mouse for FPS controls work? would the WASD on the keyboard be too small?

now, if i could find a FPS with support for usb gamepads, i'd get used to using two sticks...

nobody has seen a finished pandora yet. The keys will probably be to small to be gaming on. Use the nubs or an external keyboard.

You could buy a numberpad and an mouse..

Logitech-NumberPad-L23-7298.jpg

//Edit: sindbad: WTFF?! d-pad for movement? =S

I think the dpad would work well for directions so you'd only need a mouse.

JayFoxRox said:

Finally! Us lefties have the advantage! We've been using the number pad instead of WSAD all along! MUAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

Last edited by a moderator:
VRAndy said:
JayFoxRox said:

Finally! Us lefties have the advantage! We've been using the number pad instead of WSAD all along! MUAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!
I've used the number pad for the Descent series, I have every movement key, the automap and rear-view mapped to the numpad :D (that is strafe, up and down, reverse, forward, and rotate, plus I put afterburner where my thumb can reach it.)

I hadn't thought of the WASD keys, I wonder if the D-Pad will work. I don't mind the keypad, but I don't know if it will be supported (I hope so.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Pandora have 2 analog sticks already? The left could emulate WASD keys and the right analog stick could emulate mouse movement. I mean it'd be more like a console game controller, but it's better than nothing.

VRAndy said:
JayFoxRox said:

I'm a normal person(right hand user XD) and i can easily put the mouse in left hand and use numberpad for control. so MUHAHAHAHAHA right back at u

You mean prize? You win the award for being the person who didn't start this thread.

VRAndy said:
I sure hope so! One of the reasons I sold my DS was because of those stupid discriminatory control schemes (Metriod <_< )

@ everyone who says "this is pointless, use Dpad", if i'm using monitor- or tv-out i would like to use a genuine-feeling WASD and plugged in usb mouse for FPS games :D
the dpad is only really usable when you're actually holding the device in the air. ditto for the analogs.

VRAndy said:
JayFoxRox said:

Im left haded and have bean using the arrow keys. also I don't play FPS games.

Kloplop321 said:
why use wasd if you have joysticks/nubs...?
Why use WASD when you could use second mouse...

geo12 said:
VRAndy said:
I sure hope so! One of the reasons I sold my DS was because of those stupid discriminatory control schemes (Metriod <_< )

Doesn't Metroid Hunters have left-handed control scheme as well as right-handed one (for stylus and keys mode)?

I also read that keys of pandora is more like cellphone(by pressing method) that on PC so I doubt FPSes will be playable with WASD them.

Doesn't Metroid Hunters have left-handed control scheme as well as right-handed one (for stylus and keys mode)?

I think so, I also remember mech warrior having one too.

quasist said:
Kloplop321 said:

Well I am talking about without using peripherals. Obviously two joysticks/nubs are popular and successful for FPS games for a reason ;)

Kloplop321 said:
quasist said:
Kloplop321 said:

Well I am talking about without using peripherals. Obviously two joysticks/nubs are popular and successful for FPS games for a reason ;)

Why I can't understand, I just don't get how people can use something with such a low level of precision and such a cheap feel.

I wouldn't FPS without a mouse, can't do it. It isn't a skill that I can ever see needing in my life, honestly. I have a tiny Targus Mini-mouse with a retractable cord all ready to go :) I can probably use it just fine on my leg.

But I live in the USA and still don't understand how the Ford Crown Victoria is still produced, or why people continue to buy Chevy cars (or the Buick/Oldsmobile/Pontiac cars that are the same as the Chevy.)

Back