Beta Prboom, Zdoom, Doomlegacy

Pickle said:
All have the latest picklelauncher 0.20. The appdata has been set to doom for all three (so if you used prboom, change it)

pickle.gp2x.de/prboom.pnd

No real changes here, same prboom with software and opengles renders. Runs doom wads.

pickle.gp2x.de/doomlegacy.pnd

Supports both software and opengles renders (changeable through picklelauncher). Opengles is slow. Runs doom and heretic wads.
There is multiplayer support but i never got past searching for servers, maybe i didnt wait long enough.

pickle.gp2x.de/zdoom.pnd

Supports all wads under the sun(doom, heretic, hexen, strife), but be warned its very slow since it uses openal to replace fmod. But odd wads like strife do work.
Its only software render.

Update: must be a slow weekend...any who Ive updated the doomlegacy, saves work and mouse should work. Prev version didnt save right.
also rebuilt the latest openal-soft with neon and alsa and I think it runs better. A decent clock and strife works well :)

Update 2:
added chocolate/strawberry doom:
pickle.gp2x.de/cdoom.pnd
I prefer Doom Legacy, but I need cdoom for Strife. How can I change the appdata directory it uses?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. Now, how do I change the controls in Chocolate Doom?

Last edited by a moderator:
Silent-Hunter said:
Pickle said:
All have the latest picklelauncher 0.20. The appdata has been set to doom for all three (so if you used prboom, change it)

pickle.gp2x.de/prboom.pnd

No real changes here, same prboom with software and opengles renders. Runs doom wads.

pickle.gp2x.de/doomlegacy.pnd

Supports both software and opengles renders (changeable through picklelauncher). Opengles is slow. Runs doom and heretic wads.
There is multiplayer support but i never got past searching for servers, maybe i didnt wait long enough.

pickle.gp2x.de/zdoom.pnd

Supports all wads under the sun(doom, heretic, hexen, strife), but be warned its very slow since it uses openal to replace fmod. But odd wads like strife do work.
Its only software render.

Update: must be a slow weekend...any who Ive updated the doomlegacy, saves work and mouse should work. Prev version didnt save right.
also rebuilt the latest openal-soft with neon and alsa and I think it runs better. A decent clock and strife works well :)

Update 2:
added chocolate/strawberry doom:
pickle.gp2x.de/cdoom.pnd
I prefer Doom Legacy, but I need cdoom for Strife. How can I change the appdata directory it uses?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. Now, how do I change the controls in Chocolate Doom?
How do I change the controls for Strife in Chocolate Doom? I can't change them with the setup utility.

Silent-Hunter said:
How do I change the controls for Strife in Chocolate Doom? I can't change them with the setup utility.

It hasnt been added to the setup utility, so the only way is to manually change the config file. What i did was setup the others and copied the key codes.

Pickle said:
Silent-Hunter said:

It hasnt been added to the setup utility, so the only way is to manually change the config file. What i did was setup the others and copied the key codes.
I tried that, but it didn't work. Some of the keys changed to the ones I wanted, but the fire key and the use key didn't. I'm sure some others didn't too.

Silent-Hunter said:
Pickle said:
Silent-Hunter said:

I tried that, but it didn't work. Some of the keys changed to the ones I wanted, but the fire key and the use key didn't. I'm sure some others didn't too.

Make sure there arnt duplicates, I had that mess me up when one or more mappings used the same key

Pickle said:
Silent-Hunter said:
Pickle said:
Silent-Hunter said:

Make sure there arnt duplicates, I had that mess me up when one or more mappings used the same key
Can you tell me what numbers correspond to what keys, so I can set everything manually?

Silent-Hunter said:
Can you tell me what numbers correspond to what keys, so I can set everything manually?
The DOSBox tutorial on the wiki might help, I don't know... particularly this section. I had a lot of trouble guessing which numbers stood for which keys, as well. Basically,

A (key 278)
B (key 279)
Y (key 280)
X (key 281)
L (key 303)
R (key 305)

What version of zdoom is it? I was looking to chex 3 Iwad by one of the original authors working and it supposedly requires zdoom. I run it on PC but was curious about it on pandora. The download is linked by him in the fan forum here. I tried it with your zdoom but it just exited back to pickle launcher.

I know its a kiddy one, but I am a dad. Who am I kidding, I love it more than they do!

I am going to ask the author of doomrunner as well. This is the only wad left I would love to run on the pandora. I played and finished the original chex (short game) from CD in doom runner now the full game would be awesome.

Edit: Just tried chex, chex3, doom. and shareware doom1 with no luck

Sorry for the double post but, they thread doesn't show as upadted if I just edit my last post.

Has anyone gotten anything to work with zdoom? If so what?

dsleaf67 said:
Sorry for the double post but, they thread doesn't show as upadted if I just edit my last post.

Has anyone gotten anything to work with zdoom? If so what?

ive run mainly the official release stuff, zdoom should run just everything including strife. The zdoom i released is fork of the main but i think it was a fairly recent fork or has been kept up in sync with the main trunk.

If any of those wads are not standalone and require a iwad the setup is a little bit different than just copy and pasting the wad.

Thanks Pickle, yes they are all iwads that run stand alone. So you've run doom 1 and doom shareware?

chex 3 is supposed to written for zdoom specifically thats why I was trying it, but I noticed I could get any of my iwads to work. Those 2 chex's, I figured was them not being compatible or something, but when I couldn't run doom is why I questioned.

dsleaf67 said:
Thanks Pickle, yes they are all iwads that run stand alone. So you've run doom 1 and doom shareware?

chex 3 is supposed to written for zdoom specifically thats why I was trying it, but I noticed I could get any of my iwads to work. Those 2 chex's, I figured was them not being compatible or something, but when I couldn't run doom is why I questioned.

never tried shareware, i usually do doom2. I dont recall trying doom1, but i dont remember any of them not working. Keep in mind ive released ports of about 3-4 different doom engines.
You could try checking the log in /tmp maybe it will have something.

Well I just tried doom2 and it won't run for me either. Here the out file after I tried running doom 1
Code:
=======================================================================================
 PND             : /media/PAN2/pandora/menu/zdoom.pnd
 PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
 APPDATADIR      : /media/PAN2/pandora/appdata/doom
 APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
 PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
 EXENAME         : run.sh
 ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
 =======================================================================================
 [ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
 Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/doom"
 Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/PAN2/pandora/appdata/doom=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/doom=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/doom"
 [SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
 [ START ]--- Starting the application (run.sh ) ----------
 cp: `default/..' and `.' are the same file
 sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified
 ./zdoom: error while loading shared libraries: libfsfunnel.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
 Starting PickleLauncher Version v0.20.
 Running from '/mnt/utmp/doom/' as 'picklelauncher'
 Loading config.
 Loading ziplist.
 Initializing SDL.
 SDL initialized.
 Loading profile.
 Closing TTF fonts.
 Quitting TTF.
 Quitting SDL.
 Quitting PickleLauncher Version v0.20.
 [SUCCESS]--- Starting the application (run.sh ) ----------
 [ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
 [ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
 [SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
 rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/doom': Device or resource busy
 [ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
 [SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
 cleanup done
 [SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
 Return code is : 3

Problem is this:
./zdoom: error while loading shared libraries: libfsfunnel.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I think this is solved by installing the codec pack

Negative as I always have codec pack installed. Would it reinstall though to ease your mind. Will try.

Edit: Just went through downgrading firmware from lastest v6 beta too v5 and installed codec pack and mini timidy to nand. zdoom still doesn't run anything for me but your legacy and prboom run doom 1 and 2 fine (and chex runs on legacy with chex3 not running on any). I will check the pnd_runs again for doom.

Edit2: Checked pnd run after trying doom.wad again and the line you quote is still there.

Here's the latest pdn_run.out after trying to run doom with cdoom after I reflashed with hfv5 and installed codec pack and timidy 2.7 MB to NAND

Code:
sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -m -p /media/PAN2/pandora/menu//zdoom.pnd -e run.sh -b doom
 not mounted on loop yet, doing so
 LoopMountedon: 
 /dev/loop2
 Filetype is Squashfs
 Mounting PND (mount -t squashfs) :
 /dev/loop2 on /mnt/pnd/doom type squashfs (ro)
 Filesystem is vfat
 Mounting the Union FS using /media/PAN2/pandora/appdata/doom as Write directory:
 mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs=/media/PAN2/pandora/appdata/doom=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/doom=rr none /mnt/utmp/doom
 none on /mnt/utmp/doom type aufs (rw,si=632ea177,noplink)
 none on /mnt/utmp/doom type aufs (rw,si=632ea177,noplink)
 [------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]
 cp: `default/..' and `.' are the same file
 sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified
 Starting PickleLauncher Version v0.20.
 Running from '/mnt/utmp/doom/' as 'picklelauncher'
 Loading config.
 Loading ziplist.
 Initializing SDL.
 SDL initialized.
 Loading profile.
 Closing TTF fonts.
 Quitting TTF.
 Quitting SDL.
 Quitting PickleLauncher Version v0.20.
 [-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]
 cleanup done

I did a quick search and it does seem to be gstreamer related but no in codec pack. Is there an option to run doom without music? Would that by pass the loading of this lib.

dsleaf67 said:
I did a quick search and it does seem to be gstreamer related but no in codec pack. Is there an option to run doom without music? Would that by pass the loading of this lib.

I think the real fix is that i need to rebuild this and re-pnd. I vaguely remember messing with libs and i think added this dependency, which is actually useless.

Has anyone gotten the music to work? I tried all versions that pickle posted with my ultimate doom wad, and there is no music.

Also, the Zdoom build jumps right back to pickle launcher without loading. I'm on Hotfix 5.

sepp256 said:
Has anyone gotten the music to work? I tried all versions that pickle posted with my ultimate doom wad, and there is no music.

Also, the Zdoom build jumps right back to pickle launcher without loading. I'm on Hotfix 5.

Read a few posts back before yours.

Back