Get Ready For An Explosion Of Publicity...

mazza558

As I type this, the video of Ubuntu running on the Pandora, which was posted on Engadget a few hours ago, is edging quickly towards being on the front page of Digg. When this happens (and it will), hundreds of thousands of people are going to possibly see this thing for the first time, in a perfect position for preorder day tomorrow. I've done my bit by explaining what it is with a link to the Pandora homepage, but for the rest of you, this is a great opportunity to explain to the rest of the tech community what it is you're trying to achieve. Perhaps people should post an image/video or two in the comments?

After all, I think this is the first Pandora article to reach the front page. If it gets into the "top in 24 hours" list, forget about getting a preorder a day after they open. Also bear in mind that most people's thoughts will be "that internet radio service, right?"

Here's the link to the Digg article...

Click here...

With the community here behind it, the story will get to the front page even faster. I was pretty surprised when I saw it in 5th place out of the 10 top upcoming topics. I think it's the Ubuntu effect (any story with the word "Ubuntu" in it = front page)

Dugg it. You all realize the servers are going to cry in the matter of a few hours, right?

Craig, how much load can openpandora.org really handle?

I just saw that article about an hour ago. I normally don't go on engadget except to chuckle at the comments, but the Pandora entry got my attention.

Depending on how this works out, I may need to revise my plan of waking up "whenever" tomorrow to preorder, and change that to setting my alarm for about 9:00. :unsure:

Make sure the comments aren't too spammy - the digg community hate the sense of some people trying to sell them something.

It'll be front-paged any time now. It's usually just over 100 diggs to get to the front page.

EDIT: It's at the top of the upcoming linux/unix section, but no sign of it on the overall upcoming page...

Lots of people are going to be ridiculed when we hit the frontpage. "Thanks everyone!" (yes, even by project leaders) and similar comments will be dugg down into oblivion - digg's users hate people being happy.

Back