Playstation Emulation

There's plenty of keys in easy reach to map L2/R2 to, and even the analogue push-sticks (PS1 didn't use these, did it?). Should be a breeze.

Oh yeah, of course, the keyboard keys >:/

PS1 did use analogue pushsticks iirc, but I don't think hardly any games used them...

cools said:
As an executable/data wrapper for the PSP there's nothing wrong with it.

On a system where the executable part is simply unusable it feels wrong :) - it's like creating a self-extracting slideshow out of a load of JPEG images, and writing a viewer on a different architecture that is only capable of viewing the images when packaged - not unpacked.

In no way am I trying to discourage eboot support - I dislike it but I know that's my opinion. I'd just like a bare, compressed ISO format available to use too.
I really hope this is the end of your complaints.

You can simply remove the preview images etc. if you can't deal with them being there and only include the ISO. Beyond that - and I mean this in a nice way - stop whining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
Some people are really amazing. It's as if you spent all day baking a delicious pie with hand picked fruit and fresh ingredients, and hand delivered it to their house. When you showed up at their door with the free, tasty pie and said "Here, this is for you", all they could think to say is "What, no whipped cream?"
or...

"What, no gravy?"

Yay team ZoDTin!~

the main problem is that nothing else supports eboots... while isos are supported in every psx emulator out there (the one in your windows, the one in your xbox, etc)
other than that, you guys just have to realize it's a really good way to compress the ps1 data. it's just a matter of using one little easy-to-use app to batch convert all your favorite games :) there are a lot of apps that do this, just choose one

.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
the main problem is that nothing else supports eboots... while isos are supported in every psx emulator out there (the one in your windows, the one in your xbox, etc)
other than that, you guys just have to realize it's a really good way to compress the ps1 data. it's just a matter of using one little easy-to-use app to batch convert all your favorite games :) there are a lot of apps that do this, just choose one
You must read the entire thread. There was no push to support *only* eboot. They already said like three times, support for other formats will not be removed.

/Reading comprehension, tastes like chicken.

BackAssward said:
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
You must read the entire thread. There was no push to support *only* eboot. They already said like three times, support for other formats will not be removed.

/Reading comprehension, tastes like chicken.

Actually, he has a point. I think he knows that they are not removing support for anything, but it is nice to be able to move my isos and save files across platforms, and if eboots become the defacto standard for the Pandora, then features like previews for standard iso files is less likely to happen. Really though; How much do you really think it will affect your gaming experience? I am eternally grateful for the very existence of a PSX emulator, so I will most certainly not complain about including a format that I dont want to use.

well there is a linux utility(open source) on source forge or in the package database for *buntu called cso which converts iso's to "compacted" or "compressed" ISO, which is easily understood by the PSP, I would suggest that it would be supported, as it does shrink things easily and decompress easily

Kloplop321 said:
well there is a linux utility(open source) on source forge or in the package database for *buntu called cso which converts iso's to "compacted" or "compressed" ISO, which is easily understood by the PSP, I would suggest that it would be supported, as it does shrink things easily and decompress easily
What, no whipped cream?

Haha, well I am just pointing out that the tool is available, open source(which I have looked at), and just so simple that it is already on windows(no GUI), and I am sure that is can run on the Pandora itself with a simple recompilation.

and I don't like whipped cream anyway ;)

Tinnus, don't worry about Kloplop - he also thinks MWeston isn't part of Pandora's dev team. Seriously.

Hey it isn't my fault, I even checked the site. (edit, well now I know that it is his first name, not his user name)

and tinnus, I know that. I am a PSP dev for an infrared keyboard driver project.
I am saying though, that we could use that simplistic compression scheme.

Since there will be support for eboots will there also be support for popstation save files? If not, then no sweat because cwcheat can convert them into .mcr anyway.

Yes they will have to be converted since the PSP format is encrypted.

The encryption method isn't publicly known AFAIK. CWCheat works because it reads the cards from memory during gameplay.

AAAHHHH cwcheat I love you. if it comes to pandora then I will need a diaper.

Back