Pandora To Do Confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.
RenegadeChic said:
lol yeah inorite! the trolls are hungry. ill happily troll the trolls everywhere. i know it doesnt count for much, but im actually a moderator on a very drama-y website but i dont get to let loose there.

i dont even feel that cheerful about the project rightt now. i want my damned pandora too and am getting frustrated but i at least understand its going as quickly as it can. it would cheer me right up if it came because i feel like shit all the time. people will say fan boy fan boy but i just... dont see it that way. when i find evidence of being screwed over or a poor product ill voice it, but i cant til i get the damned thing!
Still, I don't see any arguments for not asking those questions but your illumination. I congratulate you for that, go with buddha, but nobody here cares. Some people demand answers to open questions and I hope they get answered.

Last edited by a moderator:
actually im frustrated with the fact that life is shit and stuff like this happens. its unavoidable.

i know as much as i need to know and im happily in the loop like everyone else. i dont understand why you dont think its enough

RenegadeChic said:
actually im frustrated with the fact that life is shit and stuff like this happens. its unavoidable.

i know as much as i need to know and im happily in the loop like everyone else. i dont understand why you dont think its enough
For a person who is happy and doesn't care, you are very loud.

Poem58 said:
I know everybody's gonna chime in but then like in other threads I don't get a response. These are questions I have or have seen others have that have gone unanswered. So please let Craigix or ED or someone answer these. Then have a go at it.

1. Plans were for 1000 Pandoras to be made once cases are given green light. Do we have a lead time or even educated guesstimate of time for, or size of runs after the initial 1000?

2. Will US orders be shipped from assembly factory for sure (last was a "don't see why not" or "should be possible", not actually a "yes") important to know if some sort of import customs fee will be needed in the future. I saw mention of other assembly locations, are Pandora's for sure now going to be produced in multiple locations? Was alternate assembly locations just a thought?

3. Have the Adapters been ordered? Will they ship later? What is the plan?

4. Protective cases sold by you, have they been decided? Ordered? What is the plan?

5. TV-out cables. Ordered? Lead time if not? Ship later? What is the plan?

6. Manuals done? What is the plan?

7. When asked earlier, it was explained to me that Pandora's 3800-4000 were to be used if needed for replacements in case of DOA or not fully functional units. I have recently seen people posting that they have orders in the 3800-3900 range. Is that wise? If I read correctly the place making the rest of the boards is a different place than who did your original 105 (recommended as a more cost effective solution)? So isn't it dangerous in that case to base your failure rate from one supplier on that of another? Did I misunderstand and all is well? or the testing will insure all shipped Pandora's function and if testing ensures that will more boards be made immediately to replace failed ones? Please clear up anything I don't understand about this part.

8. Someone pointed out that Keymats should already have been made while we wait for case tweaking. What is the plan on these?

9. Silk Screening. Where, How Long etc... what is the plan?

There are many things on which your loyal fan base is willing to deal with (myself included) things like cases needing tweaked are all fine and good. There are however, queestions like those above that seem like they should have been completed already or at least plans made for and we should have answers for. In order to ensure that the endless string of delays is going to end soon it would be nice to know what the plan for these points are.

While I am dedicated to this project, my inability to get some answers is making my faith be challenged. All I ask is for some honest answers to these questions from the OP team and since not all of these questions are mine (have read unanswered ones for months) I am not the only one who would like to know. They should be simple answers that should not be as difficult as say "when will I get my Pandora" or as ridiculous as "Will my Pandora run Crysis?" so I don't think it too much to ask.
Blame it on my childhood, but unanswered questions have for me always been a sign of deceit. While I DO NOT think this in this case, I do not understand why these questions have not been answered with reasonably certain answers.

Hence Poem58's post and my previous comments about you not derailing a thread if you have no interest in it ;)

conso, its frustrating that there are delays, but its frustrating to see people every week or so rudely demand information in the same way just because they see a new video and get their rage on that they dont own it already. fine ask your questions, again, but does it deserve any respect? on top of all of this, what does anyone expect to achieve from it? if there is an answer for any of them at all, what difference does it make? it wont make any of it come any quicker. maybe it will make them seriously decide to get a refund, at this stage theres enough excitement that people will pick up their order. and what really pisses me off is that all these people moan and moan, but we all full well know they will not get a refund and wait it out anyway, like the rest of us, so their entire moaning was not only fruitless but meaningless anyway.

Beepo said:
Hence Poem58's post and my previous comments about you not derailing a thread if you have no interest in it ;)
wow you are an effective troll. requote the first post AGAIN why dont you

conso, happy with the team is very different to happy in life

redundant.jpg

This picture was intended for borgqueens post (which was redundant) but that topic got merged with this one, so it is no longer relevant because I like this post. Poem is asking some very good questions which should be answered. These are questions that should be easily answered by the dev team, it's not like the questions are overly complicated, unless openpandora has something to hide.

So that's that then. We should leave some space for the devs before the thread reaches maximum, I suppose :lol:

Come on guys, lets all sing a lovely song and have a sausage

Is it time for this thread again? Has it really been a month since the last one?

Straight_Shooter said:

That picture isn't a very good picture of redundancy, it looks fun, not stressful. You need a better pic.

Yeah, I'm reloading waiting for a update also, I think maybe we would get an update soon after someone from the OP team does.

RenegadeChic said:
conso, its frustrating that there are delays, but its frustrating to see people every week or so rudely demand information
Peom58's post was not rude, you are.

RenegadeChic said:
fine ask your questions
Thank you, we will.

RenegadeChic said:
...but does it deserve any respect?
Does it deserve any disrespect?

RenegadeChic said:
...on top of all of this, what does anyone expect to achieve from it? if there is an answer for any of them at all, what difference does it make?
Understanding the process and less people asking the same questions over and over again on the forum, which appears to make you very angry

RenegadeChic said:
it wont make any of it come any quicker
That's not the issue in question.

RenegadeChic said:
....maybe it will make them seriously decide to get a refund...
Very very unlikely, I love the Pandora.

RenegadeChic said:
...and what really pisses me off...
Try to be calm, is there really any need to swear?

RenegadeChic said:
...is that all these people moan and moan
That would be you then? We're not moaning, just asking questions as you already pointed out.

RenegadeChic said:
but we all full well know they will not get a refund and wait it out anyway, like the rest of us, so their entire moaning was not only fruitless but meaningless anyway.
is your /rant over now? :lol:

Merged Borgqueenx's thread in with this one. Might as well keep all the "Are we there yet?" in one place.

Chip said:
Is it time for this thread again? Has it really been a month since the last one?
You shouldn't post something like that, the missus tries to sleep :lol:

second exodous said:
That picture isn't a very good picture of redundancy, it looks fun, not stressful. You need a better pic.

Yeah, I'm reloading waiting for a update also, I think maybe we would get an update soon after someone from the OP team does.

That picture was intended for borgqueens post (which was redundant) but that topic got merged with this one, so it is no longer relevant because I like this post. Poem is asking some very good questions which should be answered. These are questions that should be easily answered by the dev team, it's not like the questions are overly complicated, unless openpandora has something to hide.

conso said:
The pandora is over a year late. ...
Well not if you think about it. As the Pandora has always been Two Months[sup]tm[/sup] in the future it stands to reason therefore that if could never have been more than Two Months[sup]tm[/sup] in the past. It only seems like it's been in development for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back