Possible To Order Now?

Once production gets going, there shouldn't be any delays between the first and second batch.
I think the dev team will insert a month or two to take orders and make sure there aren't any glaring defects, but it shouldn't be too long since I know they want to start making a profit, and I want my Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully it will just be one month. I hope theres very little modifications that need to be done :/.

Want this before the summer holidays. Not at the end!

A second run isn't likely to be within a month of the first. It's going to take time to get the first run out there, and the second run started. I'd estimate no less than 3 months between the start of the first batch and the start of the second, shortly after which continuous production will commence.
But that's just a guess. They could surprise us.

'WizardStan' said:
A second run isn't likely to be within a month of the first. It's going to take time to get the first run out there, and the second run started. I'd estimate no less than 3 months between the start of the first batch and the start of the second, shortly after which continuous production will commence.
But that's just a guess. They could surprise us.
I recall Chip saying it was expected to take 6-8 weeks:

CODE
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=47225&view=findpost&p=713307

'luke v2' said:
So say the first batch is late april - early may, how long do you guys think the second batch will take ? (in your unoffical, guesstimated, opinion of course)

I have no idea how long ill have to wait for mine (missed first batch, and still havent ordered, due to no pay pal -.-). But hopefully when i get it lots of new software will have been created for it :).
Well, with the second batch we can pretty much reduce this:
Get the final Prototype case
* Build a test device and check if everything is okay
* Create the keymat mould (takes 20 - 25 days)
* Design the final keyboard layout (needs to be finished when the mould is ready)
* Create mould of final case (can be done once the case fits, takes 30 - 35 days)
* CE / FCC testing (can be done once the prototype case is here)
* Mass Production testrun for the final boards
* Stability testing (this will be fun)
* Wait for the last remaining pieces for mass production (LATEST deadline is second week of March)
* Mass Production
* Test the boards
* SHIP THEM!

To this:
* Mass Production
* Test the boards
* SHIP THEM!

If we assume there will be no changes, so yeah, I believe it to be fast and a relief for all people involved!

'RajTakhar' said:
You forgot stability testing and stress testing - there was some talk of 200 initial pandoras going out to users to do some hard core testing - but nothing was confirmed
I would totaly do that, where do i have to sign?

I don't think so. I only got replies on weekdays.

Back