Please Delete:Radical Hardware Idea for Pandora 2(Outdated 2/22/2012)

Interesting & positive stuff there Craig, am I right in thinking that the Pandora 2 would be a joint commercial venture between Open Pandora Ltd & Open Pandora GmbH?

I hope so, all the previous talk of an android focussed device made me fear that we'd see separate Pandora 2's from you & ED.

As for the case redesign then that IMHO is a necessity for Pandora 2, ergonomics & hinge design could be vastly improved.

As for the screen size / resolution & processing power etc. then those sort of things should be based around the idea of when the P2 will be available for purchase. Sticking with the current screen resolution for a device that would not be launched until 2015 would be commercial suicide.

Nice, positive post. if rather confusing.

Any P2 will not only simple, and indistinguishable from the P1, but it will be market changingly new and exiting.

I know someone suggested (physically) splitting processing from peripherals a while back...

I'm sure you can sell a lot more than 10.000 Pandoras if you get the production running smoothly. The problem along the way was never finding customers IMHO. I would stick with you once again

The ever-improving software helps too.

Most people will buy a device for what it does, not what it enables you to do.

As for having a new mould for a new case for the demo unit, why not just do a 3D-printed version for demo purposes similar to the original Pandora case?

As for having a new mould for a new case for the demo unit, why not just do a 3D-printed version for demo purposes similar to the original Pandora case?

Because as we have learned, a 3D demo version does not mean the final moulded version will work.

Remember the huge delays caused by the case? Well we don't want you to even be aware of those next time.

A new mould and a new case would be what id like.Something different.And i like the sound of craigs comments about creating a revolutionary device.Bigger screen?Yeah why not.

Now im excited about a P2.

Hey, Craig, just a question, if I may: Would the bigger screen cause the device to be less-pocketable, or, ideally, would it not affect that, for whatever reason? :p

Back