Picodrive 1.10

I am not expecting full emulation of the Sega CD right away but it would definitely be interesting to see running on the GP2X. I have fond memories of playing Sega CD games in my youth.

yep sonic cd runs fullspeed for me with music and sound...about to test
lunar 2..

Hey its good news for the community that there's an Emu of Sega Cd I know its just a beta but thanks to u Notaz people are playing Sonic Cd Fullspeed.

BTW-I think DaveC should be surprised that there's a game working Fullspeed for this Emu.

Hey its good news for the community that there's an Emu of Sega Cd I know its just a beta but thanks to u Notaz people are playing Sonic Cd Fullspeed.

BTW-I think DaveC should be surprised that there's a game working Fullspeed for this Emu.

It doesn't emulate all of the hardware. I would be really suprised if everything was emulated such as the custom gfx chips and scaling/rotation hardware etc and ran full speed on the GP2X at 240 MHz. That is alot of stuff going on for the GP2X to handle. It is amazing though that it can emulate 2 68000 CPUs and run this well. Gives me hope that SNES may be possible with transparencies, and Amiga emulation can be at full speed.

Still cool though as it is. Amazing work by Notaz, a coding master.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unbelievable! Excellent work. Please continue development for this great piece of software. Can't wait to see Snatcher, one of the best games released ever, running on the GP2x...

Regards,
Stephan

Going to try Snatcher asap... amazing work!

Edit: Snatcher hangs at the trademark screen (just prior to the Konami screen). Still cool to see it booting though. I would think it is because it uses the FM chip in playing the Konami jingle which proceeds the trademark screen.

Sonic CD is pretty much full speed at 220 MHz (yay for people who can't overclock) using the 8bit fast renderer (the 16bit accurate renderer will slow it down a great deal though, ~50fps at 275 MHz).

Okay, if you run Sonic and wait for the movie to play, it crashes.

So I guess games do crash when an intro movie comes.

That explains why Lunar - the Silver Star crashes after the Working Designs logo.

Damn, I forgot to include mmuhack.o in the archive, this effectively disables the MMU hack. Copy it from older version and it should give some frames. I have reuploaded zip to the archive, but it hasn't updated yet (or it doesn't accept archives with the same name?).

I've updated first post, please re-read. Check out the new GMV feature, I find it very entertaining!

Damn, I forgot to include mmuhack.o in the archive, this effectively disables the MMU hack. Copy it from older version and it should give some frames. I have reuploaded zip to the archive, but it hasn't updated yet (or it doesn't accept archives with the same name?).

I've updated first post, please re-read. Check out the new GMV feature, I find it very entertaining!

Thanks for the update.

EvilDragon has to accept the new file on the archive before a download is possible.

Regards,
Stephan

P.S. Voting for Snatcher...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back