Payback - Initial Thoughts

I ordered it a couple days ago, how long should it take to ship to US (it said 4-12 days but i wasn't sure how accurate that was) and how many levels are there?

I love this game

namco posted on Dec 13 2006 at 02:23 AM said:
It would indeed have been handy if you had reported these bugs you found in the demo in the thread which was made for that reason when the demo was released.

To be honest I've only just played the demo after the game was released, I hadn't known about the playable version (since I'm not on here regularily) and had only known about the rolling demos, either way I'm still impressed and I'm getting it anyway :)
I also downloaded the playable demo only recently, after the full game was released. I guess if we find bugs in the demo now, we shouldn't report them, because it's been out for so long and we hadn't bothered downloading it sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got payback yesterday, and im quite pleased with it, it plays just like the demo and i havent noticed any real issues, since i have been playing these types of games since elementary school so i had no problems picking it up an playing it. i love the fact that you dont have to do missions to advance to the next level, since blowing stuff up wit ha tank is alot more fun! but so far the missions are actually fun, and not repeditive (from the ones ive done) i havent noticed any glitches either, no getting stuck or anything, i also found looking/driving for hidden things entertaining, as well as causing mass destruction! it looks and plays great and im overall pleased with the game! nice job Apex, great game!

(btw just got to the 3rd level adn WOW its awsome! snow, ice water, bazookas! and some wierd race course thing sweet :D )

Agree with you there Goemon. Just got to the third level myself, loving the slip-slidey ice and snow effects. Also had a mess around in rampage mode which is good for a quick blast...some really fun level design too.

Not really noticed any bugs/glitches so far, although the lack of mid-level save is a potential concern. I'm already mindful of this when the battery levels are low.

Anyway, otherwise I'm really enjoying this. Can't see it leaving my GP2X for a long time.

the tank is fun :)
as is throwing nades from the parkdeck. but i was really amazed that one of the cops made it up there after 15minutes and caught me :)

and i second the need for mid-level save!

other than that it looks great and plays great. the AI cars are a bit weird at times, but nice. what i miss is that the original cars owner doesnt try to fight you and doesnt try to get back into the car (if i remember correctly, GTA had this), but its just a sidenote.

Back