Pandora Mascot

The Panda, with those black rings around his eyes, looks approximately as sleep-deprived as the average programmer. Judging by their borderline extinction status they get about as much action, too. Ha ha!

Oh wait, I'm a DotNet web programmer... d'oh

The Panda, with those black rings around his eyes, looks approximately as sleep-deprived as the average programmer.
But where's the hyper active, caffeine induced twitching?
Judging by their borderline extinction status they get about as much action, too. Ha ha!
That's on account of the general aggressiveness of the female panda, as opposed to the total lack of aggressiveness in the average nerd. :p
Oh wait, I'm a DotNet web programmer... d'oh
Oh... oh I'm so sorry. I hope they find a cure soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about the pandora logo with a glowing orb in the center? Kinda like 343 guilty spark in halo?

Panda's cute, but we're sooo totally copying tux :angry:

PandaNew.jpg
Improved. I think. But still lacking "attitude."

Nice, I like it. I'm more a fan of this sort of panda mascot than some Japanese anime girl mascot (or "pandora-tan," whatever that means; I'm not into the whole anime scene, and would prefer it if the Pandora weren't associated with it"].[/quote]The -tan characters have nothing to do with the anime scene. Also, don't be so hostile to anime-esque things.

Panda's cute, but we're sooo totally copying tux :angry:
That's the point. That's our way of saying that we're Linux-based.

-God Ginrai

this thread reminds me of the simpsons episode with poochy... he needs more attitude!

Whilst I'm not the greatest artist in the world, I couldn't resist (it's just a quick doodle drawn with a ball-point pen onto a piece of notepaper the size of a Post-It note"];

Panda_With_Attitude.png
Note: I am totally not serious about this guy. :p[/quote]Not a bad drawing. However, he looks more like a Wolf. (Pandas don't have a jaw or snout like that)

-God Ginrai

Heh, thanks. As far as drawing cartoony animal characters go, I am more accustomed to doodling canids, so I guess that figures. :lol:

EDIT: I just hope I got the whole "politicians wearing baseball caps" thing down, haha.

Eh, we should get a mascot the same way everyone else does. When a really sweet game gets made that is considered the killer ap, the main character becomes the mascot. I doubt that Nintendo said "Let's have a plumber as our mascot".

What happened to this place? It used to be fun to hang out here. When did everything become "all about business"? Please, no joking around people. This isn't the place for that.

My contribution:
panda_ora.png

Perspective on the nose is terrible, but it's just a sketch. :p

I really like that. For some reason I can imagine it on a somewhat esoteric t-shirt or some other such thing. :lol:

Pandora opened the box releasing all the evils of mankind...

And the mascot is [drum roll]

A cute, fuzzy panda bear!

Nothing against the artwork. That's fantastic! But I'll probably throw up if I ever turn on my Pandora and have a cuddly Panda bear staring at me. Can't we come up with something dark and evil looking (besides a crack smoking Panda bear with claws)?

I like the latest mascot idea the best - by far!

As for having fun round here, it all depends as to who is moderating the boards at the time - What harm can a little off topic banter do????

PS. Ron Burgandy plays a mean jazz flute too!

I want a shirt with that on it now. ^_^
1"] The Panda is a bear
Actually, the Panda is more closely related to the raccoon. Also, I can guarantee the Pandora is not carnivorous. It's an herbivore.

-God Ginrai[/quote]from wikipedia (not saying wikipedia is always right...)

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Carnivora
Family: Ursidae
Genus: Ailuropoda
Species: A. melanoleuca
so basically an animal from the family Ursidae and of the carnivora order... but he has an almost herbivore diet... wikipedia also mention that it was thought to be related to racoon from previous classifications...

Back