Final Pc Decison Help!!!!1111!!!oneone&#33

saintdragon

Website
Visit site
hey yo people!

well i will have some m,oney/enough to get this computer, thx allot for the links davey g which you posted in an another thread, well i done my homework ;) and i found this beauty(well i think it is) it has PCI express shiznits :D socket 939 mother board and other good stuff such as 2 gig ram... tell me what you guys think!!!

pc

well... a beauty or or is it a beauty?

tell me your opinions please...

<3 saintdragon :p

Hanz™ posted on Sep 12 2005 at 11:41 PM said:
It's nice. The only thing that isn't really up to scratch is the Graphics card.

whats wrong with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
saintdragon posted on Sep 12 2005 at 10:47 PM said:
Hanz™ posted on Sep 12 2005 at 11:41 PM said:
It's nice. The only thing that isn't really up to scratch is the Graphics card.

whats wrong with it?

It sucks :p

Forget playing the latest games with all the candy on with that. My 3 year old gfx card out performs it ;)

On the other side of the coin you could always replace it at a later date.

The 6200 is a low-end card. I don't think you need more than 1gb ram. If you check through the other PCs the seller sells you'll either find a cheaper one with 1gb ram or one for a similar price with 1gb ram and a better graphics card. I think you should be aiming for a 6600GT.

davey g posted on Sep 12 2005 at 11:53 PM said:
The 6200 is a low-end card. I don't think you need more than 1gb ram. If you check through the other PCs the seller sells you'll either find a cheaper one with 1gb ram or one for a similar price with 1gb ram and a better graphics card. I think you should be aiming for a 6600GT.

or a 6800gt right? hmmm, well the fear sp(single player) game needs a good 2 gigs of ram to play :'( well im not good at finding pc's as theres always somehting that catches me out :( dam my crap computing knoledge!

well if there is a 1gig one with better graphics card then il look it up, but i want a mother board so that its upgradable to like 4 gigs of ram, i dont want to buy another pc just so i can play the unreal 3 engine :(

well thanks allot for the help guys!

davey g posted on Sep 13 2005 at 12:01 AM said:
Well you won't get a PC with a 6800GT around that price.

yeh, i kinda was thinking that, but would i be able to get basicly all the specs the same but the ram 1 gig and the graphics card 6600gt?

EDIT*well i found this one:"pc2"

it says top of the range graphics card!?!?! well amd are better then P4 for gamming though...

a normal 6200 is ok, it can even be unlocked to 6600, but the turno cache version just plain sucks and cant be unlocked.

Everything but the graphics card looks excellent. I don't know a whole lot about graphics cards, but I think you would probably want to upgrade that (if possible) in the future if you plan on playing newer games.

I have a computer with the following specs and it plays half-life 2 at medium-high and far cry at medium-high (although there is some slowdown at times on farcry):
Dell Demension 2400 (upgraded, of course)
Processor: 2.7 Ghz Celeron
Ram: 1GB pc2700
hard drive: 120GB
Graphics Card: BFG nvidia Geforce 5500 256MB Overclocked

I guess I'm just cheaper than I am picky when it comes to this stuff.

davey g posted on Sep 12 2005 at 11:01 PM said:
Well you won't get a PC with a 6800GT around that price.
I got a PC with 6800GT for around £650 a year ago, so he should be able to now. I just bought all my stuff from ebuyer.

its well annoying that i cant find a good pc :(... well i have to keep looking i guess...

also @ deadlychicken, i will say this, dont play games on a dell, it is not good for gaming, and the performance is not as good as aother ones, i think dell is more for multi tasking and such. iv been advised by some computer fanatics(so called) to never get a dell if i want to game...

EDIT* so any comments on the second computer i had posted?

Why not build your own?

As Rico says it can be cheap. Just buy everything from ebuyer and put it together. Its not exactly hard and there are plenty of tutorials etc on the internet to help you out.

for example-
goodcomp1tx.jpg

Thats with a good mobo, great processor, good memory, 160gb hd, keyboard, mouse, case etc included. And a 6800gt. You could compromise on the processor/ mobo to reduce price too. A 3000+ processor may be enough for you which would cut £50+ from the price.

you'd obviously have to get a DVD writer/ floppy drive, sound card etc too but these items depend on your needs, what you can salvage from your current comp if anything and are relatively inexpensive.

lolol, i was looking at making my own one on ebuyer and you post this... im checking it out, but it always seems to go over my budget of £540 tops :(

i made a nice set up which had good specs but costed £548 + no ram...

oh yes, one thing, what are better for games? radeon cards or nvidia?

EDIT* crap forget that sorry! i just remebered something, anyway, well i might aswell add that is there much difference between 6600gt-6800gt apart from the price, i want to know how much they differ in poformance...

saintdragon posted on Sep 13 2005 at 07:31 PM said:
oh yes, one thing, what are better for games? radeon cards or nvidia?

EDIT* crap forget that sorry! i just remebered something, anyway, well i might aswell add that is there much difference between 6600gt-6800gt apart from the price, i want to know how much they differ in poformance...
You will not be able to afford a 6800GT for £540, as you need to leave money for everything else.

Get:
6600GT
Athlon 64 3200 skt939
A Skt939 Motherboard.
2x512 Corsair RAM
SATA150 Hard Drive 160GB
A Case + PSU.

Do you need a mouse, keyboard and LCD screen??!

thanks, this is what i have come up with, its over budget because of the 6800gt and im not sure if everything is even compatible :blink:

i will get mouse+key board after in a shop, and screen comes much later now that i made a bigger budget for the pc, but as long as i get a new pc il be always happy :)

saintdragon posted on Sep 13 2005 at 04:43 PM said:
its well annoying that i cant find a good pc :(... well i have to keep looking i guess...

also @ deadlychicken, i will say this, dont play games on a dell, it is not good for gaming, and the performance is not as good as aother ones, i think dell is more for multi tasking and such. iv been advised by some computer fanatics(so called) to never get a dell if i want to game...

EDIT* so any comments on the second computer i had posted?

I know that dells aren't good for gaming, but my dad bought it, so I couldn't really complain that much. I just upgraded it so that it was at least functional.

Back