Pandora Photoshop-like Program for Pandora?

Eranderil Grey

Still Fresh
Hi! This is Eran's girlfriend. I usually go by the name Rockelyn when I use forums like this. I'm too lazy to make an account, so he had me log onto his account so I can ask a quick question. :)

I was just wondering if anyone has made any image editing programs for the Pandora. I really enjoy working in Photoshop and drawing in general, and being able to carry something like it in my pocket would be awesome. I know that there's an open source program called The GIMP that is similar to Photoshop, in case no one has looked into it yet.

Thanks for your time! ^-^

Last edited by a moderator:
The gimp has already been packaged nice and easy :)

I haven't tried it, but there's reports that it's a beast to work with. It's a little slow and the screen is a little small to work with all the tools, so some patience in pushing things around is needed, but it works.

Not nearly as powerful as The gimp or Photoshop but a lot easier and snappier, there's also mtPaint. I have used this for some quick work (all of which suck, due entirely to my lack of artistic talent :p ) so it may work for you.

Awesoooome. I'll probably look into mtPaint first before I give try GIMP. I get impatient with my tools when I'm in the zone. xD

Thanks for getting back to me. ^_^

-Rockelyn

I really enjoy working in Photoshop and drawing in general, and being able to carry something like it in my pocket would be awesome. I know that there's an open source program called The GIMP that is similar to Photoshop, in case no one has looked into it yet.

If you're used to working in Photoshop, GIMP shouldn't throw you at all. I'd try installing it on a desktop system first and learning how you can customize the GIMP's interface before you try it on the Pandora. Meet The Gimp has ABSOLUTELY AWESOME video tutorials for getting into the program and teaching you how to get the most out of it. I'd suggest just starting at the first episode and working your way forward, unless you're looking for recommendations on a particular topic.

It's ridiculously powerful, but it also takes a bit of getting used to. Most of that, though, is realizing everything you can do with an image, especially if you haven't worked with anything stronger than MS Paint.

Back