Pc Spec. Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking forward to you getting the system m8 so you can tell others! :p

im well interested! il get the money and whatknot in ugust as said before(keep in mind to save the best case for me) :p

well im pretty convinced now, and would take on the tranaction witout seeing anyone else do it, il get the money soon, and i cant recall if you take paypal? or what other ways are there? cuase im not going to send a cheque, they take too long!!! only if needed i will send a check but i dont like em...

if by any chance do you do cases which you can see the inards from when its all together, if so is it any extra fee?

-thanks

well im certainly more happy some people are starting to trust me, you have to admit that i put in a lot of effort to try & show everyone on the forums that im ok etc even when i thought EVERONE had cancelled,

Saint Dragon, Regarding case design, i have many different choices that i will list on a seperate part of my website just for you!, i will post the link later today so you can have a view of them, i do have loads of cases with windows to see the insides,

Heres a couple:

R0065294-11.jpg

R0065294-24.jpg

P0076429_C0000023_P0000000.jpg

R0056707-01.jpg

Like the alien cases????, how nice are they?

Vimacs posted on Aug 30 2005 at 08:09 AM said:
you better are :)

If you are, do you plan selling hw parts?

????, Yes i will be selling FULL components, These will be on my new online shopping (you can view the old section which already has parts listed) but still needs to be worked out as they will be many prices changing daily & i know its going to be a pain to keep it updated, any ideas????,

Also i have updated my website with a section with the new case designs on it & i have also placed a link on there for these forums!!! a bit more advertising for GP32!

my site with the new case design pics is:
http://members.aol.com/cccomputing

Again if any of the contents of this post are noe allowed let me know & i'll get rid of it but the link is only so people can see the case designs etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't beleive how this thread has gone!!

But I say again, be very wary of buying something expensive with no landline number!!! If you set up an online shop, then get a number. Not a mobile!

When they go wrong, what use a guarantee from a payas you go mobile????

i usually deal via email as it seems the best way going by past experiance as many people prefer dealing via email, when i first started selling computers online i had a poll on my site with 55 votes, 48 of them voted for email, i ill try & get a landline number for my pc side of things to ensure people are not wary etc,

i know, it was basically when i first started a website selling systems i wanted peoples thoughts so thought i would use a voting system kind of thing, worked well & people liked it getting them involved on things,

I opted for email only as it seems a good way forward as many places do this now, i will look into getting a proper landline number for customer services etc,

Just outta curiosity why are you selling these computers for what appears to be less than cost price

I believe this is where all of the mistrust has come from

if you really are not a scammer and are selling these for some weird reason at a ridiculously cheap price, consider boosting your prices. People will be more inclined to buy something that seems realitic

EG. If someone offered me a 20gb mp3 player for £50, I would most likely decline. because it seems just too good to be true. And it usually is

thats a good point but being able to offer systems cheap means i can undercut most other places with ease, if i put the price up people would go elsewhere!

NO, boost prices when/if i get mine!!!!!!!!!!! :p (or atleast just keep the price for me cause im cheap :()

yeh, the cases are real nice dude!!! i like the one which on your site is cc02, i want to know, are they official alian cases? and the silver part, it is it cheap plastic or or metal or what???

-thanks

the alien cases are not the proper ALIEN make as you can't buy them, these are made by A-Open & are superb, the silver is plastic but you would only know by touching it, the finish is superb, they do a metal one but is around £30 more & is very heavy (i.e for delivery costs etc)

kk kool, but i thinking would the plastic ones come at any higher cost, also are there lights and stuff so it looks more nerdy, prefable blue, also wirelss mouse and key board? last but not least to you have a near amount how much it costs for next day delivery?

bargainbassments posted on Aug 30 2005 at 04:33 PM said:
thats a good point but being able to offer systems cheap means i can undercut most other places with ease, if i put the price up people would go elsewhere!

ok, clearly you'e thinking lower = better

but, no offense, you're being niave

Especially in the world of the internet where people are more weary of purchasing things because they cannot physically see them, people are less likely to take chances

youre prices are too low, increase them by £100 odd quid and u will either get more or roughly the same amount of purchases (but you will get an extra £100 per unit)

I assume you are using cost plus pricing (totalling the cost and adding a enough profit to satisfy you) and, although its good, it does not take advantage of consumer physchology, which when buying on the internet plays a big part.

because PCs can vary greatly in quality, by seeing the low price people could assume you are not using quality parts

take TINY/TIME for example, they're prices were dirt cheap (£500 for a massive plasma TV) but they went bust because nobody bought them because they were suspiciously cheap, and also bad quality (because of the budget price)

such companies as these have made people think about spending more money and getting a product that will last

any way, just a suggestion

and also, please answer this "how do you make them so cheap?" surely you must be making a loss

EDIT: on ebuyer the AMD 4000+ san diego chip is £257 and the geforce 6800 ultra is £281

you were selling these in a computer for £440 +p&p

I don't know much about computers, but thats a loss on just 2 components

also, the software on the computer comes in at over £440 so something fishy IS going on

i don't mind raising the prices at all if i think i would get more sales, i can try it & if it works hen great if not i can go back to how it is now,

To be fair this is the first problem with people doubting me ever........& i did eventually prove myself but wouldn't want a repeat performance if im honest & this may be better by raising the prices,

The reason i can do the systems so cheap is because i buy them cheap, i have to order in bulk to be able to sell cheap, most systems i earn around £30 per system on which isn't a lot but soon adds up as im sure you know, 5 systems @ £30 each is £150, i buy some parts from ebuyer at trade cost which is a lot lot lower than you see when you visit their website, i also buy a lot of components from the US & Japan & is why a lot of my makes are JAP & US (E.G - LG/NEC/Pioneer/Winfast/AMD/SONY), All parts are OEM which is not boxed etc, It all cuts costs by a HUGE amount, B)

but how do you know its youre first problem

this is the only problem from people who were previously willing to buy

u might be missing a lot of sales from people that emmidietly dismiss your auctions

Only £30 profit for a large purchase like a pc. That's a bit low. The whole point of selling pc's I would think is for the bigger profits.
How long does it take for you to put each machine together including time it takes to order parts, send them off. Divide £30 by the number of hours and that's how much you think your time is worth.

For that kind of profit you'd be better off buying wholesale stock of cheaper items (clothes, toys etc..) and selling them instead. Things that would be quick to pack, list, send off etc...

Hmm, maybe you could sell some individual parts, too. I would love to buy an Athlon 4000 at the kind of price you're getting them for (plus a little profit) and you wouldn't have to build anything.

Rico posted on Aug 30 2005 at 08:14 PM said:
Hmm, maybe you could sell some individual parts, too. I would love to buy an Athlon 4000 at the kind of price you're getting them for (plus a little profit) and you wouldn't have to build anything.

Not to mention having to support them. Thats where most of your time will end up going if your buliding a person a pc they will expect you to support it. It may be nothing wrong with the hardware but should windows go wrong or they download a virus etc etc.. they'll be on the phone to you cause to them its the pc thats ...

and put it this way 99% of pc users are pretty clueless when it comes to maintinaing pc's cause a lot of us who know our shit tend to build our own cause we're sad and enjoy tinkering and the like :p

Its bad enough firnds and family phone me up with there poc problems every now an then but that 30 quid profit won't seem so great when your spending every hour of your free time trying to explain to Joe/Jemima Bloggs why downloading the free cute purple monkey screensaver spyware off the internet has caused his/her pc to grind to hault and eaten thier internet connection. Unless your charging by the hour... in which case its not so bad :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back