[Outdated!] PAYPAL - IMPORTANT - ALL ORDERS CANCELLED

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaG

Fau-fau-faulty software.
Website
Visit site
javaJake: This is a very old thread. Orders are no longer being canceled. Please e-mail OpenPandora by replying to your order confirmation if you want to confirm your order status.

Sorry to duplicate the post here, but I don't think many people are reading it where it is:

craigix said:
Paypal have decided to cancel all Pandora preorders placed via them.

More info as I (if I) get it.

Mods please feel free to close/move.delete this when people have taken notice.

Re: PAYPAL - IMPORTANT - ALL ORDERS CANCELLED per craigix

Fuck, seriously? More info is needed ASAP, I (and others) need to know if we'll have to re-do our preorders or not, or if it will even be possible. Will there be an email sent out about it? Is it just through GBAX or has ED's shop been affected too?

I'd sticky it but we don't have sticky powers.

Seriously bad news for the OPandora team. Hope the people who ordered via paypal will be alright.

Son of a bitch! When I first read the thread title I immediately thought it was just a joke/troll thread... :(

Sorry to have to post it - I almost wish it were a troll post.

@Ravnos Craig has said he will tell more when/if he finds anything out.

Probably better to keep the posts there - except if someone (in eg USA) wants to bump this in a few hours to let others know.

TaG said:
except if someone (in eg USA) wants to bump this in a few hours to let others know.
I'm not USA-based, but if I'm still around at that sort of hour and no-one else has bumped it by then, I'll do so, if that's of any help.

does this apply to orders from the german shop, too?

Heck, that's really terrible for us that used PayPal if it's really true...
Well, anyways, my money hasn't been returned by PayPal, so when/if it is, I think we that bought with PayPal should at least have the chance to re-pay with another payment method and still get our place in the shipping line assured (meh, it'd suck to find out that all hassle I went through on tuesday was futile).

I'm glad I didint get into the preorders.

It took a quick search to see if anyone had changed the Pandora Wiki page. Looks like it has been:

On October 1st, Open Pandora started taking pre-orders for the Pandora unit. The unit's pre-orders were so severe that Pandora's creator CraigX had to raise the previous 3000 to 4000 units in the first batch. However, due to Paypal freezing approximately 100 accounts for unknown reasons, the exact number of pre-orders is still unknown.

found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora_(console)#Overview

The wiki page is short. Can't anyone add on more stuff?

EDIT: I think that last senence isint exactly true. Craigx hasint told us the exact number anyhow. :p

Classic Team said:
I'm glad I didint get into the preorders.

It took a quick search to see if anyone had changed the Pandora Wiki page. Looks like it has been:

On October 1st, Open Pandora started taking pre-orders for the Pandora unit. The unit's pre-orders were so severe that Pandora's creator CraigX had to raise the previous 3000 to 4000 units in the first batch. However, due to Paypal freezing approximately 100 accounts for unknown reasons, the exact number of pre-orders is still unknown.

found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora_(console)#Overview

The wiki page is short. Can't anyone add on more stuff?

EDIT: I think that last senence isint exactly true. Craigx hasint told us the exact number anyhow. :p

Actually, all of that quoted bit is largely inaccurate.

- Pre-orders started on 30 September
- They didn't HAVE to increase the first batch at all, they chose to.
- PayPal didn't freeze approx 100 accounts,
They have frozen both accounts

They canceled 100 orders, not froze them. someone should get on the wiki article, definitely.

:/... i find this very irritating.

I fixed it some:

On November 30th, Open Pandora started taking pre-orders for the Pandora unit. The unit's pre-orders were so severe that Pandora's creator CraigX chose to raise the previous 3000 to 4000 units in the first batch. However, due to Paypal canceling aproximately 100 pre-orders for unknown reasons, the exact number of pre-orders is still unknown.

Someone get on there and add all the info we are missing. I could, but I'm afraid I may add misinformation and make it worse. <_<

EDIT: Should we take out "Exact numbers of pre-orders still unknown" and put something else there? or get rid of it completely? We don't exactly know what Paypal's gonna do to those 100 preorders. Hold out on them? Maybe let them through after all? :wacko:

EDIT 2: Looks like someone has added a little something under Specifications...
The unit is now available for preorder (as of September 30th) at http://openpandora.org, the cut-off date for all pre-orders has been extended to noon on the 5th of October, due to initial sales figures exceeding expectations within 12 hours of launching the preorders. The extended batch has now been ultimately doubled since the initial plan of only allowing 3,000 units to be preordered.

I find it a bit hard to understand though. Can someone make it readable by potential buyers? If it confuses them they are gonna back away.

Craig didn't increase the first batch from 3000 to 4000. Instead, he placed a time limit on pre-orders, choosing to make the first batch how ever many orders were put in by the end of Sunday, October 5. It just so happened to turn out that the total number of pre-orders ended up being just about (but not quite) 4000.

Fixed:

On November 30th, Open Pandora started taking pre-orders for the Pandora unit. The unit's pre-orders were so severe that Pandora's creator CraigX chose to set a manufactureing number based on the pre-orders taken before October 6th, Incedentaly making up about 4000 units.. However, due to Paypal canceling aproximately 100 pre-orders for unknown reasons, the exact number of pre-orders is still unknown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora_(console)

I think we need to make a new topic just for this. We all need to sort out our information, or someone who knows everything (Craigx....no offence) should do it themselfs. We might be here some time so that I can get it all up to date myself.

None of that is wikipedia-worthy. They don't allow forum posts as references anyway.

Rather than get excited about a relatively minor issue, how about you all just take a breath, and wait for Craig to sort things out with Paypal. As soon as there is a reasonable solution, he'll let you know.

Chip beat me to it. Why the hell do people want to rush in and add the Paypal drama to Wiki before it's even had a chance to be resolved? It's all poorly written anyway. Bin it.

And why can't anyone get "craigix" right?

Rant over.

We still need some info on there. All there is to read are specs.
Anyhow, you want to stop the ranting. So I shall.

Does anyone think the canceled preorders has something to do with the PayPal policy? AKA being "Illigal" or product being sold after a two week period? There's so much garbage in there policy I can't tell. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back