Payback Playable Demo Released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
11 Cities, 50 missions, a full voice track, new 3D models, real time lighting effects
It's taken almost 11 months but finally the full game and demo are here, an exclusive & updated version Payback has arrived on the GP2X.

The Amiga, Nintendo and Apple Mac smash hit Payback has crashed onto the GP2X with some serious flames.

paybacks1.jpg

Updated for the GP2X with all new graphics, sound, special effects and music creating an awesome next gen handheld game which will quite literally blow you away - with a shotgun, a rocket launcher or even a tank.

It's time for Payback.

Download: Payback Demo

(Note: As the server is located in Germany and the game is pretty bloody, you need to be registered at the archive to download it. Or you can download it from gp2x.co.uk here :))

Downloading now ... hope I have at least a few minutes' worth of battery life left :)

just one quick question. will the gp2x full version support new maps. I saw extra maps for other versions of payback on the apex designs site and I always love when games let you download custom or extra content for it.

downloading the demo now really excited to play it.

Downloading now! What a way to start my weekend! :)

For $30 I might just buy this, the only question being how much shipping would be all the way to North America...

- Alex

craigix posted on Oct 20 2006 at 09:13 PM said:
Going to try to find the cheapest shipping option for the usa.
Canada too!

- Alex

Edit: I guess you could easily sneak an SD card in a regular letter envelope, and declare 5 cents or so at customs, that's how good business works right? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I see it uses the MMU hack, sweet :) Well, I'm off to take it for a spin, I'll be back tomorrow!

- Alex

Holy shit™!!!

This will be a must-buy when the full version is out. I'm super impressed!!

This is amazing. Feels much more graphical then anything I've seen on a DS.

Game is fun and smooth.

I notice a volume issue, where it's hard to hear what they are saying because of the music, and the text does not keep up with the voice.

A nice feature is that the LCD turns itself off after inactivity.

Found a bug, and I have 3 comments already lol.

Bug (probably already known): You can get stuck between a car/bus and a solid wall. I got thrown up in the air because of it (probably your solution), very strange.

Comment one: HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

Comment two: Max volume too low. Want louder, and I think I can't change volume? XD

Comment three: It turns off the LCD if you pause it and leave it there lol

Well I sold my GP2x awhile ago and ended up buying a 360 and am very happy with it (but I have to get it repaired). But this makes me want to come all the way back running to the scene.

I don't mean to brag but I told JRD about the console way in the early days and said a port would probably be well accepted in the community and the processor was very close to the GBA's (expect like a bazilion times better ;) ). And long behold we have a full port now that seems extra kicking.

If anyone has a GP2X that want to give me feel free to do so :D, no really I won't mind, it is no problem for me.

Hope you all have fun with the game.

Wicked game fellas.. knocking off the KKK in the park was especially fun.

As already said, it would be better to have the music go quieter when theres speech from the phones otherwise its a bit hard to hear it.

I think I'll be ordering this on Monday.

teh hotness. I will definitly be buying this game when I have some extra cash. good stuff craig.

I have a question about the music:

Some rap song "cant break me", I think "shackles of life" was a line in it or something? What song is that?? I like it lol

A+ game, really enjoyable

Back