Paypal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squidge said:
After than Hardcore gamer will be the regular Spanish distributor and supporter of the Pandora, including the initial preorders (supported via us of course).
Which seems to be both confusing ('than' = typo for then?), and throws the entire things into contradiction. How can you order via craigix to pay for all the development costs, but also pay via a distributor? Maybe he means you have to pay Craigix directly, but the distributor will then get a large batch to send out to the people buying one, instead of exporting them all from the UK? In which case, who pays for each part of the delivery?

:huh: :blink:

I understood that to mean that the first batch/any that had been preordered would be paid for through and sent from Craigix directly, and any remaining units/other batches would be sent to distributors to be ordered through them.
It is somewhat confusing, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir" Nobax said:
Sure we could wait until 30 September, but constantly waiting for the unknown to happen isn't comforting the purchase to say the least.
I think you will have this feeling for a loooong long time, probably until Christmas ;)

CronoTriggerfan said:
And tomorrow the stock market could crash, too. Or your bank account could get frozen. Or a credit card transaction may be faulty. Or the world could end. I'm sure if Craig gets a hold of them beforehand like he's planning, these doomsday scenarios everyone's throwing around aren't going to occur;
Because? It's funny you accuse others of hand waving and then do it yourself. They are not a bank, they can and do most of what they please with other's people money, short of keeping it forever.

not like they were likely in the first place. There are MILLIONS of people who make a LIVING on eBay stores, people here are blowing the "satanic" PayPal phenomena completely out of proportion.

Millions? Hardly. There's also quite a few who have been bitten hard enough to create websites about it and try to warn people to have as little money on their paypal accounts as possible. It doesn't just happen by accident, it's by design, and you're left without access to the money for ages.

I can't just drop everything I'm doing and whip myself up a bank account.

Then don't. We'll be fine either way. I'm sure the Pandora will too.

MDave said:
No, no paypal for the first 3000 at least.

Where was this confirmed? :huh:

And Perky_Goth, you don't even warrant a response. :lol:

Look, at this point, I'm just getting really irked. If PayPal is going to be accepted, fine, but if not, just freaking tell me already so I can work out alternative methods of payment. If I find out how this is all going to happen on the 28th or 29th, many won't exactly have time to get other options lined up.

CronoTriggerfan said:
MDave said:
No, no paypal for the first 3000 at least.

Where was this confirmed? :huh:

And Perky_Goth, you don't even warrant a response. :lol:

Look, at this point, I'm just getting really irked. If PayPal is going to be accepted, fine, but if not, just freaking tell me already so I can work out alternative methods of payment. If I find out how this is all going to happen on the 28th or 29th, many won't exactly have time to get other options lined up.
This thread pretty much confirms it if you do a little 1 + 1 with the info we have. First 3000 will be distributed only through gbax.com + they don't accept paypal as an option on their site (because of the reasons me and the pandora team have said). See?

They can do paypal off-site like craig mentions in this very thread, but if they get too many people requesting to pay him then paypal freezes accounts and thats *very* bad for businsess, m'kay?

Give creditcard users the benifit of pre-ordering sooner (30 september) and paypal users can only start pre-ordering october 1st (or even later).
Most people will choose the creditcard option and a small percentage of customers will choose paypal. And when a big percentage of people do choose paypal and wait for that option, you will know paypal is very important to have on your site to attract customers.

Just an idea.

PayPal isn't a problem, even if they don't take it! Use Secure Cards via the PayPal plugin!

There are NO fees for using Secure Cards, and so consumers don't have extra costs, and GBAX.com and other developers don't have to worry about the extra fees for taking PayPal, or have to worry about any problems with getting loads of cash put into a PayPal account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...lPlugin-outside

quadomatic said:
PayPal isn't a problem, even if they don't take it! Use Secure Cards via the PayPal plugin!

There are NO fees for using Secure Cards, and so consumers don't have extra costs, and GBAX.com and other developers don't have to worry about the extra fees for taking PayPal, or have to worry about any problems with getting loads of cash put into a PayPal account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...lPlugin-outside

Not available in Europe as far as I can see.

GunPei2X said:
Paypal Debit Card: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...c_intro-outside

Would that work? It says it can be used anywhere that takes Mastercard.

It takes more than 2 weeks to get one.

Hey Chrono if your parents are up for it you might be able to link your PayPal accout to their bank account and transfer money both ways. This would require trust of course. It's a pretty quick process too and should eliminate any problems you might have preordering a Pandora. (you could transfer your funds to their bank account and have them hook you up with their bank debit card etc.)

Another option is getting a kind soul on this board that you trust to do the order on your behalf and you Paypal them the cash (plus enough to cover the fees).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back