PGS Windows 10 gaming handheld - GPD WIN competitor

Nope. Theory is NOT fact.

Given that Science never claims to have the facts, it's as close as you can get in scientific terminology to the facts. But it doesn't matter - because your beliefs don't matter. The fact that you're unable to grasp the terminology is neither here nor there.

Did you really think that you could wander into a tech-orientated forum and spout crap like this (and racism too) and not get called out on it? Hell, around here you're more likely to find people with FaeMinx's beliefs than you are believers in any sort of god.

But hey, it's your funeral.

So a "pouch" query is "racist"? You have too much time on your hands.
[doublepost=1488712199,1488712128][/doublepost]ZXDunny - Do you feel good about what you're doing now?

So a "pouch" query is "racist"? You have too much time on your hands.

You were unable to form a cogent reply to Wally in response to his trimming your bullshit posts. Hence, you resorted to attacking his heritage rather than his actions. That's the mark of the ignorant, who knows that he cannot win.

And what did you think would happen? Posting masses of full-stops and political messages to a message board that's non-political? Attempting to dictate what is and isn't correct terminology without getting corrected?

Yeah, I feel pretty good about this. You really have no idea who I am, and more importantly, what I like to do around here, do you?

Bring it.

Bring it.
319cf13893245138b35bbedbc775c507.jpg

Laaaaaaadiiieeesss and gennnnnntlemennnnnnn.... Epic Computerscientifics of Historyyyyy presents!
in the right corner, weighing 48Kilobytes... ZeeeeetteeeexxxxDUNNNYYYYYYYY..... in the left corner at 3 stories high and with an icecreambaaaaallll.... Fuuuulapjaaaaaaaaack... BEGIN!
[doublepost=1488719741,1488718078][/doublepost]
Theory is NOT fact.
Truth is NOT fact either... fact is only a small part of truth... and it can be misleading to interpolate the rest

Who are you? This often asked question is seldom answered with "Water". Although "you" are mostly water. (all molecules are Hydrogen or Oxygen, but with a few more neutrons/protons in their nucleus)
Who are you? This often asked question is seldom answered with "Void". Although "you" are mostly void. (99.9999999% of matter is void.... so this is an "almost" truth)

Take a swimmingpool. At what point does the water-pool become a pee-pool? (average pee in an Olympic sized pool: a whopping 225 liters. Yes, go confirm it in the fake news media). Next time your eyes hurt because you have them open under water... it's not the chlorine causing it... it is the urea that binds to the chlorine that causes it... let that sink in for a moment. But back to TRUTH versus FACT.... I summed up a few "facts"... but where are the truths? Dunno.

so lets say the earth moves around the sun.... totally wrong, its true. I know. Because the sun moves very fast, and all the planets actually try to catch up to the sun in weird spirals (not "orbits" you silly, "orbits" do not exist). Even then... the sun does not go in a straight line. As a matter of fact, the sun (a binary system) orbits, together with a few other stars, a dwarf galaxy in process of being incorporated into the milky way (and resistance is futile).

Where was I going with this? Ah Scientific Method: A way of removing data that does oppose the current status quo to publish again something that confirms the lie. Examples? 16 consecutive studies of smoking being harmless. 24 consecutive studies of lead (as a preservant) being harmless. He who controls the labs, controls the results, and ultimately... controls the Spice.... (for the ones that don't know: that game had 3 factions, and I'm adding myself as one of them)
[doublepost=1488720229][/doublepost]... are we derailed yet?

Event Horizon: 2 months

You did post about 50 lines of full stops and then a bunch of TRUMPS.. It's not related to the topic.
And we appreciate your hard work. Thanks for cleaning it up. A little drifting off topic tends to happen during conversation, but some things just don't fit and serve no purpose.

Can we please stop debating belief? Those that believe the words of one over another and that won't be swayed by that which can be observed and demonstrated are never going to agree with those that want proof. As amusing as these sorts of debates are to watch I don't think this thread, regardless of how much some of us have shit all over it and how much faith its required to believe that this project will meet its goals, is the place for it. Plus it might scare off some users.

You don't need to be religious to be here, and whether you are or not, regardless of your beliefs, all are welcome. Just try to limit how much you fling your beliefs at others. You can also include stuff in your signature so that you don't need to have huge random posts regarding your beliefs that have nothing to do with the current discussion or topic, and have no real pertinent information for readers. Or put stuff on your profile and all that stuff. Or create an off topic thread where those that are interested can respond...Or seek out like minded people on a site that might be better suited to what you want to discuss if it isn't related to handhelds or retro gaming and computers, which the forums here are dedicated to. Oh, and *nix, Windows, and Mac users are welcome here, as are users of any other OS family, just know that we all have different reasons for using what we use, and we are likely to disagree. It isn't your fault that you don't know that *nix is best. ;) (Seems I inadvertently included OS X...Oh well. Better than Windows.)

Now you can get back to bickering.

Last edited:
Ahh the Pyra forum, where each day you can expect a different discussion in one thread.

No other forum does it better, makes me feel sad for the rest. Nobody does it half as good as this. Baby, you're the best

Again, what is this thread now

Ahh the Pyra forum, where each day you can expect a different discussion in one thread.

No other forum does it better, makes me feel sad for the rest. Nobody does it half as good as this. Baby, you're the best

Again, what is this thread now
Amen to that. Lets here some PGS news if there is some.

This is true - that's why the scientific method starts from the position that we don't know everything, and no scientist ever has said that we do. If they did, they're not a scientist and just as bad as cultists or religious fanatics. HOWEVER...

Yes, it is. This is where the most confusion arises from the disconnect between scientific terminology and terminology that the general public uses.

A scientific theory is as close to fact as you can get. It means that the argument is settled - whatever we're "theorising" about happened (or happens), no question. Examples are the Theory of Gravity or the Theory or Evolution. They're established as having happened - though the fine details may be murky. Evolution definitely happened, though some of the finer details are missing. Humans and apes evolved from a common ancestor - we know this due to the similarities in our DNA (genetic lineage is a real science, and can be used to trace personal history as well as that of the race in general), even though the fossil record is incomplete in places. Things fall down due to gravity, and we know how it works (that's established fact and has to be if we're ever going to put a man on the moon, which we did, or a space station up in orbit, which we also did) even if we don't actually fully understand what gravity actually is.

When you talk of a theory being vague, in scientific terms you're thinking of a hypothesis. That's where we see something, but can only guess at the reason why it should be. Once the research has been done, then if correct it becomes a scientific theory - and thus fact.

Note that even scientific theories can be overturned if new evidence surfaces - that is the whole point of the scientific process. But theories are very, very unlikely to be overturned since all available evidence overwhelmingly points to their conclusions and there simple isn't any further evidence to be found. And we don't have many established theories. But evolution certainly is one.

Fortunately for the human race at large, scientists don't care that you think that their theories are flawed or inaccurate based on your beliefs, and nobody is ever going to change a scientific theory using belief - so you can go ahead in your ignorance safely in the knowledge that it will change nothing, and scientific theories will continue to be used to make life better for everyone. Possibly at the expense of your beliefs, but that's Ok - you'll be dead in a few decades and will have changed nothing.

Edit: I wanted to apologize because I realize that I am thinking of specific theory, while you were talking about general theory. Those are two related, but different things. What you said about theory is essentially all correct about general theory, so that is my mistake. What I said applies to specific theory.

As far as evolution goes, it still seems like it takes a lot of wishful thinking to make it fit the definition of a general theory. It's based a lot more on speculation than observation, and it violates one of the criteria of a general theory in that it seems to greatly conflict with statistical theory (general theory is not supposed to conflict with other general theory).

This isn't really accurate about what a scientific theory is (edit: this is not correct in this context; see my apology above). A hypothesis is basically a guess or speculation about what might be the case based on some limited information you have observed. From a hypothesis, which is general and cannot be proved or disproved, you formulate a theory, which limits the hypothesis in a way that it can be proved or disproved by experimentation. Once experimentation has proved or disproved a theory, then it is considered scientific fact. The theory stage is supposed to be short-lived.

Evolution is not really a theory. It's too big and general (again, this is not a correct reason to reject evolution as a general theory, which is different from a specific theory; sorry) and there is too much debate over how it supposedly worked/works. If it were technically a theory it would be simple enough to be proved by experimentation and there would be no debates about how it happened. Incidentally, there are plenty of facts that were never theory, even in science (facts can be established by direct observation).

Of course there are plenty of scientists who pretend that evolution is established fact, but the truth is that debates within the scientific community (such as whether it happened gradually or in short bursts, when it happened, etc.) don't rage over things that are considered established fact (like the existence of gravity and its effects). Of course the existence of gravity is established, but why it works is still hypothetical. Anything that they cannot devise an experiment to prove or disprove is not a theory in scientific terms (Edit: this probably still isn't part of the general theory of gravity because they have too little to go on; there are a couple of conflicting ideas about this; though no practical situation in which they make a significant difference has been discovered).

Incidentally, the fossil record turned out not to be as theorized to support evolution. Darwin was disappointed by the lack of support for his ideas in the fossil record, and further discoveries have only added to the lack of support. Of course evolutionists have faith that those fossils exist somewhere, or that we're somehow unfortunate enough to be missing all the intermediary life forms (that's why they came up with the idea of punctuated equilibrium, to explain the lack of support for evolution in the fossil record). Also, everything that has DNA has similarities in its DNA to everything else that has DNA. The differences are mostly enough to create the observable differences in all the different forms of life. There is nothing that definitively establishes common ancestry with apes to a degree anything like racial ancestry is established. In fact, using racial ancestry as a parallel to establish evolutionary ideas is rather ironic. Racial ancestry profiles depend on the odds of two similar DNA profiles developing separately being too low to be considered possible. While evolutionary ideas depend entirely on beating those sorts of odds over and over again.

Last edited:
I'd so love to bite re these theory vs fact vs truth shenanigans, but I'm here to read cool things about handheld devices.

More on cool gadgets (real or otherwise), and less about unicorn poo and spaghetti boloqnese methinks.

I'd so love to bite re these theory vs fact vs truth shenanigans, but I'm here to read cool things about handheld devices.

More on cool gadgets (real or otherwise), and less about unicorn poo and spaghetti boloqnese methinks.
Can i point you to threads that actually talks about handheld devices? Because you are obviously lost in the wrong thread...

I think this thread got derailed when the device never materialized. I was actually incorrect in my point about what a theory is because I was thinking only of specific theory, while ZXDunny was talking about general theory. See my apology in the edit above.

The largest sledgehammer in the world won't straighten these rails but dammit I'll try.
Details on creation of PGS

Hello, dear friends.

Today we’d like to give you more information about our company, since many of you have repeatedly asked us to reveal more facts. We have prepared for you materials from our PGS Laboratory and a few photos of our development/manufacturing centers.
We decided that it is more efficient to work at a quiet place, surrounded by nature, away from metropolis with its urban bustle.

Here is our cozy PGS Laboratory:
upload-3db407e0-035d-11e7-b7c6-e354ebe0b0a1.jpg

This is our “think tank” where all design and promotional work is being done.
upload-3ea063b0-035d-11e7-b7c6-e354ebe0b0a1.jpg

The Core Team is currently working here on one of the most advanced portable device in the world.
Shenzhen, China

Our development and manufacturing centers are located in Shenzhen, China. Now the active preparations are being made to start manufacturing of the first test batches of PGS Hardcore.
upload-42112070-035d-11e7-b7c6-e354ebe0b0a1.jpg

upload-43ca4220-035d-11e7-b7c6-e354ebe0b0a1.jpg

We would like to put special emphasis on our developers as they have taken part in creation of many smartphones based on Mediatek chips, as well as Windows tablets and laptops. There’s a popular belief that the first smartphone based on full Windows OS was made by Fujitsu in 2011 (F-07C model). But the truth is that as early as 2009 the developers which are now working on PGS produced their XpPhone. Two years after that the successor, XpPhone 2, was released.
Now that the PGS Hardcore specifications have been finalized, we are preparing for the launch of manufacturing of the first test samples. We are planning to visit E3 this year to show the world our unique gadget.

So supposedly these guys are working on it.
http://www.xpphone.com
https://www.linkedin.com/company/in-technology-group
Supposedly.
Well time to fire off some emails to see if I can get a response from that company.

And wait and see where this trainwreak of a thread and trainwreak of a device ends up come E3.

@MJPIA
Would like to have heard more from Kostas though :p

And why is the slide they are looking at dated 2016

Honestly, I hope the xpphone guys are on board and we see something during E3

Last edited:
I think this thread got derailed when the device never materialized. I was actually incorrect in my point about what a theory is because I was thinking only of specific theory, while ZXDunny was talking about general theory. See my apology in the edit above.

No apology necessary - I should have made it a little clearer as to my terms.

You do indeed raise some interesting points, especially regarding current thinking around the topic of evolution. On the one hand, we have those who understand it to be (as close as we can get to) fact, and indeed I think I'm correct in saying that we (as in researchers) have seen evolution happen in a lab. I also recall that we have now evidence of speciation, but that's vague and I may be wrong. On the other hand, we have (though few in number) some researchers who hold evolution to be false. Gripping hand is that nobody is 100% correct because we weren't there to see it happen, so neither side is 100% correct.

So long as we can all agree that it has nothing to do with some bearded guy creating stuff with his words, then I think we can all have some pretty interesting debate as to the finer details.

Back