Pandora Status Update

Edit: Ignore. I was on broken record mode. My position on the communication has been made already and repeating it must bore people way more than it bores me.

I wonder what the percentage was of refunded orders versus completed ones... if it's rare to not have received a refund or the other way around. So far I'm also lucky; no email and no refunds showing up on my credit card. Hopefully it stays that way.

Could we have a final confirmation that if we have not received any e-mail, by now, that means that our orders are correctly finalized?

gorman said:
Could we have a final confirmation that if we have not received any e-mail, by now, that means that our orders are correctly finalized?
The re-fund isn't complete yet, so a final confirmation isn't possible, yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
gorman said:
We haven't received that confirmation so we need to assume it isn't finished yet. It is taking longer than expected. Chip will give us an update as soon as one is available.

edit: mali beat me to it. Sotty. My internet seems to be on some sort of time displacement this afternoon...

Got the email :(

At the time of preordering the Pandora cost me about 1880 norwegian krones.
Now, it costs me 2376 norwegian krones!
Am I screwed? Or does OpenPandora cover my loss?

I've had no emails about reordering or refunding, and I'm in the UK. Am I in the clear, since emails have started getting sent out to everywhere else in europe? Was there anything special that had to be done straight after preordering in the online shop, like sending an email with your order number to openpandora?

It's probably just paranoia, so I'm trying to keep cool about all this :)

cowai said:

OpenPandora basically covered the loss by throwing in a 256MB RAM and 512MB NAND.
We did that because of that banking issue.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
cowai said:

OpenPandora basically covered the loss by throwing in a 256MB RAM and 512MB NAND.

Which is undeniably fair!

EvilDragon said:
cowai said:

Really? So those who didn't have to reorder, have to pay an additional fee?

I got the email, but it didn't say anything about what it will cost me to reorder.. cowai, what did you have to do?

Now that I've got the email I must admit it's not particularly clear. It listed an address for where I could transfer money (although it was also said that I could use CC), but nothing about amount or how to do the actual reorder. It's not clear what I'm supposed to do, in fact.

Tor said:
I got the email, but it didn't say anything about what it will cost me to reorder.. cowai, what did you have to do?

Now that I've got the email I must admit it's not particularly clear. It listed an address for where I could transfer money (although it was also said that I could use CC), but nothing about amount or how to do the actual reorder. It's not clear what I'm supposed to do, in fact.
The price is exactly the same as it was before. The email you received contains the necessary information for paying via bank transfer. If you wish to pay via credit card, you will have to wait a bit. The new CC order page for the new bank will be available soon.

Thanks Chip.
So, I go to the original order confirmation (from Sep. 30), find the original price in GPB, and transfers that exact amount to the bank address.. (or I could wait and do CC)

In fact, when I compare that to what I originally paid, in my local currency, it's now a bit _less_.

The remaining question would be what my refund will be.. presumably it's got to be exactly the same.. because the rate should be the same (as of now, not Sep. 30). Unless there's a big difference in rate depending on which way it's converted.

@cowai: I'm still interested in how you calculated the two prices you had to pay.. I've checked currency rates between now and then, and there's been almost no change in the relation between GBP and NOK. How did you get the 20% increase? Was the refund very low?

Am I correct in thinking that if the money hasn't been refunded in my account by now, I'm in the clear?

Back