Release Panplayer Beta 5 - Uploaded to Repo

Your cflags are a mess, there is no option -O4, it just defaults to -O3. And even then such high optimization is not good, -O3 breaks lots of applications, especially huge ones like libav and it can actually give runtime performance loss instead of increase. -O2 is generally the most stable option, but if the compile system library has gives preferred CFLAGS, or upstream recommends something you should use them with the mfpu options of course.

Tried the new version this morning but quite a few videos that used to work now dont, so went back to old version.

Got black screen and unresponsive, and had to kill it with Pandora key held down and then kill process.
What filetypes and what codecs were those files? I know that it has problems playing back ogv and rmvb videos, due to some issues with how it handles the demuxers.

Your cflags are a mess, there is no option -O4, it just defaults to -O3. And even then such high optimization is not good, -O3 breaks lots of applications, especially huge ones like libav and it can actually give runtime performance loss instead of increase. -O2 is generally the most stable option, but if the compile system library has gives preferred CFLAGS, or upstream recommends something you should use them with the mfpu options of course.
Actually those CFLAGS are what mplayer will default to if you don't have any cflags set, I just set what it normally would set, plus a few arm specific cflags.

Edit: Hmm, just checked, and it looks like it's different than it used to be, I stand corrected, other times when I could compile mplayer that's what it would be compiling with, I guess a case of outdated knowledge. My sdk normally compiles with -Os, those cflags were what I used to compile the previous version. It will be fixed in future versions, based off what it normally picks, plus those few other arm ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having problems watching .mpg files. They used to work really well with the old version
Sigh, guess my testing of files was incomplete, maybe another borked demuxer, I'll look into it. :)

First video I tried was a flv I think, could have been a mp4. Later I tried avi(divx) and just got a black screen but with sound. I think I had to reboot to get anything to play after that.

Okay, if anyone is having problems, could you try this file? See if it helps any with files that won't play or anything like that, it's a build using mplayer rather than mplayer2, which has better support for some types of files/containers like rmvb and ogv, and maybe others. Let me know if there are any issues with it, since I might use this one rather than mplayer2 for future versions, as I was just having all sorts of problems with mplayer2, but the latest mplayer was having some really bad avsync issues, which is why I went with that broken build, but this one doesn't seem to express those problems, at least, not as much. So let me know how it works compared to the older version. :)

panplayer.pnd

Attachments

• panplayer.pnd
    6.9 MB · Views: 169
what exactly does - (Fn and Y on keyboard) do in new panplayer, and how can i get my video back to show without having to delete the appdata?

pressing it the first time made the whole screen go green, audio still playing. after that, any time i start panplayer, i cant get the video window to show until i deleted appdata

what exactly does - (Fn and Y on keyboard) do in new panplayer, and how can i get my video back to show without having to delete the appdata?

pressing it the first time made the whole screen go green, audio still playing. after that, any time i start panplayer, i cant get the video window to show until i deleted appdata
I'm not really too sure what it is supposed to do, all I can really say is not to press it, and I can't say for sure why it stops working until you delete appdata. Sorry.

Can you add a auto play next file please ? :) Thanks Bud

I downloaded the latest pnd, and tried it out last night. It seems generally very smooth but I'm seeing an odd glitch where there's visible banding on the screen, most commonly if there's a single colored area of video. It's always equally spaced, it's like a single line of pixels is overlapping regularly, but the picture doesn't seem otherwise distorted. I minimized the video to a window to see if it was an issue of the software scaling to full screen, but it happens there too. Any ideas?

(null)

I downloaded the latest pnd, and tried it out last night. It seems generally very smooth but I'm seeing an odd glitch where there's visible banding on the screen, most commonly if there's a single colored area of video. It's always equally spaced, it's like a single line of pixels is overlapping regularly, but the picture doesn't seem otherwise distorted. I minimized the video to a window to see if it was an issue of the software scaling to full screen, but it happens there too. Any ideas?

(null)
Looks like those are related to using omapfb with mplayer, it seems to affect mostly xvid encoded files, not sure though. Also with the new mplayer, there again is the problem with too many buffered pts with some files, and using -nocorrect-pts causes problems with playback speed with some files, just can't have everything I guess.

I tried the new pnd and had the same problems.

Must be just me since everyone else doesnt seem to having issues. Im on zaxxon 7 alpha 2 for what its worth...

I tried the new pnd and had the same problems.

Must be just me since everyone else doesnt seem to having issues. Im on zaxxon 7 alpha 2 for what its worth...
i have an issue with an xvid coded video - it plays sound but no picture

Probably what would help more than anything is links to sample files that exhibit the problems being described, as I have a limited selection of files, and can't test it against every possible file, it helps with debugging and ensuring that I can reproduce the problem and begin looking for a fix. :)

Probably what would help more than anything is links to sample files that exhibit the problems being described, as I have a limited selection of files, and can't test it against every possible file, it helps with debugging and ensuring that I can reproduce the problem and begin looking for a fix. :)

hi here is 15Mb video file that was converted from flv to xvid avi, it played fine on panplayer beta4

http://www.mediafire.com/?wkzb4xxbuseb04r

cheers

(null)
Looks like those are related to using omapfb with mplayer, it seems to affect mostly xvid encoded files, not sure though. Also with the new mplayer, there again is the problem with too many buffered pts with some files, and using -nocorrect-pts causes problems with playback speed with some files, just can't have everything I guess.

I was seeing this too and was able to fix this issue by using using color space conversion code from another project.

See this post

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/6231-improved-sdl-for-pandora/page__view__findpost__p__111435

You might want to consider including that patch- I haven't noticed any problems with it.

Back