Release Voxelands

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Voxelands (aka Minetest_classic), an opensource clone of Minecraft.

preview1.png

The game is still a bit early in it's developement, so don't expect a perfect clone.

Still, the game seems vast enough to be fun.

It use Irrlicht (using GLES1.1 port), and I know there are a few graphics artefacts (in some of the cube on the inventory).

The shoulder should act like mouse buttons in game and inventory, but not in the GUI (I didn't hack Irrlicht for that yet).

The keys are configurable in menu, or by altering the file voxelands in appdata/voxelands.

History log

=========

build 01

----------

• Initial build
  • Some Pandora customization

Thanks ptitseb,

How does this relate to actual minetest.net ? It appears "minetest_game" is the default game that comes with the minetest engine.

Ah, Explanation here. Appears to be a friendly fork created by some core devs.

It seems impossible to assign gamepad controls (up/down/left/right) to actions via the in-game menu. W/S/A/D keys work fine.

It seems impossible to assign gamepad controls (up/down/left/right) to actions via the in-game menu. W/S/A/D keys work fine.
I think there is a bug in the save of thoses key. In the voxelands.conf, they should be spelled all cpitals "LEFT" "UP" etc.... but I think thee are saved as "Left", "Up", only 1st letter capital... I'll try to fix that later.

Sounds great!

i will try it today. I would expect that this one should run faster than the original java-minecraft.

It's not much faster. I have to analyze what is happening and a few patches to test on the Irrlicht engine too.

Yep. That may means also that the full java version is quite well optimized.

I will try to get a few more fps from voxelands.

I thought I'd give this a go, as been playing about on my desktop. You can't map the game buttons to Jump etc. - well, it'll let you map, but in game, Pg Up/Down just changes viewing distance.

I thought I'd give this a go, as been playing about on my desktop. You can't map the game buttons to Jump etc. - well, it'll let you map, but in game, Pg Up/Down just changes viewing distance.
Oh, maybe I have to inibit thoses function in the engine then...

Back