Pandora sales

The pandora sales are amazing which is an cool thing, Loads of people are interesting in this console it's the most powerful hand held in the world.

Pandora reminds of me ds lite because of it's pandora sales, it's an new company,new name, pandora is the future let the emulators roll.

Lamb said:
P.S Where the hell is Chip!? I haven't seen him since before pre-order day, he didn't die with the forums did he!?

I've been wondering that myself. Not to put him on the spot if he is here, but I remember him saying something about being so confident that the 3000 wouldn't be gone in a matter of hours, that he would wait a full 24 hours to preorder. :) Since there's supposedly still 200 left, I imagine he's in the clear even if he did make good on that promise, but I was expecting some sort of a statement from him. Perhaps there was one before the forums went dark?

At the moment the batch is 3000 units and it should increase to 4000 units, if they can produce 4000 units then more people have a chance to get one, I've ordered an pandora myself today.

Who else isn't here? Maybe they don't know about this place yet, shall I make the real Forum tab link to here?

Maybe put the forums tab to a temp page with a 5s refresh saying this is a temp forum and we hope gp32x comes back soon. Harder to hurt people's feelings that way.

Can you link the old forum tab on openpandora.org to this forum? because I didn't even notice the new blog entry, I have been clicking on the old forum tab for two days! I think that would help alot,

I've been wondering that myself. Not to put him on the spot if he is here, but I remember him saying something about being so confident that the 3000 wouldn't be gone in a matter of hours, that he would wait a full 24 hours to preorder. :) Since there's supposedly still 200 left, I imagine he's in the clear even if he did make good on that promise, but I was expecting some sort of a statement from him. Perhaps there was one before the forums went dark?

Haha, in reply to one of my posts he was saying that it would be very very unlikely they would sell out that fast, for once your logic was beaten by our irrational fears!

mechanizeddeath said:
Lamb said:
P.S Where the hell is Chip!? I haven't seen him since before pre-order day, he didn't die with the forums did he!?
I just said that to get people to calm down. I placed my order as soon as the link to the ordering pages went up on openpandora.org.

And I was on the boards Tues. night, but I was consolidating redundant posts and trying to tidy the place up a bit.

Chip said:
I just said that to get people to calm down. I placed my order as soon as the link to the ordering pages went up on openpandora.org.

And I was on the boards Tues. night, but I was consolidating redundant posts and trying to tidy the place up a bit.

Good to see you Chip!

That's kind of what I figured on both topics. The few hours before the forums finally went couldn't have been easy from a moderator's perspective.

Chip said:
mechanizeddeath said:
Lamb said:

I have only been on the gp2x boards for a few months, but I find it remarkable how you moderate the forums so objectively. (I mean this in a good way), I hope you know what I mean..

I was also pretty sure they wouldn't sell out as quickly as they did. I underestimated the power of the internets. It sold like Phish tickets or something :D

I will have the money in a few days time.. but I don`t want to order one.. and find out that my order will be fulfilled in the next batch... are the numbers being ordered coming off the total available ?? meaning... at some point someone is going to pay and get the last one and the next person will get the `sold out` mesage ??

What ya reckon ?

The official word on the home page is:
We will continue to accept Pandora orders for the first batch until SUNDAY - we will increase the first batch manufactured to match these orders.
To me this says that all orders (up to Sunday) will be included in the first manufacturing run. So, no cutoff point.

Awesome sales - I can't say that I am at all surprised.

I wonder if they applying limits to how many people can order until Sunday. It's just possible that the total number could go mental. And some of you thought they knew nothing about marketing? The 'only 3000, then wait til next year' will have helped the onslaught.

That really wasn't the purpose, though. Nobody knew how many were going to sell, and they were going for save than sorry. Since this is a money preorder, there is no risk in producing whatever the hell is being ordered, so everything is cool

Lamb said:
I have only been on the gp2x boards for a few months, but I find it remarkable how you moderate the forums so objectively. (I mean this in a good way), I hope you know what I mean..
He's a robot!

A bus driver robot!

By the way, that is one awesome viking helmet, chip. I've always wanted one..

Kyosys said:
By the way, that is one awesome wiking helmet, chip. I've always wanted one..

Viking helmets doesn't have horns, don't know about wikings however...

Zoxc said:
Kyosys said:
By the way, that is one awesome wiking helmet, chip. I've always wanted one..

Viking helmets doesn't have horns, don't know about wikings however...
Ah, fixed, sorry. In german it's spelled with a W.

Anyway, yeah. I know real viking helmets don't have horns, but the ones with horns are just so much more awesome.

Hotcooler said:
YAY! I finally ordered mine too :D Now I Just hope there will be no trouble with shipping to Russia :twisted:

p&|a

Mine has a longer way to go to get to Australia (China -> US/UK -> back past China to Australia) so I'd hope the small jump from UK/US to Russia will be ok.

Back