Pandora PNDManager

maybe some problems are in the repo itself... I tried to download with firefox, and the first time it downloaded 600kb instead of 11Mb... after some try I was able to dowload the complete file, but I needed to pause/unpause the download different times...

EDIT: ...it's not "completely" complete... I'll retry later...

EDIT: works well for me, is it my impression or it's faster than before ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's weird. The first three or four times i started PNDManager it didn't load the app list automatically. I had to sync it manually (this time one click on sync did it though). But now it seems to work properly. I think it started working right after new apps had appeared on the repo. So... everything seems to be ok now! :)

repo client api implentation, some bug fixes, better error handling, http 1.1 download continue going to be in next release of libpndman.

Just downloaded OpenJDK installer PND three times, installing seemed to work properly, but it would fail to mount the PND.

Works via PNDstore.

Moving back into PNDManager mode here. Did quite a cleanup in Panorama repository today. Cloudef has done wonders in libpndman in the last weeks and I have quite a bit to catch up in qtpndman before I get to adding stuff in anything visible. My plan for this sprint (duration unknown) is to introduce support for the new repo api features and generally improve the UI.

Since the compo thread is going to be closed, I'll make a new thread in General Talk for general conversation on PNDManager and musings on possible features, while this thread should stay a development and bug report thread. This is to help me keep tabs on bugs more easily.

Uh, has there anything changed with the repo? PND Manager doesn't show any icons or preview pics anymore wen updating the lists. I have not changed PND Manager in any way, it worked fine some days ago. Looking in the repo homepage, everything is still there. Strange.

Uh, has there anything changed with the repo? PND Manager doesn't show any icons or preview pics anymore wen updating the lists. I have not changed PND Manager in any way, it worked fine some days ago. Looking in the repo homepage, everything is still there. Strange.

That sounds like what it does if you try to start it without a working internet connection. Are you sure you were online at the time?

- Neelix

Yes, that sounds like it. Maybe there should be some error handling, when the repo feed can't be downloaded, that says establish an internet connection for full functionality or something.

There is some handling, just no error messages. Will probably need to improve on that at some point.

That sounds like what it does if you try to start it without a working internet connection. Are you sure you were online at the time?

- Neelix
Lol, I'm not that stupid. It updated everything fine but it completely missed all the icons and preview images. I even updated the lists a couple of times but no images showed up.

In case anyone wonders how the libpndman api looks like or wants to integrate package managing to their application.

I've done fully commented sample for the upcomming release that has almost every function of the library here.

There is also qt wrapper by B-ZaR, and python bindings by tempel.

Ok, images and Icons work again. I had to delete the appdata folders of PNDManager. Of course this is not a solution but at least a workaround.

Fusion_Power: Good that you got it sorted out. Sounds like there was some trouble syncing with your database. Icons and images only show up for packages there are repo versions of, and that requires a successful sync.

A small progress report: I've successfully integrated the new pndman with qtpndman and pndmanager as long as existing functionality is concerned (the interface changed quite a bit). Right now I'm finding and squashing newly surfaced concurrency bugs. After that I'll integrate everything with pndmanager and make sure stuff works right. Then I'll start integrating the new repo features.

I've forgot to mention, that I have to delete the Appdata folder EVERYTIME after starting and updating the lists to see the Images. :( Something must have changed in the Repo since nothing has changed on my Pandora.

Wat.

If you'd like, I could give you a beta version of the next release to try with once I get one rolled up.

Back