Just Did A Little Looking Into What Games Are On Linux

SHEEPGODODOOM

Still Fresh
I did a quick search to see if anything like this has been said already. if i missed it at least you know i bothered to look a little.

I knew that quake 3 was open source and magical and stuff but it never dawned on me that enemy territory might be able to run too until a while ago

Do the people with pandoras right now even get on here? I REALLY want to see enemy territory or any fps besides the straight out quake variety running on pandora and maybe some online play?

emphasis on online play.

because nobody has shown any of that yet.

thank you :)

The reason there are 0 views("if you have a pandora please read") is that no one has Pandoras yet. The first batch of 4000 is in the final stages of production.
And Enemy Territory? If you mean the Quake Wars variety, it won't run. And the Wolfenstein variety, it probably won't run well. That is if either were even ported.

i forgot they even made quake wars, just so you know that im not that stupid as to thinking the pandora can pull anything remotely close to upper last gen to this gen gaming :p

i thought there were a handful of people with the prototype pandoras flying around, thats sorta what i meant, the people with those ones. and thats why the question of if they even get on here came up. yes i probably could have worded that description better though.

whats keeping wolfenstein enemy territory from running on the pandora though? its requirements should not be significantly higher than quake 3's on high, and who says you can't play with low texture quality and no shadows?

Oh, well in that case yes, devs with prototypes do get on frequently. :)
And Wolfenstein might be able to run on low. I'm typically optimistic about things but I fear I have to be a cynic on this one. Certainly someone can go ahead and prove me wrong though, I'd be glad. :rolleyes:

Tensuke said:
Oh, well in that case yes, devs with prototypes do get on frequently. :)
And Wolfenstein might be able to run on low. I'm typically optimistic about things but I fear I have to be a cynic on this one. Certainly someone can go ahead and prove me wrong though, I'd be glad. :rolleyes:

RtCW: Wolfenstein killed two of my computers through overheating. It may be based on the Q3 engine but it is far more intensive, especially with regards to CPU - this was always the bottleneck with my systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
deceptive topic title. should read i want Enemy territory :/

SHEEPGODODOOM said:
whats keeping wolfenstein enemy territory from running on the pandora though? its requirements should not be significantly higher than quake 3's on high, and who says you can't play with low texture quality and no shadows?
The fact that it is not open source. You can't just take its maps and dump them into Q3. They changed a lot of the code as well to suit their own needs, and without their code, there's no chance of getting it running.

Dead1nside said:
RtCW: Wolfenstein killed two of my computers through overheating. It may be based on the Q3 engine but it is far more intensive, especially with regards to CPU - this was always the bottleneck with my systems.
That's what I figured.

And Wizardstan, I guess I missed that the engine source wasn't released. Oh well.

Back