[Outdated!] PAYPAL - IMPORTANT - ALL ORDERS CANCELLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PAYPAL - IMPORTANT - ALL ORDERS CANCELLED per craigix

Classic Team said:
We still need some info on there. All there is to read are specs.
There used to be more info, but since there were no verifiable sources to back any of it up, it was all removed. The wikipedia article is sufficient for general knowledge purposes. It links back to the official page and to pandorawiki.org, and that's all that really matters.

My order still went though, as I still don't have $500+ in my account. Should I be worried? Did I just get lucky? How will I pay without using PayPal if I don't have a credit card? Will the PayPal Plug-in "Generate Card" feature work here? WILL I NOT GET PANDORA THIS YEAR?!! [/panic]

Too many questions, very little response. :(

From the horse's mouth:
craigix said:
They have frozen both accounts, however I think they will just refund it and the people effected can just pay another way, credit card, cheque, bank transfer, money order etc.

We will work it out, it only effects about 100 orders thank god!
Craig will post more news when he has some. Hang in there, these guys have a good reputation for looking after customers.

my payment for my tv cable just got refunded! I bought the pandora via credit card and a tv cable via paypal.

son of a bitch! I _SO_ saw this coming. Paypal fucking sucks! This had to happen

ARGH

Mine was refunded as well.

Any good solutions to the problem? I'd just pay with my credit card if I didn't have to pay the steep currency exchange fees a second time. I also don't have much use for GBP thats going to be sitting in my PayPal account.

How much would PayPal charge for transferring the money back to my bank account as GBP? Is there a transaction fee for bank transfers out of the country?

-Origin

Origin said:
Mine was refunded as well.

Any good solutions to the problem? I'd just pay with my credit card if I didn't have to pay the steep currency exchange fees a second time. I also don't have much use for GBP thats going to be sitting in my PayPal account.

How much would PayPal charge for transferring the money back to my bank account as GBP? Is there a transaction fee for bank transfers out of the country?

-Origin
not if you transfer to germany. So I suspect not

it's suck. I am in US and use paypal to order the pandora
Now, the money has been refunded to me :( :( :(

I am waiting for the next instruction now

I wonder what happened to paypal.

should the team just create another paypal account, so 100 OF US can pay again???

capeta said:
it's suck. I am in US and use paypal to order the pandora
Now, the money has been refunded to me :( :( :(

I am waiting for the next instruction now

I wonder what happened to paypal.

should the team just create another paypal account, so 100 OF US can pay again???
No, it violates the paypal ToS

can't you pay some other way? Or ask someone to pay for you?

I can pay by credit card or bank transfer
I am waiting for the next instruction from pandora team now

I am just sad at paypal. I wonder what happens to them. (I have used paypal for 4 years now)

Then it's just a case of waiting till you can change your payment method. Don't worry, your preorder won't expire or anything like that

capeta said:
I can pay by credit card or bank transfer
I am waiting for the next instruction from pandora team now

I am just sad at paypal. I wonder what happens to them. (I have used paypal for 4 years now)
So send an email to the store you originally bought it from, quote your order number and offer to pay by credit card and await a response. Remember that they can't necessarily equate a username here with you order.

Don't be sad at paypal. Contempt is better.

Well, my only real way of purchasing was Paypal. I was open to pre-ordering the Pandora because I had the extra Paypal cash sitting there (in USD I'm trying to clear, I might add). So thanks to Paypal, I won't be getting myself a Pandora pre-order. I may wait around to buy one off of eBay or get myself a new cell phone instead.

I suppose my pre-order spot is up for grabs?

iJeff- But if you have funds (even if they are at Paypal), you could give the cash, or give someone an eCheque, then get them to send an old fashioned cheque to whichever store. Is there not a relative you can ask? There has to be a way...

TaG said:
iJeff- But if you have funds (even if they are at Paypal), you could give the cash, or give someone an eCheque, then get them to send an old fashioned cheque to whichever store. Is there not a relative you can ask? There has to be a way...

Can I do so directly from my Paypal account? I'd rather not have it go through my bank and whatnot (just a total hassle).

I contacted Paypal and they told me that I would have the money back into my bank account between 3 to 5 business days. I then contacted the people that are handling the pre-order payments and ask them if my pre-order might be in jeopardy if I were to wait until I received the money from Paypal. They assured me that this would not be the case and told me that my pre-order reservation of a Pandora would be put aside for me. If you have no other method of paying for this, I would suggest that you go to a money mart or some place like that and put your money into one of those load and go Mastercards or Visa cards. Its cheap and you can just give them the card number and sit back and dream of opening the box mid November ;)

iJeff said:
Well, my only real way of purchasing was Paypal. I was open to pre-ordering the Pandora because I had the extra Paypal cash sitting there (in USD I'm trying to clear, I might add). So thanks to Paypal, I won't be getting myself a Pandora pre-order. I may wait around to buy one off of eBay or get myself a new cell phone instead.

Ok heres a suggestion why not ask the shop to set up a buy it now on ebay for a Pandora Gift voucher?

Then you can complete the transaction through ebay/paypal and everyones a winner.

stupot said:
iJeff said:

Ok heres a suggestion why not ask the shop to set up a buy it now on ebay for a Pandora Gift voucher?

Because the shops have had thier accounts frozen for six months, perhaps?

think_tanker said:
I contacted Paypal and they told me that I would have the money back into my bank account between 3 to 5 business days. I then contacted the people that are handling the pre-order payments and ask them if my pre-order might be in jeopardy if I were to wait until I received the money from Paypal. They assured me that this would not be the case and told me that my pre-order reservation of a Pandora would be put aside for me. If you have no other method of paying for this, I would suggest that you go to a money mart or some place like that and put your money into one of those load and go Mastercards or Visa cards. Its cheap and you can just give them the card number and sit back and dream of opening the box mid November ;)

Can anyone from OpenPandora Ltd. confirm this information? Will the preorder reservation be there until the money from paypal is give back and then using another payment method? What if the money is not give back from Paypal until those 30 days?

I need this kind of info confirmated by some member of OpenPandora Ltd., becasue I'm summarizing all recent Pandora news into a forum post of OpenPandora.ES forums as you can see it here.

It has already been confirmed. Your preorder spot is safe, if you wish to keep it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back