Paypal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orkie said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
many won't exactly have time to get other options lined up.
Poor them.

You know, for someone with such an esteemed place in this community, you really are quite the troll. :rolleyes: You couldn't have made a more intellectually-charged post? I'm all for a heated debate about this kinda stuff, but that's just beyond argumentative reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a related subject, I've got all my money tied up in magical beans. I've just been assuming all along that magical beans could be used to buy a Pandora, but now this thread has made me wonder.

Let me just ask point-blank : Can I use magical beans to pre-order a Pandora?

If you guys are going to wait this long to tell us whether or not magical beans are an acceptable mode of payment, then a lot of us aren't going to be able to convert our money into actual money before the 30th! Why aren't you people trying harder to solve the problems of people who traded all their money for magical beans?

If someone doesn't sort out this magical bean issue before the pre-order date, I may just have to not place a pre-order. That'll teach you all a lesson.

Craig is still looking into it i presume, as i he has not said anything otherwise yet.

If you are that concerned, just give him or one of the girls in the gbax office a call and that should put your mind at rest.

CronoTriggerfan said:
Orkie said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
many won't exactly have time to get other options lined up.
Poor them.

You know, for someone with such an esteemed place in this community, you really are quite the troll. :rolleyes: You couldn't have made a more intellectually-charged post? I'm all for a heated debate about this kinda stuff, but that's just beyond argumentative reason.

Kinda agree tbh, This topic has been pushed to the limit when people already know the answer. And it's not something you can complain about either, it's silly - just find another method.

guys, if i can't pay with food stamps i won't be able to order....i've been watching this project for months and been saving my welfare foodstamps.....noone ever said we couldn't use foodstamps.....i'm going to be pissed if i can't order....i have been eating nothing but ramen noodles for 3 months waiting for this and now i hear they won't be taking food stamps from virginia...

Wonslung said:
guys, if i can't pay with food stamps i won't be able to order....i've been watching this project for months and been saving my welfare foodstamps.....noone ever said we couldn't use foodstamps.....i'm going to be pissed if i can't order....i have been eating nothing but ramen noodles for 3 months waiting for this and now i hear they won't be taking food stamps from virginia...
:lol:

CronoTriggerfan said:
I'm dead serious when I ask, where did anyone say "No."? No one, as far as I've seen, unless I'm missing something monumental...
So... That's your plan, then? You're going to hang onto that thin sliver of hope until the very end?

If you don't mind me asking, how does the rest of your plan go? When everyone else who keeps their money in banks like grownups (and me with my sack of magic beans) is busy pre-ordering a Pandora, what will you be doing?

Sounds bad, but to tell you the truth, I really don't give a crap about this overly-opinionated flood of (ugh, I hate this term) noobs we're getting right now. :rolleyes: You all have no interest vested in the community, no stake in the product up to this point, and now you can list off bullet-pointed facts as if you're developers of the Pandora yourself? If you've posted all of ten times or signed up a day ago, how much do you honestly know about a given situation here, really?

CronoTriggerfan said:
Sounds bad, but to tell you the truth, I really don't give a crap about this overly-opinionated flood of (ugh, I hate this term) noobs we're getting right now.
Agreed. I have asked several times for a blanket ban on all people registered in 2008.

Orkie said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Sounds bad, but to tell you the truth, I really don't give a crap about this overly-opinionated flood of (ugh, I hate this term) noobs we're getting right now.
Agreed. I have asked several times for a blanket ban on all people registered in 2008.

Would have saved quite a few threads, especially this one ;-)

D.

I just wanted to add my two cents and vote against paypal. I don't see why it's necessary, and I really don't think that they are a good company. It is near impossible to get someone on the phone, and getting an e-mail from a human is also quite difficult (eBay is the same way). I had a bad experience with someone trying to defraud me using a hijacked eBay account, and neither eBay or PayPal would talk to me.

Also, there are way too many loopholes in PayPal. Basically somebody can give you money, you send them something, and they can dispute it, and get their money back, or at the least tie up your funds for months while it gets sorted out. That in conjunction with their unwillingness to talk to their customers, makes me not want to do any sort of business with them.

I hate to say "I told you so"...

so a firm shove it will have to do instead. :D

EDIT: This is NOT meant to insult, it's just poking fun at all the naysayers out there. Again, this isn't meant to offend, as I know some people here might take it a bit too personally... ;)

I have got the impression not everybody noticed this post of Craig in another thread.

craigix said:
Yes we will take paypal, well gbax will.

That's it.

As chip said, ordering is a pretty simple process of just entering your credit card number and address.
Quite good news imo. I think he got enough confidence in paypal after he contacted them.

[edit] hmm... who else then CronoTriggerfan to beat me posting this ;)

CronoTriggerfan said:
Sounds bad, but to tell you the truth, I really don't give a crap about this overly-opinionated flood of (ugh, I hate this term) noobs we're getting right now. :rolleyes: You all have no interest vested in the community, no stake in the product up to this point, and now you can list off bullet-pointed facts as if you're developers of the Pandora yourself? If you've posted all of ten times or signed up a day ago, how much do you honestly know about a given situation here, really?
Please ... conceited much?

Whenever someone points out the reasons or try to help, you change to this argument where anyone who's registered recently has no place to talk. Way to go to put off potential developers for the Pandora if the majority of users are going to be people like you. We even try to HELP you but you shrug it off or ignore it completely.

Since the original question has been officially answered, I'm closing this thread before it gets any worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back