Port Requests

As IVAN (Iter Vehemens ad Necem ) recently had a new release, a funky open source Roguelike with advanced limb and material mechanic, I found to my surprise that it seemingly never was ported to Pandora (couldnt find it on the repo or forum)

https://github.com/Attnam/ivan/releases

on an another note: it seems historical important game by Bill Gates / microsoft "DONKEY.BAS" is now proper open source under MIT and can be safely ported to Pandora

https://github.com/Microsoft/MS-DOS/blob/master/v1.25/bin/DONKEY.BAS
https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=62751&p=703987#p702909

6a0120a85dcdae970b0120a86d9759970b-pi.gif

https://blog.codinghorror.com/bill-gates-and-donkey-bas/

Last edited:
As IVAN (Iter Vehemens ad Necem ) recently had a new release, a funky open source Roguelike with advanced limb and material mechanic, I found to my surprise that it seemingly never was ported to Pandora (couldnt find it on the repo or forum)

https://github.com/Attnam/ivan/releases
Yeah, compile fine on the Pandora. I'll package it later.

preview1.png

I used to own a Pocket PC and was a huge fan of Slay a simple but entertaining turn base strategy game.
Noticed there is an Android clone of this game Antiyoy that is open sourced. https://github.com/yiotro/Antiyoy

Based on post on reddit it seems to be playable on PC, so maybe also on the Pandora?

Review:

[edit] changed reddit link to a more recent version - tried the game on my PC works fine with java -jar antiyoy.jar

Last edited:
I can run it on my Pandora (using java9, gdx and lwjgl, all custom built, also using gl4es), but it doesn't seems to want to run in fullscreen. Instead, it is stuck in a window bigger then the screen (so you need to move the window with shift-left drag). Doesn't seems handy, and I don't know if it's one of my native lib at fault (libgdx or liblwjgl) or the game design that need at least 800px of height.
preview1.png

Do you want a package in that state?

Thanks for checking, I didn't expect it to work at all, so nice to see the Pandora is at least capable of running it.

Is rotating (so portrait mode), and option? Pandora is 480x800 so in portrait mode height should be okay I guess?

I can run it on my Pandora (using java9, gdx and lwjgl, all custom built, also using gl4es), but it doesn't seems to want to run in fullscreen. Instead, it is stuck in a window bigger then the screen (so you need to move the window with shift-left drag). Doesn't seems handy, and I don't know if it's one of my native lib at fault (libgdx or liblwjgl) or the game design that need at least 800px of height.
View attachment 32105
i have Pocket Slay on my ipaq 4700 , i remember that the screen did do this. you used the touch screen to scroll the screen up and down to see all the tiles..

Correct, in case of larger maps you will have to scroll (also in Antiyoy). I assumed ptitSeb was talking about repeatedly repositioning the screen up and down though because it doesn't fit the height of the pandora screen. That is why I suggested portrait mode. It is an android game and targeted at Android phones so usually played on smaller vertical screens, screenshot seems to suggest it is tested in landscape mode.

Rotating is not really an option, I can rotate inside gl4es, but that's not enough, and rotation should also be applied in gdx/lwjgl.
And yes, the issue is the game window is higher than screen height. I'll probably try to give a package, and may be I'll find something to improve it (me or something else).

OK - thanks. If it is challenging it might be easier to request the developer to make some adjustments. I could ask on reddit - dev seems very willing to assist people (of course in that case I have to know what to ask ;) ).

Well, I took the archive from the redit link you posted, and I think it's a slightly different code from the one in the github: I think the github version create a fullscreen application, using the fullscreen resolution it gets, where that desktop version open a windowed game, using a fixed resolution, without any option to change size of switch to fullscreen.
[doublepost=1539973134,1539963335][/doublepost]So I have finally compiled it myself and got it fullscreen. Unfortunatly, it doesn't work correctly. The map is bigger than the screen, but the game doesn't let you move the map around correctly :(

OK - I just posted something on reddit and requested the dev to provide something in full screen. I guess the full screen option isn't a problem anymore :) .
Will update the post, no problem.
The desktop version I tried you just click and drag the screen with the left mouse button. So that part isn't working?

Map is not moving. I barely see the town in the tutorial, it half out of the screen and cannot move the map down to properly see it.

In fact, the game doesn't like Widescreen, even if there is some code that is supposed to handle that. I have tried on my desktop, that have an ultrawide screen, and it's worse then on the Pandora: I just see the feet of the 2 human (so I don't see the town at all), and I cannot move the map up/down.

hmm... strange - the version I tried is working perfectly fine on my desktop. Using Ubuntu 18.04 and I can drag the screen everywhere I like (last time I used skirmish).

This is the version I tried

btw updated post on reddit (basically just a link to this post) maybe the dev is interested and can share his thoughts.

tried the tutorial also, no problem at all on my desktop (works fast and can zoom in out with my scroll button on the mouse)

start game with:

java -jar antiyoy.jar

java -version:

openjdk version "10.0.2" 2018-07-17
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 10.0.2+13-Ubuntu-1ubuntu0.18.04.2)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0.2+13-Ubuntu-1ubuntu0.18.04.2, mixed mode)

Last edited:
No I mean, if I force fullscreen (need a rebuild for that), it does what I describe. If I let it windowed, I have no issues.

In DesktopLauncher.java, before the "new" insert
Code:
config.fullscreen = true;

Ah, okay too bad. Maybe the antiyoy dev shows some interest and has a suggestion. Will keep an eye on reddit.

Last edited:
@ptitSeb

Developer on reddit (yiotro) provided some additional information, created a special build for the Pandora and gave an email address for you to contact if you still have questions. According to yiotro it should be possible to get the windows size correct and is willing to assist.
Hope this helps :)

Yeah, well, that's what I tried already.
antiyoy.png
See the main menu, this is what I get.
The gameplay is not better... (I'll be in vacation and traveling, with no access to my window machine, starting in a couple of hours, so I'll not write to the author now).

Last edited:
Back