Some Questions About The Pandora Before I Buy One

Sisqo

Still Fresh
Will the Pandora be able to run the SNES, GBA, N64, Turbo Grafx-16, PSX, and Dreamcast at full speed? If not, would it be able to run it at full speed with no sound on or frame skipping? How long before these emulators will be ready for use? And finally will there be a program allowing me to listen to music while playing games?

Sorry for all the questions but I've found conflicting answers concerning these questions and I want to be sure of what I'm spending my $340 on.

Yes to all, except N64 and Dreamcast (and GBA is pretty CLOSE).

How long is unknown, creating all these emulators is not an easy task, and the N64 is extremely hard, but I believe Mario64 is near (if not) full speed.

As for music, it's a full operating system, just add a playlist and play in which ever media player you use on the device and then open your favorite games. Done. Same as a normal PC

:ph34r:

Wow, didn't expect a reply that quick.

Didn't think the PS1 would be able to run at full speed, this thing is sounding better and better each time I learn more about it. I figured it would take a while for the emulators to be completed but it's worth it, the Pandora team has my business. :D

Hi There,
As for the PS1, apparently is running faster than full speed!
Cant wait to play my old games again.

This page should help you out: http://pandorawiki.org/Emulators

Not sure if you know, but Quake3 is running at FULL speed, as well as all the mods and custom made maps, and apparently Doom3 is a possibility of coming to pandora at a full playable speed (once it becomes open source sometime in 2010 [at this point]).

The first few builds we saw were running faster than 100%
The last build we saw of the PSX emulator had a sound skipping glitch, however. It may not have been fixed, for lack of a completed Pandora, but I'm sure if it hasn't, it won't be long before the developer fixes it.

Sound is no issue.
Although, I'm guessing the initial builds of PSX were done on a begleboard or a later build on an early release dev pandora?
I'm so excited my OP and running PSX and getting a 16-32GB SD card for PSX games (that I OWN) and something like an 8GB for all the rest (would not need any more than 2GB really).

psx ran at 200 fps in ff

there is a video of it too but im too lazy to find it

Back