[Ported Game] Duke Nukem 3D - EDuke32

mcobit

Advanced Member
I threw something together for the competition myself at last ;)

Here is EDuke32 the latest version.

http://eduke32.com/

It uses software rendering right now but renders fullscreen.

The biggest advantage above the earlier port by mindlord is, that you can use both nubs.

The left one is mapped for strafing/moving, the right one for mouselook.

Of course all controls are configurable in the game.

I will see, if I can compile a gles version in the future, but time is quite short right now.

Your original Duke3d files go straight into /YOURSDCARD/pandora/appdata/duke3d/

For ingame music, please install the midi package by sebt3:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=timidity-midi-installer-19487

eduke32.png

And now it's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum!

Get it on the repo:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=duke3d

If you don't like to vote for this entry because the changes are not big enough or if this doesn't even qualify as an entry, thats ok!

I just wanted Duke on the repo ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent, just tried it and the controls are great :)

Just a few request if you have time to make some modifications:

- can you setup the gamma in the game to be at higher level when it starts the first time? I know you cna change it in the options, but for first time users it's better to have this fixed.

- default sensitivity for the mouse is probably too high. A little less would be recommended :)

Excellent port otherwise!!

Thanks, good suggestions.

That is no problem, as it is just a little modification in my startup config.

The mouse sensitivity can be altered in the gamemenus, too.

Ok, updated default settings based on ekianjo's suggestions.

Cool. I've been trying to get the WGS2 total conversion working with the old port, but it just freezes the Pandora. With my 1GHz unit it didn't freeze up completely, so probably it is related to missing hardware acceleration. So if some day you manage to get the gles renderer working I will try it again :)

Always bet on Duke. ^^

Is the fullscreen option stretched or in correct aspect ratio? The screenshot looks a little bit stretched for me. I know that EDuke32 can handle various widescreen options so it should be possible to get the correct aspect ratio.

The screenshot is stretched as I resized it from 800x600.

I think the game renders at native widescreen. But I am not completely sure.

I hacked the videomode in as there was no 800x480 mode in software rendering.

Maybe for native widescreen you need opengl, as the buildengine does a lot of tricks to fake 3d in software.

Real mouselook etc. Is just used in the gl port afaik.

Cool. I've been trying to get the WGS2 total conversion working with the old port, but it just freezes the Pandora. With my 1GHz unit it didn't freeze up completely, so probably it is related to missing hardware acceleration. So if some day you manage to get the gles renderer working I will try it again :)
Maybe just try to get the grp in there. This version seems to a lot more stable than the other one.

If it needs the gl renderer, unfortunately you are out of luck for now. :(

Btw, do you think I should put a midiset in the pnd?

If I get the time, I could make a custom soundfont that would be small and have good and free guitar and drumsamples.

The normal freepats provided by the midi installer sounds a bit "thin" to me...

wow you totally are a secret ninja wizard hideing in my closet

i was looking for eduke for hours last night and you pop up with this only a few hours later......*checks closet*

now i sence your ninja wizard mind hacks are telling me to vote for this somehow but i dont know how (maybe i cant yet)

anyway thanks a ton im going to be playing this alot

Not played Duke Nukem in years since running a Windoze 95 machine so really looking forward to trying this.

It will have to wait though because I have no idea where my copy of the game is.

Is it possible to load other grps like the duke it out in dc or duke zone?

I figured out how to stop it from going stright into the game but when i go to the game tab in eduke no other games/expansion packs are listed.

Also is there a way to slow down or lower the sensitivity of the left nub? Toggling run mode only seems to work for the dpad.

Have a look into the eduke32.cfg in. .eduke32 folder in appdata. There you should be able to specify a grp to load.

Yea i tryed selectedgrp = " "  i put dukedc.grp in there and it still loaded the default duke3d.grp and i couldent play the other levels.

The grp was in the same folder as duke3d.grp.

Is it supposed to be in another folder?

I was however able to load it by adding a autoload folder to the eduke32 directory and placeing the grp i want to load in there but im unsure if it that was the correct way of doing it and if it was loaded correctly.

EDIT: upon further inspection it does not seem to load the grp correctly the episode selection screen shows only the default one and not the new ones but i can load them thru the user map option but with tons of glitches i would still like to be able to do it your way of editing the eduke3d.cfg but for the life of me i cant get it working

Can those custom grp you have maybe only be used with the gl port of duke or with the hrp?

As you can read, F_slim had some problems wirh adding mods, too.

Or maybe they are using some assembler or other code in the grp, that only runs on x86 PCs?

Back