Pandora Fps

God Ginrai said:
What does DM stand for? The only DM I know is Dungeon Master, and that obviously has nothing to do with an FPS.
DeathMatch

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai said:
Julius said:
God Ginrai said:
It says on the site that their Bots are just drones that can't do much atm.
-God Ginrai
Good enough for some DM, but yeah they are still WIP. But most of the work is done already.

What does DM stand for? The only DM I know is Dungeon Master, and that obviously has nothing to do with an FPS.

quadomatic said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
AireTamStorm said:
Airplane rides will never be the same.
Especially with airlines like American, Northwest, and JetBlue now offering in-flight WiFi. Fragging from 30,000 feet above the earth? Kick freakin' ass. :D

In-Flight WiFi??? HOLY CRAP!

Too bad international flights aren't exactly going to be an option for Pandora users if ACTA gets enacted.

Heck, mobile wi-fi (at least in the USA) will likely be possible once the US government auctions of the airspace freed up by the removal of analog signals.

So, how about Nexuiz?

ACTA? ?_?

-God Ginrai

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Counterf...Trade_Agreement

They'll search all ur electronic devices for copyright infringing material. If you use Pandora, chances are you're using emulators, and I'm sure they won't like that.

quadomatic said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
AireTamStorm said:
Especially with airlines like American, Northwest, and JetBlue now offering in-flight WiFi. Fragging from 30,000 feet above the earth? Kick freakin' ass. :D

Too bad international flights aren't exactly going to be an option for Pandora users if ACTA gets enacted.

Heck, mobile wi-fi (at least in the USA) will likely be possible once the US government auctions of the airspace freed up by the removal of analog signals.

So, how about Nexuiz?

Oh wow. Just read about that.

Looks like I'll be hiding my SD cards in my socks ;)

PlopperZ said:
quadomatic said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
AireTamStorm said:

So, how about Nexuiz?

Oh wow. Just read about that.

Looks like I'll be hiding my SD cards in my socks ;)

Wouldn't they go off when you step through the metal detector?

I guess you could bring the SD card in a Camera. Doubt they'd search that.

All this discussion is all hypothetical. This is all IF the law gets adopted. The US Senate would have to approve it first. Hopefully it wouldn't.

I can't say how it would work for the rest of the world. I know (at least I read) that Canada's parliament doesn't have to approve of trade agreements first. I don't know how it works for the EU at all.

PlopperZ said:
This is silly.....
How will they search everybody's laptop, mp3 player, PSP, etc. ?
I know right? Huge violation of privacy, incredibly inefficient (as if air travel could get any more inefficient). And there's no way they can train airport security to search all of this stuff properly! And we don't even know how crazy the thing is yet. We know the RIAA and MPAA made suggestions and stuff...lord knows whats in there. This is like omega-christmas for them.

It's so difficult to tell which mp3s are yours and which may have been downloaded. Only way I can think of is if there is a comment in the id3 tag, but even then that doesn't prove much. Airport security doesn't even have to contact the copyright holders first. They can just slap you with a fine. So, for example, if you have Nine Inch Nails's The Slip, which was released for free, and they find it on your Pandora, Laptop, PDA or cellphone, they can fine you, because they're retarted.

If they find any mp3s or movies on your stuff, they can slap you with a charge. Ripping your own CDs is technically illegal. Unless you bought the stuff online for the ridiculous prices compared to store prices, you'd be screwed.

PlopperZ said:
This is silly.....
Also the thing that i'm wondering is how will they prove that a track on an MP3 player is copyright infringing?

I bought it from a legal online download service, honest. ;)

Lurkio said:
PlopperZ said:
This is silly.....
Also the thing that i'm wondering is how will they prove that a track on an MP3 player is copyright infringing? I bought it from a legal online download service honest. ;)

They can pull a track from an MP3 player as they would from anything else. If you're running linux and you plug in an iPod, you can just browse it like a flash drive and play the mp3s on there. All the same id3 tag info is there.

In a case RIAA recently had against a Kazaa user, they cited comments in the id3 tag as evidence. But like I said before, that doesn't prove shit. There's information stored in iTunes downloaded tracks and in those of other services as well though. And also like I said before, pretty much any mp3 outside of ones dl'd from an online service is illegal, which is so, so stupid.

PlopperZ: I agree...do you remember the episode of South Park where Mr Garrison invents a gyro based vehicle that outdoes planes? I wish we had that... (agreeing with what u put b4 the edit, wouldn't rly make sense to agree with whats there now)

quadomatic said:
PlopperZ: I agree...do you remember the episode of South Park where Mr Garrison invents a gyro based vehicle that outdoes planes? I wish we had that...
Haha yeah...

Wow this thread's gone to shit.

PlopperZ said:
EDIT: Nevermind Lurkio stole my post....again.
You need to develop faster posting powers. ;)

quadomatic said:
In a case RIAA recently had against a Kazaa user
People still use Kazaa? :eek:

quadomatic said:
I wish we had that...
I'm not so sure. :unsure:

it.JPG

quadomatic said:
God Ginrai said:
Julius said:
God Ginrai said:
It says on the site that their Bots are just drones that can't do much atm.
-God Ginrai
Good enough for some DM, but yeah they are still WIP. But most of the work is done already.

quadomatic said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
AireTamStorm said:

So, how about Nexuiz?

ACTA? ?_?

-God Ginrai

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Counterf...Trade_Agreement

They'll search all ur electronic devices for copyright infringing material. If you use Pandora, chances are you're using emulators, and I'm sure they won't like that.

Wow, and I thought the US government couldn't kiss ass to the RIAA any more. If this hits, I might seriously leave the US.

-God Ginrai

I dont´t think SD cards with their miniscule amount of metal would be picked up by the sensors. However, i´ve had those sensors beeping even when i wasn´t carrying any metal at all, it seems they just let them beep randomly once in a while as a pretext to searching you. They made me take off my shoes and socks too... Damn it, fascism seems not to be questioned anymore if it comes to the oh so holy security.

But, i´m derailing the thread. I hope we´ll be seeing some 3D action on the Pandora prototypes soon, i don´t know who got them, but i hope some of the selected devs are porting or creating some 3D action titles. There also are quite a few commercial failures which i´d love to see on the Pandora, if only there was an investor to buy the rights to awesome but unsuccessfull titles such as Giants: Citizen Kabuto or Duke Nukem Manhattan Project. The companies producing them have gone bankrupt quite a while ago, i doubt the rights for those games would be expensive.

quadomatic said:
Quote Pyramid is getting a little ridiculous, guys.

You do realize, the Pandora runs Linux, which is easily capable of encrypting all of the data you carry on the Pandora. Its one of my most wanted features, file system level encryption.

Lurkio said:
Don't think the following is applicable to this situation, but it's still worth a read (especially if you're in the UK).

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/10/02/1237215
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10/03/ri...ion_keys_power/

I'd rather not get into a discussion about paranoid governments and their twisted policies. In any case, "I forgot my password" should do the trick. The people doing the investigations would likely be trained to do common tasks (windows file systems) on PDAs, Laptops, and MP3 players. If the device "fights back", it may gather additional attention, but quite honestly... I doubt it. There will be ten thousand people in line to have their PCs searched if they do anything more than a light search of the devices.

We are getting off topic.

Back