Pandora Apps Site

Cas

Hi

Went to the Pandora Apps site this morning and found that if you choose emulators

and list by date only one comes up, it just shows the most recent one.

Then choose by name and only eight show, then by rating and they all show.

apps.openpandora is very stable and solid.

The day he said this there were even dead links on the frontpage.

Whoot? :) I'm pretty sure it worked somehow the other day, but you're right. Well, that makes it even worse...

@Cas: you can also use the old filearchive at openhandhelds.org. It doesn't look fancy, but it's working at least.(...and has some files the repo.openpandora.org hasn't because it respects the authors rights to maintain their files themself)

[EDIT] 3 dead links on the _frontpage_ and the bug mentioned by Cas... And still this is "official"....

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to have been caused by Eds sever being full (I'm sure people will tell you it was totally my fault though, as always), I'm copying the backup across now.

Peacemaker to the rescue!

Let us say nothing more of this downtime, lest the boards be set ablaze yet again!

Nope, this time, it was entirely my fault.

I had to delete two apps because of copyright infringement (EUAE because no license or sourcecode was supplied and Bejeweled because it is trademarked by PopCap games).

There was an abuse report with my server company about that and you need to react within 24 hours. As I wasn't at home and couldn't reach Craig, the only choice was to manually deleting the files. I didn't think it would cause any issue to the database though.

?

Talking about dead links (that are those):

"New uploads" (or -> "More") -> http://apps.openpandora.org/latestapps.shtml

"Top rated" (or -> "More") -> http://apps.openpandora.org/toprated.shtml

...how could a deletion of 2 .pnds make those pages disappear? They do not exist, that's it.

Well, they are there named:

http://apps.openpandora.org/apps/latestapps.shtml

http://apps.openpandora.org/apps/toprated.shtml

I cannot see how this is your fault, ED, but I may be mistaken.

EDIT: Whilst we're already talking about it:

- Pandora apps doesn't seem to provide information to firefox how big a file is.

- This is the page of Ginge: Link. There is no description, screenshot and downloadcount and it claims to be "by KB" which is certainly not the case.

- Ginge is a toprated app even though it doesn't appear to have votes.

- Searching for "GBA"(for example) shows GpSp (as well as some others), but claims it has no downloads.

- In the searchresults page the header with the pandoralogo and "We have ... apps for PANDORA" is missing replaced by a '?'

- Notaz PSX emus name is PCSX-ReARMed not PSX-ReARMed

- Apps that have votes are displayed without in search results

- In search results in the left column: The short description there overlaps with the icon of the app.

...Firefox 4

No one said it was your fault.

Right. I didn't say they did.

Strange thing to post.

excuse me but you just said everyone would say it was your fault!!!

(I'm sure people will tell you it was totally my fault though, as always)
so in affect it was NOT a strange thing to post!
Aaah, but he said they will tell you that, not that they already had. :D

Of course, this is still all beside the point: one moment's downtime caused by ED does not address the front-page link problems that have been there (and been reported as being there) for months.

the only choice was to manually deleting the files. I didn't think it would cause any issue to the database though.

Could you please replay this with the repo? Just to confirm that there isn't the same issue.

Craig was told multiple times about the copyrightinfridgements. At least about the popcap one, but did nothin about it. Now you had to delete the things...

This may have been brought up earlier, please excuse my ignorance due to ignoring this forum for most of the time.

Can we please make the official appstore work/display properly with the preinstalled browser?

Could we please enter the search field like any dialog field on any website by hitting the TAB key?

Can we please make the official appstore work/display properly with the preinstalled browser?
Can "we"? Yes, it is possible. Only Craig can do that though.

Will he? So far he has rejected the idea. He's been talking about a version 2 for a while now, so we'll see how that goes.

Back