Poll: Do You Like Keybord Font.

Do you like Pandora's keyboard font?

• Yes! It's awesome!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't.

• I don't care what font it is!

• I think font "xyz" will be better. (pls post, im wery interested=D)

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
danjh0 said:
Does it really matter?

Looks fine to me, but then I'm not fussy. Hey, as long as it works, that suits.

It's ironic really isn't it - people aren't happy when there are delays, and this kind of poll is exactly the thing to start causing more. Shall we have space age font, shall we have glow in the dark, shall we have edible keys.

WHO CARES!! As long as it works.
How about having it work AND having a decent font the majority of community agrees on.
We can have both ya know. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
I'm thinking Braille now.
Would be easier to read in the dark, no need for glow in the dark paint... :lol:

I can't see the large size render, but
  • +1 for sans serif, never liked those serifs
  • +1 for . and , on buttons
  • not sure about ctrl = select, but I might be convinced. At least it's in the middle and reachable with both hands.
  • +1 for more punctuation marks and fewer non-english characters on the keyboard. You can't fit them all on so why have just some?

After seeing this thread, I believe we are one step away from a "which side would you prefer the volume control to be on" thread.

Seriously, I clicked on it thinking the title was sarcastic...

aliking said:
+1 for more punctuation marks and fewer non-english characters on the keyboard. You can't fit them all on so why have just some?

If you don't mind me asking, where are you from? (I'm Aussie and have very little knowledge of other alphabets). I assume from Fishbong's post that the main requirements for accented characters (correct term?) are there.

Just looking to learn a little here. :)

I've re-hosted the big image here if you can't see the original: http://i40.tinypic.com/2hya05w.jpg

Im wondering over the characters å, ä and ö myself. Since I'm a Swede and therefore got those characters included in my alphabet and language. Also, it would be nice to be able to write the distro's name, or what do you think?

danjh0 said:
Does it really matter?

Looks fine to me, but then I'm not fussy. Hey, as long as it works, that suits.

It's ironic really isn't it - people aren't happy when there are delays, and this kind of poll is exactly the thing to start causing more. Shall we have space age font, shall we have glow in the dark, shall we have edible keys.

WHO CARES!! As long as it works.
If you dont care you can go live in a cardboard box, eat 3 year old tomatoes and use those freaky old computers with tapes rolled in something :angry: . It works, isnt it????
And why humanity grow out of stoneage?? it worked, isnt it? You are discrimating that guy who makes fdm case and that guy who wants to make a box! and "WHO CARES!!" allmost ewerybody on this thread cares!!

Gruso said:
aliking said:
+1 for more punctuation marks and fewer non-english characters on the keyboard. You can't fit them all on so why have just some?

If you don't mind me asking, where are you from? (I'm Aussie and have very little knowledge of other alphabets). I assume from Fishbong's post that the main requirements for accented characters (correct term?) are there.

Just looking to learn a little here. :)

I've re-hosted the big image here if you can't see the original: http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc333/G.../PandaFront.jpg

thanks for that... and looks like we don't have a comma on a key...

I'm English, so I'll fully admit that this is mostly selfishness. I don't have much knowledge on this myself and I'll almost never use foreign characters. But there are tons of special characters -

ÀÁÂÃÄÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞßàáãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñóôõöøùúûüýþÿĀāĂăĄĆćĈĉĊċČčĎďĐđĒē
ĔĕĖėĘęĚěĜĝĞğĠġĢģĤĥĦħĨĩĪīĬĭĮįİıIJijĴĵĶķĸĹĺĻļĽľĿŀŁłŃńŅņŇňʼnŊŋŌōŎŏŐőŒœŔŕŖŗŘřŚśŜŝŞşŠšŢţŤťŦŧŨũŪ
ūŬŭŮůŰűŲųŴŵŶŷŸŹźŻżŽžſƒƠơƯưǺǻǼǽǾǿ

are just a few which may or may not be valid, but are the 5 or 6 on the current keyboard really enough? If a lot of them will have to be composed anyway, why not all? But I'm sure we had a poll to this effect earlier....

edit: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...;hl=punctuation

After reading through some of the answers, here are my two cents:

If the paint is going to glow in the dark, then I'd go for a bold font.
We should use a free font if available to avoid legal trouble later on, though.
I like the layout - it seems some things have changed from SneakPreview3 to PandoraFront - but that is not easily be visible from the SneakPreview (which is also a point for the later PandoraFront layout and font.)
Having the Fn-Characters printed a bit bigger, bold and a different blueish color is a good thing imho.

I'd however prefer a sans-serif font, but that might be just because the old rendering of pandora was using sans-serif and I got used to it B)

However, some characters are needed in unix mode - like . , / < > \ & | _ etc. that I'd prefer to be easily reached. I think devs can best tell what is needed most for this. As I am from Germany, I'm also glad to have special characters like öäüßÖÄÜ on the keyboard using Fn, but other countries have their own requirements, and we can't fit everything on the keyboard. As it is surely possible to change the keyboard mapping in software, we might just need some polls regarding what other layouts/keymatts should also be produced later and sell them as upgrades ;-)

Now I just want it delivered to my doorstep...

aliking said:
thanks for that... and looks like we don't have a comma on a key...

I'm English, so I'll fully admit that this is mostly selfishness. I don't have much knowledge on this myself and I'll almost never use foreign characters. But there are tons of special characters -

ÀÁÂÃÄÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞßàáãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñóôõöøùúûüýþÿĀāĂăĄĆćĈĉĊċČčĎďĐđĒē
ĔĕĖėĘęĚěĜĝĞğĠġĢģĤĥĦħĨĩĪīĬĭĮįİıIJijĴĵĶķĸĹĺĻļĽľĿŀŁłŃńŅņŇňʼnŊŋŌōŎŏŐőŒœŔŕŖŗŘřŚśŜŝŞşŠšŢţŤťŦŧŨũŪ
ūŬŭŮůŰűŲųŴŵŶŷŸŹźŻżŽžſƒƠơƯưǺǻǼǽǾǿ

are just a few which may or may not be valid, but are the 5 or 6 on the current keyboard really enough? If a lot of them will have to be composed anyway, why not all? But I'm sure we had a poll to this effect earlier....
Indeed, in italian the letters àèéìòù are quite common, and in other european languages there are others. There is no way all those can be included in such a small keyboard. I think NONE is better than SOME, in this case. Much more democratic than having a german-oriented device with stuff like ß.

Well i'm french, and i don't use those characters : üöä...
Why are they here ? oO
I don't care if my éèà,etc are not there, but why those ?!

EDIT : and again, i HATE serif fonts.

Gruso said:

There is many accent marks or diacritics. For me is important ´ ˇ and ° (acute, little hook and ring) as I am Czech. On Czech keyboards we have ěščřžýáíéúů and other to 15 in total we compose by pressing diacritic and letter. As we neighbor with other Slavic (Poland, Slovak) and Germanic (Germany, Austria) languages we often use other diacritics too, especially ¨ ^ (umlaut ant little roof). Here in Europe is quite a lot languages with some diacritics or accents that looks strange for foreigners. And to be more complicated, in different languages they change quality of vowels and consonants differently :)

Fine Zxxxy, but don't come complaining on here when you don't get your precious Pandora in April!

hells_dark said:
Well i'm french, and i don't use those characters : üöä...
Why are they here ? oO
I don't care if my éèà,etc are not there, but why those ?!

EDIT : and again, i HATE serif fonts.
They can be typed as a combination of ´`^ and a vowel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back