Why Did Ebay Remove My Auction?

Steve-O

This was what My Auction said -

IF BUY IT NOW IS PRESSED, THEN DELIVERY WILL BE FREE!

Hi,

Up for auction is my used, BUT as NEW GP32. It has been well looked after and is in Excellent Condition. I will also Include a Disc to get you started (With Emulators and Games on), the USB Cable, the Original Instruction manual and some batteries. This is Much Better than a Gameboy Advance :p

You can emulate these systems / handhelds / computers on it -

Atari 2600
Atari 8 Bit
Atari Lynx
Atari ST
Chip 8
Coleco Vision
Commodore Plus 4
Commodore64
Dragon 32/64
Game Boy / Game Boy Colour / Game Boy Advance
Java Virtual Machine
M.A.M.E.
Msx1 / Msx2
NeoGeo Pocket
NES
PC Engine
Sega Genesis
SG1000/SC3000
SMS / GameGear
Super Nintendo (SNES)
Vectrex
WonderSwan / WSColor
ZX Spectrum

The GBA Emulation is not full speed, but it is going quite well. Also, There was a Playstation Emulator in production the last time I checked.

You can also Play Classic PC Games like -

Doom 1 and 2
QUAKE

Elite - The New Kind
gpSCUMM
Gravity Force
Heretic
Rick Dangerous
Rise of The Triad
Wolfenstein 3D & SoD

AgiSci

You Can use Custom WADS etc on things like DOOM and QUAKE.

Use your GP32 as a Portable Music Device - You Can play MP3 Files, OGG Files etc and more Audio formats on the GP32 easily. Blast the sound from the Stereo Speakers or use headphones (You can also connect the GP32 to a Speaker System or your Car radio system to play the music through there speakers)

Use your GP32 to Play Video files - You can also play video files on the GP32. You can watch a Whole Film, Episodes of the Simpsons / Southpark Etc Etc Etc, Music Videos (Nearly Anything). It supports Xvid and Divx formats

You Can Also Type on the GP32.

A Cool feature is software that allows you to Hook the GP32 up to your PC and use it as a mouse or Joypad.

The Best part about the GP32 is the Hombrew (Homemade) games. There's Hundreds and they are all FREE!!!

Combined with all the Available Roms for the emulators, the Homebrew games and official games, theres gotta be over 10,000 Games playable on this little machine

Theres probably almot more other stuff, But theres WAY to much to list. Theres also a Linux Port.

THE PICTURE MAKES THE SCREEN LOOK LIKE IT HAS BLACK MARKS ON IT. THE SCREEN IS PERFECT, ITS JUST THE CAMERAS FLASH THAT HAS MADE THE BLACK MARKS

HIT BUY IT NOW FOR FREE DELIVERY!

Thanks for looking. Please check my other auctions for a GP32 Chatboard.

What was wrong with that??????? I didnt mention any Commercial Roms being sold with it.... Maybe I should have been a bit clearer with the "(With Emulators and Games on)" bit and said "With Emulators and Public Domain / Free Games" ???? what do you think?

Thanks

possibly they were thinking that you were talking about commercial roms? I don't know, but I do think that ebay is very stupid and strict when it comes to something
they don't know much about. :lol:

thebluenewt posted on Oct 28 2004 at 10:21 PM said:
Mentioning GBA and PSX emulation is a bit dubious though :p

lol... Technically its true that there is GBA Emulation (Some games run Full speed ;) ) and technically theres PSX Emulation (Or will be a slow emu), after what was it, 1 day and that guy had Ridge Racer running at something liek 0.5 FPS on GeePee32 which runs at 40mhz :)

My Auction should never have been closed... Search ebay.co.uk quickly now and Type in GP32... Notice the 2nd auction thats got about 6 hrs left... CLick it and it will say somethign like - "Comes with a SNES Emulator and Roms like Mario Kart and Super Mario World"

so technically ebay should remove that one defiantly as its clearly advertising roms. That guys auction has been on for 6 days + and mine was only on for about 3 hours :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Dozer posted on Oct 28 2004 at 10:48 PM said:
Maybe it's the bit about a disk with emulators and games on. Specify that the games aren't illegal roms.

yea, I think thats the main problem, but I didnt say Illegal Roms came with it or mention illegal roms :(..

if you look on ebay you're bound to find 'play gba games on your pc' somewhere. its FULL of W4REZ stuff. It could be about the free postage only if you buy it now..

No people do that all the time. I t was probably the disc since you didn't explain what was on it. Oh well. But I stay happy. :D

Evil Dragon did you get my auction cancled ?? :p... If so, What should I change / Add to make it Ok to sell????? :)

Thanks

wolly_wotsit posted on Oct 31 2004 at 10:52 AM said:
cool try and put it on again

I want Ebay to tell me what I did wrong first.. They said dont put it on like that again or we will suspend your account

You may find that it was the 'free postage with buy it now' thing...

I'm not sure if I'm right, but I believe it's against ebay rules to offer a 'bribe' for using buy it now....

was any of your stuff pirated or anything they said was "BAD" if not then DOWN WITH EBAY AND THERE IDIOTIC PEOPLE. :lol: :p JK but that is lame. if u sold a computer with a game or program but did not have the disk to that game or program you wouldn't be able to sell it. <_< :)

the thing is, I have no idea which part I did wrong that violates the copyprotected rules... I havent said anything like comes with a Disc full of Illegal Roms... The Part I think that they think is against rules is bit where I said comes with Disc of Emus and Games to get you started... In My opinion, EBAY should have Asked what was on the disc first before jumping to conclusions and closing my auction... I didnt Even say CDR, so it could have been an official disc

Just as I said before

I do think that ebay is very stupid and strict when it comes to something
they don't know much about.

They are scared when they don't know what they are talking about. :)

Back