Pc Spec. Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
davey g posted on Aug 29 2005 at 09:53 PM said:
There should be some sort of 24 hour line you can call to cancel it. I was able to cancel the cheque today even though it's a bank holiday for example.
Really how?
Which bank was it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rico, thanks for the info, so they host the pictures?? is it free??,

Hanz & Davey G, your orders have already been cancelled at my end, both cheques will no longer clear, i will email for a receipt stating the order is null & viod

bargainbassments posted on Aug 29 2005 at 09:58 PM said:
Hanz & Davey G, your orders have already been cancelled at my end, both cheques will no longer clear, i will email for a receipt stating the order is null & viod
How can you do that?
:)

edit: Gonna build my own PC, I have decided, I probably should have anyway, considering I am gonna do Computer Science.

Hanz™ posted on Aug 29 2005 at 08:54 PM said:
davey g posted on Aug 29 2005 at 09:53 PM said:
There should be some sort of 24 hour line you can call to cancel it. I was able to cancel the cheque today even though it's a bank holiday for example.
Really how?
Which bank was it?

Abbey, it was done over the phone, I don't think it matters that it's a bank holiday as they used some foreign call centre I think.

bargainbassments: By saying our orders have been cancelled you mean what? What did you do to prevent the orders from clearing?

Where is the passport? Why haven't you answered anything regarding a landline phone number? Why aren't you answering anything to do with auctionchex despite there being no freakin' down side to using it?

passport is below, im answering the parts bit by bit!

P1010023.JPG

P1010024.JPG

P1010025.JPG

P1010026.JPG

so there you have it, pics of systems, pics of my passport, emails from ebay, screenshot from my ebuyer account,

P.S, ignore my hands as i got glue on them!!!

bargainbassments posted on Aug 29 2005 at 09:06 PM said:
passport is below, im answering the parts bit by bit!

so there you have it, pics of systems, pics of my passport, emails from ebay, screenshot from my ebuyer account, ignoring parts of peoples posts you don't want to answer

P.S, ignore my hands as i got glue on them!!!

What's really messing with me is I'm still inclined to believe him.

what have i ignored??? i just emailed you, i will have to look into auctionpix before i say yes or no, i can accept nochex or any other method that is on the auction on ebay, that gives 8 ways to pay, i have proved all i need to so no more will be put on the forum & i will not get into arguements as you have already said your not buying a system,

its as rico said, theres no point in me keep showing you things, you have all the proof you need & i know you know im proper because all the details i have provided to you all, on top of all these details you have my address, email address, website address, you have more than enough details to trust me but you still don't!,

I cannot do anymore than i have already done, its down to you if you trust me, if not then i understand totally,

what have i ignored???
Not much. But it would have been nice to see those parts with a piece of paper (written on) in front of them as well. And you should supply your landline number to people that are buying a PC from you, since we aren't anymore - I don't see why we should need one.

Edit: I sort of trust you now, but feel like it is for the best, that I don't buy from you anyway. How were you able to cancel my cheque by the way?

i don;t give me home number out to anyone, i use email & my website to sell systems, same as ebuyer, i sometimes give my mobile out for txting delivery details etc but thats about it

nochex seems VERY good, have a look www.nochex.com (i think), im fully registered on it,

so you sort of trust me now yet don't want to carry on the deal, makes sense?, i don;t mind either way m8

"Where you dispute a transaction between you and another party, NOCHEX will not enter into any payment disputed by you and any other person other than to confirm that the payment was made in accordance with the instructions you gave to us. We cannot arrange for money to be given back to you where you believe the payment was made incorrectly by you".

"We are not responsible for any goods or services paid for by you using the NOCHEX service".

From the nochex site, they don't provide me with any protection, just as a method of transferring funds as far as I can see. I'll have to look into it some more before I decide anything further.

so you sort of trust me now yet don't want to carry on the deal, makes sense?, i don;t mind either way m8

Yeah, its just cos there have been to many ups and downs. If I decided to carry the deal on, I would probably get a email from the police saying that you were a fraudster, knowing my luck....

And anyway, I should probably try building one PC myself.

You should try out that Auctionchex thing, I think it has a small fee (but you could make the buyer pay that). But it does completely make cheques safe.
Auctionchex retains the Purchase funds of the Buyer until the Seller has dispatched the item(s) to the Buyer.
ALL despatches must be via an insured means and one that provides proof of delivery. Upon confirmed receipt and/or acceptance of the item(s) by the Buyer, auctionchex.com will forward the Buyer's purchase money to the Seller.
If the Buyer does not accept the item(s) within the agreed inspection period, the Buyer will return the item(s) using the same delivery method, to the Seller and upon confirmed receipt by the Seller of the item(s), auctionchex.com will return to the Buyer the purchase money less any fees due.
Both Buyer and Seller acknowledge and agree that auctionchex.com is providing its escrow service for the limited purpose of providing a system where the purchase monies and purchased item(s) can be confirmed as outlined above.
Auctionchex.com is responsible for informing both parties that the Buyer has received the item(s) from the Seller as acknowledged by notice from the Buyer or delivery service. Delivery is deemed completed when the delivery service has released the item(s) to the Buyer, regardless of any signature requirement.

Just a couple of pointers..

I would remove your scans of your passport quick. Leaving that sort of information along with the passport number on an public forum is extremely naive. Ever heard of Identity theft? :rolleyes:

For a brand new pc the internals are filthy and hardly display good workmanship.

I would remove your scans of your passport quick. Leaving that sort of information along with the passport number on an public forum is extremely naive. Ever heard of Identity theft? rolleyes.gif
Yeah, we have seen now, so get rid of the images...

For a brand new pc the internals are filthy and hardly display good workmanship.
Yeah, thats what I thought - but that was because the pics were so big I did not see the explanation.

good point!!, pictures of passport gone, the pictures of the inside was the system im currently upgrading, i can take some pics of all my other components & NEW systems inside tomorrow if you would like to see them,

So anyone actually trust me yet or have i been on a losing battle?

Regarding nochex, i think you can pay a small fee to be fully covered but i think you get more protection from a normal bank than nochex, paypal etc as if you didn;t recieve the system from me you can ring your bank & tell them it was fraud & the bank would reverse the payment back to you,

hello all!

I am Davey-G's friend but i have stuck with paul and am awaiting my tracking code.

Aknowledging that there have been a few point that have made me anxious, I have been reassured again and again and feel confident enough to go through with the transaction and will post pics of my system when it arrives and will happily answer any other questions.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back