Sales PAYPAL - IMPORTANT - ALL ORDERS CANCELLED

Dude that bites. I was going to do Paypal, but I'm glad I didn't now.

Noisome

Good luck to you all who did order Paypal. :(

That's horrible! I hope you can get it resolved, paypal has a history of sucking but this is pretty bad even for them.

If I were in the business of selling these things I wouldn't accept paypal anyhow... I suspect selling goods on a preorder basis is against their T&Cs or something.

Good luck sorting it out, but I suspect you would be better (and more protected) if you just took credit cards/cheques/... directly - although this doesn't help people who can only use paypal :(

As said, good luck. I don't envy you sorting this out, as they're awful to deal with!

I do not see how that can be ?? It is just a transfer of funds. Does not make sense to cancel the pre-orders. All you have to do is transf. out the money into your private bank account right away and there is nothing they can do in regards to the funds...

I have delt via my business for 5 years now with paypal and there has been zero issues.

D)

It might be because someone reported you guys for credit card fraud or something. I would assume that would get the Paypal orders canceled.

I don't know if that's what happened, but my credit card got locked on suspicion of being stolen (couldn't order with it, didn't find out it was locked 'til the next day) and I got a call from my debit card company after ordering.

Prohibited Transactions. You agree that you will not use PayPal to accept payment for illegal products or services, including but not limited to materials that infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties. You will not use the Service, the PayPal website or any of the services offered therein for any unlawful or fraudulent activity. If PayPal (or Wells Fargo, in connection with processing credit card transactions) has reason to believe that you may be engaging in or have engaged in fraudulent, unlawful, or improper activity, including without limitation any violation of any terms and conditions of this Agreement, your access to the Service may be suspended or terminated. Further, if such behavior involved a MasterCard or VISA credit card transaction, it may result in you/your business being prevented from registering for payment acceptance through any payment provider or directly with any bank acquirer operating under license to either the MasterCard or VISA card associations. You will cooperate fully with PayPal Wells Fargo, MasterCard or VISA to investigate any suspected unlawful, fraudulent or improper activity, including but not limited to granting authorized PayPal representatives "guest" or "member" access to any password-protected portions of your website.

You also agree not to use your PayPal account to sell goods with delivery dates delayed more than 20 days from the date of payment, or to sell securities, business opportunities, franchises or multi-level marketing or goods with delivery delayed more than 20 days from the date of payment. You agree not to impersonate a PayPal User or a PayPal representative, or to request that a PayPal customer provide you with their password or other information to access their account.

well, fuck

atomicthumbs said:
Prohibited Transactions. You agree that you will not use PayPal to accept payment for illegal products or services, including but not limited to materials that infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties. You will not use the Service, the PayPal website or any of the services offered therein for any unlawful or fraudulent activity. If PayPal (or Wells Fargo, in connection with processing credit card transactions) has reason to believe that you may be engaging in or have engaged in fraudulent, unlawful, or improper activity, including without limitation any violation of any terms and conditions of this Agreement, your access to the Service may be suspended or terminated. Further, if such behavior involved a MasterCard or VISA credit card transaction, it may result in you/your business being prevented from registering for payment acceptance through any payment provider or directly with any bank acquirer operating under license to either the MasterCard or VISA card associations. You will cooperate fully with PayPal Wells Fargo, MasterCard or VISA to investigate any suspected unlawful, fraudulent or improper activity, including but not limited to granting authorized PayPal representatives "guest" or "member" access to any password-protected portions of your website.

You also agree not to use your PayPal account to sell goods with delivery dates delayed more than 20 days from the date of payment, or to sell securities, business opportunities, franchises or multi-level marketing or goods with delivery delayed more than 20 days from the date of payment. You agree not to impersonate a PayPal User or a PayPal representative, or to request that a PayPal customer provide you with their password or other information to access their account.

well, fuck

Or that.. <_<

My issues were probably just on my end then.

This really sucks.. I hope we can work this out. As I paid via Paypal, the money is officially out of my account as I have conformation that the transaction has been completed. I really do not mind as long as the following applies :

1) I get the money back
2) I still get one of the pre-orders as long as I can send payment via another method like
2a) Money Order
2b) Bank Draft
3) This really sucks....
3a) Did I mention that this really sucks...

D)

PS Craig :

Just move the date up so that you fall into the 20 day mark and then transf. all funds out of your account.

Now how would they have figured that out, unless someone maliciously told them...

Eisner said:
This really sucks.. I hope we can work this out. As I paid via Paypal, the money is officially out of my account as I have conformation that the transaction has been completed. I really do not mind as long as the following applies :

1) I get the money back
2) I still get one of the pre-orders as long as I can send payment via another method like
2a) Money Order
2b) Bank Draft
3) This really sucks....
3a) Did I mention that this really sucks...

D)

PS Craig :

Just move the date up so that you fall into the 20 day mark and then transf. all funds out of your account.

I'm pretty sure that's illegal :ph34r:

Not sure what you can do.

Hmm.. that's not good.
So this applies to gp2x.de as well I guess? I think for pre-orders from gp2x.de that is pretty easy to solve, they could change their paypal to bank transfer.

Horrible, horrible. That's like a kick in the junk!!! I feel bad for the buyers and the makers. Bet it is associated with the DDoS not to be a conspirator...

How will this affect other orders and ship dates now? :(

undefined said:

Exactly. You can't make a product without capital.

Oh Bollocks.

Buff :( And when we will get the money refund? This is a bad thing :(

whoa I was gonna use paypal but I was too lazy to find that electronic key thing that gives you a number so you can login, so I just used the website instead :lol:

Glad I did I guess...

Gmanx said:
undefined said:

Exactly. You can't make a product without capital.

Oh Bollocks.

They can hold my cash for sure, I hope they would if a decision must be made....I wonder what % of orders came that way...I'm really grumbling inside and I'm not hungry :( maybe the extended buy period pushed above the 3k mark...

Back