Anyone Know Of Any Open Source Fps Games That Aren't Quake Clones

So far I think your best bet would be Cube, as that actually has some nice mods that can make it less like an arena game and more like a CoD-type game. People have said that Cube 1 should be possible on the pandora, and that Cube 2 might be just able to run, though I don't know for sure.

You might want to check out some mods for the quake[I, II, III] engine, as there are some that completely change the way you play the game.

And yes, Pandora can run Quake III, it has already been ported quite well.

borgqueenx said:
is UT Goty open source? if not there's not really a chance we can make this for pandora.

I'm pretty sure that it is not, though I don't play it so I might be wrong.

Now if Valve opened up the Classic engine, then we could have some serious FPS goodness on the pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx for all the replies. There are a lot of interesting games you guys posted and Pseudoform looks really cool, maybe even better than portal (possibly, but not likely). I actually gave Tremulous a try and it's really cool even though I suck at it and urban terror does seem the closest to what I'm looking for. But I look at all these game you guys posted and am forced to question if the pandora can run even them. Can they really run all those games like tremulous and smoking guns? If they can then I guess the pandora can do even more than I thought it could...

Back