Payback Release

That rolling demo is more of a technology preview. It probably didnt have much playability at the time it was released. It did say on the announcement that they havnt optimised it for using the 2nd chip as well. I would imagine a proper playable demo could/will be made.

Just wish there was more news on Apex's website like there was when the GBA version was being developed.

I didn't realise that NAND was slower, I just assumed it would be quicker as it is built in. I still havnt found out what NAND is yet.

semyaza posted on Jul 6 2006 at 01:30 AM said:
I didn't realise that NAND was slower, I just assumed it would be quicker as it is built in. I still havnt found out what NAND is yet.

A static section of memory similar to flash by millions of nanoscopic (think that's the word) "NAND gates", or "Not AND gates" as memory registers, using the transistor-transistor logic system. At least from what I recall from college.

Last edited by a moderator:
bacteria posted on Jul 6 2006 at 09:07 AM said:
Are you saying that buyers of the MK2 version of the GP2x get this pre-installed onto NAND? I presume there is an easy way to remove it therefore...

It's hardly 'installed' as such. Just delete off the NAND memory

ste_167 posted on Jul 6 2006 at 08:52 AM said:
bacteria posted on Jul 6 2006 at 09:07 AM said:
Are you saying that buyers of the MK2 version of the GP2x get this pre-installed onto NAND? I presume there is an easy way to remove it therefore...

It's hardly 'installed' as such. Just delete off the NAND memory
6.gif

Back