• Pyrrha

Votes: 24 12.8%
  • Pyra

Votes: 66 35.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted Today, 01:13 PM by ThatGui:

If Dragonbox describes the series, maybe Names of famous dragons could be the name of the specific model - like Hydra, Typhon or mušḫuššu (bet there aren't many domains registered on this one) ?
At least some people like this idea although I'd still start with the Dragonbox Tiamat. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Habu (波布?) is a Japanese name used to refer to certain venomous snakes.

Also the surname of the SR-71 in a pacific base.

Speaking the combination of company and device out loud... "Dragonbox Dragonfly" - really guys? Don't you think one dragon in there is quite enough?

Edit: Same with the other names containing which is becoming quite a drag...

Speaking the combination of company and device out loud... "Dragonbox Dragonfly" - really guys? Don't you think one dragon in there is quite enough?
That's the same what I thought...

The best thing to do is check up names of ancient gods and goddesses or star constellations.

Thats what I did for The game 'Spirit shard' and for a comic too.

It takes a while but you will know the name when you see it.

The best thing to do is check up names of ancient gods and goddesses or star constellations.

We've done this thoroughly and posted the results in the other threads, ED does not seem to like it.

I have found many mythological dragons and some of them are not used much.

What's in a name?

Come on, guys, don't be so anal retentive.

It's the device what will make the name and not the other way around IMHO.

Ceres (Roman) - This Goddess of agriculture and grains name comes from the Indo European word root, ker meaning “to grow.” In turn her name has become the origin of our modern word cereal.

Demeter (Greek) - Goddess of the harvest who possessed great knowledge of the best way to grow, preserve and harvest grain. She was also the devoted mother of Persephone. Her name reflects her nurturing personality as it means “earth mother” in Greek.

Hella (Nordic) - The fearsome Goddess of the Nordic realm of the dead. Her name is derived from the word kel, meaning "to conceal." There are numerous spellings of her name including Halje Hell, Hel, Helle,Hela and Holle.

Vesta (Roman) - Guardian of the sacred Flame. Vesta’s name and function is derived from the Greek Goddess Hestia.

ECHO   f   Greek Mythology
Means "echo" from the word for the repeating reflected sound, which derives from Greek ηχη (eche) "sound"

btw "The Shard" is not a bad name for a device either...you could work this even in the design...

We've done this thoroughly and posted the results in the other threads, ED does not seem to like it.

I have found many mythological dragons and some of them are not used much.
It does not have anything to do with "not like it"

Those names are often either to complex in spelling (remember: Telling someone the name at the bus should be enough for him to find it using google, without having to SPELL the name!) or have been registered already (I checked the trademarks).

Nice, we can add new names again? In that case I purpose to add - the Beeblebox 42 

Guaranteed to win hearts and minds of this fine community :)

It does not have anything to do with "not like it"

Those names are often either to complex in spelling (remember: Telling someone the name at the bus should be enough for him to find it using google, without having to SPELL the name!) or have been registered already (I checked the trademarks).

"Dragonbox Ladon"

shouldn't be registered.

Outside of mythology and Breath of Fire 3, Ladon isn't used much or is it?

I wouldn't have thought, that stuff like "Dragonbox Tiamat" or "Dragonbox Echo" is a problem, if there is something entirely different named after this ancient stuff, like a band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back