Votes: 39 20.9%
  • Pyrrha

Votes: 24 12.8%
  • Pyra

Votes: 66 35.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, "Pyra" is ahead of "DragonFly" now! If we can get a few more "Miriad" supporters to change their minds to "Pyra", "Pyra" can win this poll :)
Don't forget the Pyrrha votes which perhaps change to Pyra as the second best choice under thix cricumstances...
Except that you can vote for multiple names, so more than probably most people that voted for Pyrrha already have modified their vote to add Pyra…
Or vote for both (like me)

But my favorite is «Pyra» because the spelling is much easier.

And «Pyrates comunity» is quite funny :)

If the series is called the Dragonbox... it'd be neat to have the individual ones named after famous dragons.  :)
Our number grows.

I still wonder, why this idea hasn't made it into the polls,

it was there more than just one time and from different people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Outside of Smaug or WoW references I couldn't name a famous dragon.

Outside of Smaug or WoW references I couldn't name a famous dragon.
http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14915-finding-a-proper-name-and-logo/?view=findpost&p=293192/URL]

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/15058-poll-name-of-the-successor-reboot/?view=findpost&p=295531

[...]

Possible successor names (after "Dragonbox Tiamat", I'd love to start with this one so we have it before ED loses interest in making handhelds sometime):

Dragonbox +

Fafnir

Leviathan

Ceto (or the dragon "Trienus", which also means "in three years" *giggle*)

Ladon

Hydra

Typhon (most deadly monster of greek mythology and even Zeus had problems with this one - has to be a total killer device)

Python

When I think about it, I really wonder why no console/handheld-company has established the stylish dragon brand for it yet this way.

ED should establish it as fast as possible and his Dragonbox (which should be the companies name too) would be the perfect cradle.

Don't forget the Pyrrha votes which perhaps change to Pyra as the second best choice under thix cricumstances...
Except that you can vote for multiple names, so more than probably most people that voted for Pyrrha already have modified their vote to add Pyra…
That, and Pyra is the misspelling here.  If people want it they can vote for it, or Pyrrha, or both - there's no transferrable vote here.

1. Dragora (6 votes [2.68%])
  2. Miriad (46 votes [20.54%])
  3. Myridon (12 votes [5.36%])
  4. Pandragon (23 votes [10.27%])
  5. Pyragon (32 votes [14.29%])
  6. DragonFly (37 votes [16.52%])
  7. Pyrrha (21 votes [9.38%])
  8. Pyra (47 votes [20.98%])
Pyra is taking the lead now!

Miriad and Pyra are both misspellings, but at least Pyra still has the "Y".

The originals are μυριάς and Πύρρα respectively, so I guess the most accurate transcriptions would be Myriad(es) and Pyrra.

In different languages, things are transcribed differently. Let's see:

English: Myriad, Pyrrha

French: Myriade, Pyrrha

German: Myriade, Pyrrha

Spanish: Miríada, Pirra

Italian: Miriade, Pirra

Polish: Miriada, Pyrra

Romanian: Miriada, Pyra

Serbo-Croatian: Mirjada, Pira

So yeah, it's not really that wrong to spell it differently. But I just like to have the Y - in many countries the letter Y is called "Greek I" by the way (i grec).

In ancient Greek, the Y was pronounced like the German ü or the French and Dutch u by the way (it's also written like that in lowercase Greek). That vowel does not exist in English I think. Anyway, it means that if you want to, you can think of "Pyra" as being not so far away from "pure".

I don't know for other languages but in Italian Pyra (paira) sounds terrible and also could be confused with Pirla (that is considered an offensive word).

Nothern Italian Milanese word for "dickhead". Being more a joking insult than offensive, "pirla" may be even considered as affectionate among friends.
Thanks for pointing ...i didn't found proper words to describe it :)

And now for something completely different.

You like the letter Y. I get that. Like cowbell, there can never be enough.

Myriad + Pyra

Myryra

Despite it's looks, it's perfectly pronounceable. Google search seems to indicate that it's someone's first name or handle on a few things, but no products that I can find at first glance.

If you want symmetry...

MyryryM

My-ry-rym

That's a huge stretch to associate Pirla to Pyra. The two are very different. You might as well associate any random word starting with P to Pyra.

And now for something completely different.

You like the letter Y. I get that. Like cowbell, there can never be enough.

Myriad + Pyra

Myryra

Despite it's looks, it's perfectly pronounceable. Google search seems to indicate that it's someone's first name or handle on a few things, but no products that I can find at first glance.

If you want symmetry...

MyryryM

My-ry-rym   
You have been reading too much posts from comradekingu ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back