Application rating in repo

bzar

A Commando
Website
Visit site
Related thread: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/9911-repo-rating-system-5-stars-or-binary-ratings/

I was thinking about application ratings again and one idea popped up. How about we divide the top rated list into two lists. One contains applications with at least N votes, the other all the ones with less than N votes. This way highly rated newcomer apps would get their spot in the limelight and the more established ones would rule their own list. The less-than-N list could even secondarily be sorted by last update timestamp to make it not be dominated by two-five-star-votes-ever apps :p

If repo API support is implemented (number of votes included alongside rating average) I could add this to PNDManager too.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, most places have a "Top Rated This Month", and a "Top Rated Of All Time"... Maybe something like that?

You know, most places have a "Top Rated This Month", and a "Top Rated Of All Time"... Maybe something like that?
I agree with that.

What I also want to see is some differentiation in downloads (and probably ratings), namely to distuinguish between all versions and the latest version. dont know if that makes sense for others, but i always disliked this on the openhandhelds download section (and on the repo). If you update your app 10 times, it's very likely that it's downloaded 10 times more than something else and thus shows up higher in the download list, whereas an application that is not updated that often but still has a good amount of downloads will list very low.

Back