PanMAME Betatesting

Seems like the last update made playable Metamorphic Force :D That's sooo good !!
No, it was playable from the very first version (0.97). Great game indeed, one of my favourites on Panmame.
After the first level it was playable, but in very slow-motion, but now it works perfectly
Really? It always worked fine for me (in 0.97).
I don't know what version I was using before, my last update was from months ago... I also googled a bit at the time and found that the game was indeed suffering slowdowns, so I left the game in the Panmame list, just to remember to try it at every update :D

Chaps, could anyone tell me how to bring up the config screen in Panmame so I can map the 2 nubs please, FN+Tab doesn't appear to work?

Ah, space bar!!

:)

Uhm, when I remap the keys it works great but when I exit the game and go back in, it forgets them and I have to re-map them, anything I'm missing please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mcobit,

congratulations on an amazing emulator on the Pandora. Runs amazingly at last I can play that pesky "In the hunt" with a joypad :)

Really quick question I pressed TAB to change the layout how do you get back to the layout with a screenshot.

I only got my Pandora on Monday so thinks are a little new.

Thanks again

PT

I pressed TAB to change the layout how do you get back to the layout with a screenshot.
Just keep pressing Tab (Fn+Space) to cycle through all the layout types, it'll come back to the original display layout again.

Sorted many thanks.

I booted up Radiant Silver gun at 1.1Ghz probably not playable but pretty amazing.

Cheers

PT

pls help

i open the cheat in game menu

but the emu can't find cheat file

Who succeeded?

There was talk about cheating before. Please scan the thread. I think somebody succeeded by putting a cheatfile somewhere in appdata but I'm not sure.

Hi,

Is it posible to disable vertical stretching? For example, in Golden Axe I'd like the game to be in 2x2 (640x448 with black bars on top and bottom). I tried messing around with advmame.rc, but found nothing. I think SDL driver just stretches vertically to the maximum area regardless of MAME settings.

Yeah, I think vertically stretching is always on as to preserve an aspect ratio you only need to scale horizontally.

I have virtually no free time atm so I cannot promise you to have a look at implementing that :(

But of course sources are open and available.

What is the command line for launching a rom with PanMAME?

(My application: How can I set PanMAME as a program for launching arcade roms within the launcher Pandafe?)

Will this work with my below setup?

My folder scheme for arcade ROMs: ROMs with long names and whitespace in camel cased genre folders

/media/sdCardName/pandora/roms/arcade/
 GenreAaa/
  Game One.zip
  Game Two.zip
 GenreBbb/
  Game Three.zip
  gamefour.zip
 lib/
  libfour.zip

Pandafe in general supports this folder structure in order to assign ROMs to genres.

Arcade ROMs in opposition to other console ROMs have the speciality to depend on libraries (other ROM files).

I don't know, whether the arcade emulators search for necessary shared rom libraries only in the directory of the launched rom, or also its parent and sister directories, or whether Pandafe is so smart/supportive and creates a fake flat ROM dir with links to the nested ROMS into the appdata directory, or hands over the whole ROM list as an env/argument to the launching program?

In Pandafe's platform settings, there is an option "Extra Rom Files Regex". Is this to fulfill the purpose to catch roms (in particular: shared libs) in the parent (../*.suffix) and sibling (../*/*.suffix) directories?

Should work like normal mame. It searches parentroms in it's romfolder though. That folder can be specified in the advancemamae configfile though.

Thanks for explaining the principle.

Could you please explicitly specify the command line for launching a rom with PanMAME and any necessary pre/post executions (pre: setting env variables, temporary folder and such; post like resetting nub controls, screen restore after bad exits, etc).

http://advancemame.sourceforge.net/doc-advmame.html

You should set HOME=/mnt/utmp/panmame, SDL_VIDEODRIVER=omapdss and SDL_OMAP_LAYER_SIZE=fullscreen.

Edit: Of course you need to mount the pnd first if you want to use the commandline for launching.

Edit2: And set the nubs to joystick mode before running. Example on how to do that is in the startupscript.

Found out how to manually mount a PND actually in a post by you:

mount the vlcpnd with "/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p /path/to/your/vlcpnd/vlc.pnd -m"
Btw, the command pnd_run takes far less options than /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh, only in the latter I could pass the -m arg.

Successfully mounted the PND

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -m -p /media/mysd/pandora/apps/panmame.pnd 
But all my test launches failed:

HOME=/mnt/utmp/panmame ; SDL_VIDEODRIVER=omapdss ; SDL_OMAP_LAYER_SIZE=fullscreen \
/mnt/pnd/panmame/bin/advmame /media/mysd/pandora/roms/mame/game.zip
with error:

Game "<path>" isn't supported
although if launched from the ingame menu, the very same ROM works.

I give up my hacking.

As said, I would like to use PanMAME with Pandafe (general Pandora launcher, which treats native PNDs and ROMs both as first citizens).

Already created a ticket Support for emulator "PanMAME" in Pandafe's github issues. Would be nice whether you as the author could give it a try.

Would be even cooler, if this could be achieved:

• ROM must not have that 8.3 lower case nomenclature. "Aero Fighters.zip" instead of "aerofgt.zip" — Or can the emulator identify the ROM only from the filename?
  • Support ROMs from nested folders (acting as genres categories in Pandafe), meaning that dependent ROMs are searched for in parent and sibling directories, or at least in all rom paths (path1:path2:pathN) specified in dir_rom within advmame.rc.

Try not to space the commands with ;.

Every ; will be a newline and the emu will not find it's configuration.

Try && or just a space instead and use export VAR=value.

Edit: I knew that pandafe is a great launcher but I personally never use or used it.

so sorry, but I don't know if I want to invest time in hacking advmame to adjust it to your liking as mame already has a good way of organizing roms in categoties etc. and with advmenu it has a great menu to launch them.

Not sure if it's Panmame or the new SZ 1.61 update, but when Pandora is hooked up to TV and TV-Out HW Scaler is enabled, Panmane doesn't play a single game.  I remember this wasn't a problem in SZ 1.54.  Does anyone have this issue?

Back