A Launch title - A community effort.

I can help with coding, i can code C/C++ and have used opengl/sdl and direct3d before :). I can contribute a few (1 -2) hours per day at it.

Before any code gets written, the basic aspects of the game have to be decided. I have worked previously on similar projects and if you don't have a doc to guide you a LOT of the code gets re-written to adapt to the changes. And that really gets boring/irritating ...

About the character, how about a levitating 'pandora logo cube' ?

PoisonedV said:
A mini game project would be amazing. there have been things like this before- that newgrounds series, for example. it would be harder, im sure, but still doable.

now, this was obviously coming: if we do end producing a minigame onslaught title, might i reccomend the framework built in whatever language, with scripting in... PYTHON? :lol:

also, I REALLY love systems with unlocakbles, such as the gachapons in warioware: twisted and work time fun, and the unlockable games in warioware.

the minigame framework is still being developed by both myself and Pokeparadox...there have been several edits to the first post of that thread with updates to the framework, sadly though there is still no scripting support...yet.

I know how to bind C functions to Lua if anyone needs help on putting that together. I also know some Lua but I know mostly C/C++. I know how to work with metatables, Lua's most interesting feature. Lua may or may not be the best scripting solution but I also know some of Mozilla's jslib, which allows embedding a JavaScript language in applications. (But it is much slower than Lua and has an uglier API, and I know little JavaScript.) I don't particularly care for Python because of bad experiences with it.

I have a set of bindings for Lua to SDL, SDL_gfx, SDL_image, SDL_mixer, and SDL_ttf, as well as other useful functions. This will form the basis of my "Pandora Lua Runtime library." I plan to license the whole thing under GPL3 once it is released. I can share some code from it for anyone needing thorough lua binding examples (regardless of their project's license).

ben_monk said:
OH OH I HAVE AN IDEA.

Pandora's Box? Based on that Greek myth. Pandora opens boxes, evil spirts come out, defeats them, wins keys to close boxes!

I actually love it, but I have no proggramming/ arty skills at all. And most probably no-one likes it.

Any thoughts?

That would be a good plot. The main character, Pandora, opens a strange box and accidentally releases billions of evil demons and monsters upon the land. Pandora has to travel around the world, defeating the numerous and powerful Monster Lords who oppose her, and then stop the King Monster from plunging Pandora's world into eternal chaos.

Personally, I imagined the main character and settings as being more in the vein of Kirby (small and cute character designs, cheery music, monsters that scream "rawr i are demons! >_<")

kingkholera said:
That would be a good plot. The main character, Pandora, opens a strange box and accidentally releases billions of evil demons and monsters upon the land. Pandora has to travel around the world, defeating the numerous and powerful Monster Lords who oppose her, and then stop the King Monster from plunging Pandora's world into eternal chaos.

Personally, I imagined the main character and settings as being more in the vein of Kirby (small and cute character designs, cheery music, monsters that scream "rawr i are demons! >_<")

And then, when she stands on top of the slain demon king, she realises she has become the new demon king! Or Queen, as it were.

And a new age of darkness descends upon the land...

Back