The Ultimate Unofficial Open Pandora Stalker

kloplop321

Psychotic Trans-dimensional Being
Website
kloplop321.com
Many minutes™ ago, in the hallowed depths of time and our imaginations,
Alec (Moo) produced a scraper that saved many lives from the perils of Pandora preponderance!
Now all the updates of the Op Team were found easily in a single place!

Gone were the long nights of endless refreshes,
gone were the wasted seconds waiting for multiple search result pages to load!

Everything was fine and dandy for a while. People were baking cakes [lie! -ed]
and eating cheese with all the free time they had now that they didn't have to check so many pages.

However, all was not well in the realm of the Pandora Scrapers....
for there were dissidents afoot!

Many were unhappy with the fact that Alec was not completely committed to stalking OP.
"An RSS Feed will make OP feel even more like they're being stalked than they already do!
At least with my scraper people have to actively CHECK the page!"
- rabidpoobear paraphrasing Alec

Some agreed; some did not. And thus was born the great Scraper Scraper.
However, because the scraper depended on Alec's scraper to scrape, the author removed the
scraper scraper at Alec's request.

Still, there were those who felt that OP-stalking needed to be taken to higher levels,
with
  • twitter stalking
  • GP32X stalking
  • Official blog stalking
  • unOfficial blog stalking
  • Youtube stalking
  • File archive stalking
  • Photobucket stalking
  • context-aware information (such as where the source is from)
  • updates to-the-5-minutes
even
  • automatic translation of german boards (However, may break from time to time thanks to translation servers blocking the ever-present stalker)
... but this new generation of rebellious misfit coders went one further,
and provided the community with the grandest knowable thing ever,
- RSS FEEDS!

So I humbly present to you the work of two masterminds,
our very own Kloplop321 and codeaholic(Trey),
and this media bulletin authored by yours truly, Rabidpoobear,

the Open-Pandora Super-Scraper RSS Feed!
http://kloplop321.com/uops/rss.php

Please discuss the ethical implications of this in the space provided below. ;)

In addition, a video(with retro music) has been made displaying the stalker in Google Reader
Youtube video

Last edited by a moderator:
Argh, more stalking! I envy OPT less and less every day. Nice work though. Just a suggestion - once the first batch is out and we no longer need (sorry, "need") to hang on their every post, could we see a revised version that just did this:

* twitter accounts
* Official blog
* unOfficial blog
* Youtube accounts
* File archive / appstore

Then I'd be able to share it on the blog (along with Alec's scraper, which should undergo the same trim-down when the time comes). Both would be a fantastic resource for the whole scene.

(I do stand by my view on forum posts going into RSS feeds. It can quickly become counterproductive if OPT feel too pressured and become reluctant to post. Anyone seen MWeston lately?)

Gruso said:
Argh, more stalking! I envy OPT less and less every day. Nice work though. Just a suggestion - once the first batch is out and we no longer need (sorry, "need") to hang on their every post, could we see a revised version that just did this:

* twitter accounts
* Official blog
* unOfficial blog
* Youtube accounts
* File archive / appstore

Then I'd be able to share it on the blog (along with Alec's scraper, which should undergo the same trim-down when the time comes). Both would be a fantastic resource for the whole scene.

(I do stand by my view on forum posts going into RSS feeds. It can quickly become counterproductive if OPT feel too pressured and become reluctant to post. Anyone seen MWeston lately?)
Yep, all I gotta do is nullify a few fields in the DB

paddy said:
I love the rastan music from the old master system great stuff.

Got it from the archives of http://remix.kwed.org/
(C64 Remixes)

I just had a thought. If there was an official Open Pandora Stalker, what would it be, and how would people react :p

Would it be possible to add who posted the info(craigix/ed) and which source it was from?

zacaj said:
Would it be possible to add who posted the info(craigix/ed) and which source it was from?

It already is. If you are viewing raw in firefox it doesn't show it.
The RSS uses dc:creator in the xml for the author. It works with most standard systems today, including Google Reader on the web.

Gruso said:
Argh, more stalking! I envy OPT less and less every day. Nice work though. Just a suggestion - once the first batch is out and we no longer need (sorry, "need") to hang on their every post

Ha, I like that, "Thanks for my Pandora, now step aside chumps"!!!

rabidpoobear said:
wtf, we both bumped a 6 day old thread at exactly the same time? spooooky.

Haha. You probably saw me talk on IRC. Just got done with a 70 hr week and finally coming up for air. :-/

Back