Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
craigix said:
The dpad has not been shown as we have been tweaking the design a little, as you might imagine it's a pretty tough thing to design right for this scene! ;)
Do you have a batphone connection to DaveC?

batphone.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
The dpad has not been shown as we have been tweaking the design a little, as you might imagine it's a pretty tough thing to design right for this scene! ;)
Yep :) And whenever you finally release piccies, no matter how you slaved over the design, you*will* get a torrent of abuse coming your way. Just remember - Abuse is this communitys way of saying "Thank you, that was great" :D

craigix:

I've tried to send you an email but I'm having problems sending to and receiving from hotmail accounts, one time works, another time not. I hope you recive the last I've sent, if not I'm not going to try anymore.

It's an email related to the GUI I'm developing.

If you've answered it, I've not recived it. Try to send it to lqtys at yahoo dot es AND to romeromadero666 at hotmail dot com, at least one of them must work.

javaJake said:
Why don't we just move to an x86 SoC then? :)
Because it's a horrid architecture. Because it is too power hungry. Because Intel is a child of satan.

pupnik said:
javaJake said:
Why don't we just move to an x86 SoC then? :)
Because it's a horrid architecture. Because it is too power hungry. Because Intel is a child of satan.

And, because I do a horrible job deciphering between sarcasm and... to-be-unnamed comments, I would like to make sure that you know I was only kidding. :p

How about using Google's linux android open source operating system. I know it was originally designed for mobile phones/PDA's but since it will be open source all that code can be stripped out. Check out the youtube link, its pretty slick, supports open GL ES 2.0 and the clip even shows quake being played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FJHYqE0RDg

I've just bought my first GP2x, can't wait to get it next week to start playing around with the emulators. :)

Monty

monty said:
How about using Google's linux android open source operating system. I know it was originally designed for mobile phones/PDA's but since it will be open source all that code can be stripped out. Check out the youtube link, its pretty slick, supports open GL ES 2.0 and the clip even shows quake being played.

I've just bought my first GP2x, can't wait to get it next week to start playing around with the emulators. :)

Monty

no, sorry

monty said:
How about using Google's linux android open source operating system. I know it was originally designed for mobile phones/PDA's but since it will be open source all that code can be stripped out.
Debian > Android (whatever that even means)

A_SN said:
monty said:
How about using Google's linux android open source operating system. I know it was originally designed for mobile phones/PDA's but since it will be open source all that code can be stripped out.

Just to let you know - Android is the name of an open-source operating system and toolkit based on Linux. They are developing it for mobile phones, but, as monty said, it can easily be stripped down to whatever you like. There is an SDK already out for developers to play with.

I'm not saying that it should be used - I think Debian would work better on the Craiginator. I'm just explaining what Android is.

Vorporeal said:
A_SN said:
monty said:

Just to let you know - Android is the name of an open-source operating system and toolkit based on Linux. They are developing it for mobile phones, but, as monty said, it can easily be stripped down to whatever you like. There is an SDK already out for developers to play with.

I'm not saying that it should be used - I think Debian would work better on the Craiginator. I'm just explaining what Android is.

I wasn't ignoring what Android is, I was simply stating that my comparison between Debian and Android maybe didn't carry a lot of intended meaning.

atomicthumbs said:
monty said:

Monty

no, sorry

thanks for explaining! :) i'm much less confused now.

Dubya' said:
What are the copyright implications of open source software reproducing the look and feel of a commercial UI? I ask because I've just played with an Ipod Touch and it has, by far, the nicest touch-screen user interface I've ever seen:

http://tinyurl.com/2awtfd (streaming video)

Legally....none. You can copy the look and feel of an OS all you want.

Practically, however, big companies with big wallets like suing people with smaller wallets until they can't pay their lawyers no more, regardless of law.

Generally though, if you ui isn't sold, or bundled with something that is sold, they usually don't care and usually leave you alone. At most, they'll send a C&D.

If it's been sold or your a company however, expect legal proceedings. They'll fail, but its the fact that it'll cost you money that they depend on. Continue until bankrupt (or the other party gets bored of suing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back