Pandora Ads?

timofonic

GP Mafia
Hello.

Since this is a project done by a community, what about designing the marketing campaign by the community too? I'm sure there are people with good ideas here.

I suggest to people about giving slogans and ads for Pandora. It could be nice some kind of official contest with interesting prizes by using donations, that could attract new marketing proffesionals or indie ones interested in alternative stuff like Open Source stuff and such.

Then fundings could be collected for putting ads on Linux-related sites and magazines, sites about indie gaming and others. I think a project like this needs public awareness at least of the market target (retrogaming, Open Source, Linux, indie gaming, gadgets, console hackers...).

I have no ideas about this, as I'm quite anti-mainstream generally and hating the most of marketing stuff because it's full of lies. I did read some interesting slogans out there like "Promote it. Develop it. Buy it. Love it." (as you can read here).

Regards.

"The pandora open it up and it has everything closed source companies hate inside"
"the pandora open it up and hope for open hardware is released"(along with piracy and copyright infringement :ph34r: j/k)

I got a million more but i dont think its what we are looking for. I do say if i could work on the wording, the first would be kick ass.

Bourbon
*edit to early sentence was in erngish*

I'd say wait until atleast dev's have them in their hand (you can't advertise things too early, otherwise people are sick of it before it's released...)

...but at the same time I can't wait until I see something like:

"The only thing as good as playing with pandora's box... is playing with some hot chicks'!"

I know, lame, but give it some time and I'll have the perfectly perverted, yet funny enough slogan ;)

in fact.... right now my door says "If I wasn't a door would you still touch my wood?"

Whatever it is, it should strictly focus on what Pandora can do, not on what 'closed source companies' cannot. Competition bashing is the mark of unintelligent marketing, like the one seen in all the political ads that rag on opponent candidates.

It should be as direct as possible. 'Open source' is a tad vague in terms of Pandora's massive potential. Most people associate open source with free programs, but few associate it with the ease with which users will be able to create and share their own software, or the great software library that will no doubt start to grow in a matter of days after product release.

I'm sure that software is what will sell this device. Since the hardware will be future proof for years, more developers will support it with high quality, ambitious projects, assured that Pandora will be around for a good while yet.

Hooka said:
I'd say wait until atleast dev's have them in their hand (you can't advertise things too early, otherwise people are sick of it before it's released...)

...but at the same time I can't wait until I see something like:

"The only thing as good as playing with pandora's box... is playing with some hot chicks'!"

I know, lame, but give it some time and I'll have the perfectly perverted, yet funny enough slogan ;)

in fact.... right now my door says "If I wasn't a door would you still touch my wood?"
Playing with the pandora is like jerking off with out the mess or public embarrassment. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The evolution of gaming is complete, open the box.

A world awaits you, Pandora.

Keep it in the creative, Pandora it's what's in the box.

-CB

I got inspired by reading a few slogans...

- Pandora's box is now open, but don't be afraid: this one has lots of interesting possibilities instead and is free of evils (but with some daemons).
- Pandora, the definitive Open Source handlheld system with the possibilities of a PDA and a gaming device into one.
- Pandora: The handheld that offers you what propietary ones don't and more.
- Put a Pandora's box in your pocket and discover a lot of possibilities.
- Pandora is waiting you with a tiny box full of possibilities.
- Pandora, put the power of Linux in your pocket.
- Pandora: Create. Share. See. Hear. Play. Enjoy.
- Pandora: Open Source with a cause.
- Pandora has a little penguin that likes to play a lot and other things.
- Pandora: A powerful Open Source handheld that is a, game system, media player and PDA.
- Pandora: This tiny box is better than a swiss army knife.

timofonic said:
- Pandora: This tiny box is better than a swiss army knife.
Throwed Pandora does only 1d3 damage, every knife is better and cheaper

btw
1)Pandora: Little Gay Openbox Friend
2)Pandora: Your mommy would be mad!

timofonic said:
Hello.

Since this is a project done by a community, what about designing the marketing campaign by the community too? I'm sure there are people with good ideas here.

I suggest you read this thread. Specifically this post explains the situation.

sex up ur pocket

dont buy this, your tiny inferior brain cannot comprehend it, just look away, thats it, turn away

Pandora: Do you dare to open it?

Pandora: The box is open!

Just two small suggestions

Keeping it small and catchy :D

Pandora: Hey, somebody had to do it.

Pandora: Take back your childhood by force.

Pandora: What me worry?

Pandora: It's like the PSP, except not gay, and up front enough to let you touch it.

Pandora: Size doesn't matter, according to Craigix and several thousand emulation enthusiasts.

Pandora: Be awaaarreee you're in for a scaarrreeee.

Pandora: Do you dare to look inside?

Buy Pandora - Save the Tree!
Buy Pandora - Save the Animal!
Buy Pandora Now and recieve free T-Shirt with hatwear imaged on it!
Pandora Tommorow! (do not open virus containers in SC2:pT)
Pandora me one more time!

Back