Pandora/wiz Softcase Prototype

Choose a number, look below

• Total voters

andrewe1

Still Fresh
NEW PROTOTYPE, PLEASE GO HERE FOR MORE INFO http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48907-pandorawiz-softcase-prototype/page__view__findpost__p__744798

P8010074.jpg

P8010076.jpg

P8010077.jpg

OPconcept.jpg

Hello,

With the summer being a little dull for me I decided to try and make a pandora and wiz prototype softcase. With the help of my brothers fiance new embroidery machine and a lot of her help
we tried to make some prototypes today and I want to share them with you.

First I would like to clear some points.

In the case that this gets enough interest from people, I would try to make a bunch of them and sell them to you guys at a very reasonable price (not trying to get rich).

So first I would like know if the pandora people and the Wiz people are okay with this, if there is any permission I should ask for and what not.

Second, I'm a lone student in university currently studying Industrial Design in Mexico. I'm not a big corporation or company and I would make this with the help of my family.
In the rare case that demand is very high, a small mass production would be possible with little investigation.

Third, the way of selling them would be through ebay, getting a bunch done and getting them out there.

Fourth, I currently own a wiz and I perfectly know how it fits in the current case. For the pandora, I built a foam model out of dimensions from wikipedia so I'm not sure if this is entirely accurate.

And last but not least, Approval from you guys. I would like you to tell me what you like and what you don't like, what colors would you want to see and how would you place the logo. What style
do you want, what type of fabric would you like to see. Tell me everything.

So please tell me what you think, I really hope you guys like them. I would love to do this not in a financial interest (though the money wouldn't hurt these days). I would love to do this for personal
reasons and for my career.

Thanks, I hope you like them, tell me your opinion.

These prototypes were made in just a day, The logos might be a little skewed and some sewing errors but these are the very first try.

The outer fabric has a little foam layer for protection, the inside layer is made with a very very soft fabric to avoid any scratches to the devices.

NEW COLOR SCHEMES/DESIGN Please Vote!!! New Colors Too!! Screwed up the orange one a little bit...was sort of last minute too hehe

Pandora1.png
P7300069.jpg

Pandora2.png
P7300074.jpg

Pandora3.png
P7300073.jpg

Pandora4-1.png
P7300072.jpg

Here are the pics:

Foam model of my pandora

P7300068.jpg

Pandora case

P7300064.jpg

Inside soft fabric...Its very soft so it won't scratch anything.

P7300065.jpg

Pandora model inside the case

P7300066.jpg

Side view

P7300067.jpg

Wiz case

P7300059.jpg

Another angle

P7300060.jpg

Wiz inside

P7300061.jpg

Same soft material to avoid any scratches

P7300063.jpg

Those are all for today.

Like I said, these are the very first try so there are some errors.

Please tell me what you would like to see, what fabric colors, types, etc.

That's all for tonight

Thanks for watching!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool! Maybe a way to close the case entirely (Velcro or something?) and a black Pandora case with the same blue logo.
I'd buy one :)

PlopperZ said:
Cool! Maybe a way to close the case entirely (Velcro or something?) and a black Pandora case with the same blue logo.
I'd buy one :)

Noted, will try new colors :)

The velcro idea came up just when we finished those 2, however it was late and couldn't try but its high up on the list ;)

Thanks!

These look nice but like previously mentioned, I would prefer if it could be closed. Maybe this could be a cheaper alternative to the other case which was optional with the Pandora. Has the official Pandora case actually been made yet cause its the one thing I never actually heard news about.

Shaun. said:
These look nice but like previously mentioned, I would prefer if it could be closed. Maybe this could be a cheaper alternative to the other case which was optional with the Pandora. Has the official Pandora case actually been made yet cause its the one thing I never actually heard news about.

Alright, closing it just got top on the list.

Ive heard nothing about an official case and I remember hearing the pandora shipping with just the AC and USB cable so thats why I went ahead an made these.

If everything goes alright and you guys like them I could be shipping them by the end of next month before I go back to school :)

Would love to get them to you guys so you have something ready to store your pandora in.

Username said:
Nerds will probably fap with this :(

That's....................something It's not intended for. God that never went through my mind.

I like the look of these. I agree that they should be sealable - I'm not a fan of velcro, but a press stud or drawstring might be cool.

Username said:
Dude!

Gruso said:
I like the look of these. I agree that they should be sealable - I'm not a fan of velcro, but a press stud or drawstring might be cool.

Username said:
Dude!

Noted :)

Remember everything is editable, If you would like another logo, another color, different position different size... Anything :)

Thanks

Gruso said:
:lol:

I've changed my mind, please use velcro.

Alright, Ill be sure to get an extra spiky extra itchy industrial grade velcro ;)

Might be worth adding an extra piece of material on the back (Reverse side to the Pandora logo) so you can loop a belt through it.

This would be ideal if you don't want to carry it in your bag, but keep it close by.

Edit: Typo

Gruso said:
Seconded. Either one of those should be better than noisy/prickly Velcro. The cloth GameBoy micro case uses a drawstring and it works great.

djmaddis said:
Might be worth adding an extra piece of material on the back (other side to the Pandora logo so you can loop a belt through it. Handy if you don't want to carry it in your bag, but keep it close by.

That's a good idea, noted :)

cloud858rk said:
Gruso said:
Seconded. Either one of those should be better than noisy/prickly Velcro. The cloth GameBoy micro case uses a drawstring and it works great.

Gonna see about that, a draw string is easy on a small device such as the micro and maybe the wiz, I think the pandora might be a little to big for that one.

Gonna check though ;)

thanks

I love what you're doing here. The wiz case is just awesome. The Pandora one, however... That shade of light blue for the case in general is not eye pleasing, nor something I'd like to be taking out in public. No offense intended at all. That's my only issue with it. The logo, however, is fantastic. Maybe change the color or offer a selection of colors?

Oh. A couple more things. I agree with the idea that it needs to be sealable. I don't know how you would do this. I down't sew, so I don't know what would be most practable. I also like the idea of being able to hook it onto your belt.

Great job you're doing here. :)

midna25 said:
I love what you're doing here. The wiz case is just awesome. The Pandora one, however... That shade of light blue for the case in general is not eye pleasing, nor something I'd like to be taking out in public. No offense intended at all. That's my only issue with it. The logo, however, is fantastic. Maybe change the color or offer a selection of colors?

Oh. A couple more things. I agree with the idea that it needs to be sealable. I don't know how you would do this. I down't sew, so I don't know what would be most practable. I also like the idea of being able to hook it onto your belt.

Great job you're doing here. :)

None taken, that's the purpose of this thread :) I picked the colors just because those were the main colors on the pandora website, please tell me what colors you would like to see though :D

Thanks!

andrewe1 said:
... please tell me what colors you would like to see though :D

I'd like to see a black case as well. The logo looks great. Awesome work.

Back