Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an idea after playing the new FRONTIER port on my gp2x. The game is playable but the gp2x lacks buttons to map keys (functions) to... Maybe it could be useful to add some extra buttons (can be small ones) to map game function to.

Many games come from pc´s-amiga-ataris-... They all had a keyboard. To make more games playable it could be handy to have more buttons than the gp2x has...

I know the new machine is supposed to have a touch screen but...

TomVS said:
Just an idea after playing the new FRONTIER port on my gp2x. The game is playable but the gp2x lacks buttons to map keys (functions) to... Maybe it could be useful to add some extra buttons (can be small ones) to map game function to.

Many games come from pc´s-amiga-ataris-... They all had a keyboard. To make more games playable it could be handy to have more buttons than the gp2x has...

I know the new machine is supposed to have a touch screen but...
Not only a touchscreen... The game has a keyboard. Problem solved.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
If you donated after you can send your address too, it does not matter when you donated.
why not create a thread for those of us who were too late to donate?
I assume its a paypal link?
I'd be happy to send on a few euro in exchange for insider info :D

craigix said:
If you donated after you can send your address too, it does not matter when you donated.
I assume that we can't donate now and then send you our address?

Well it is cool that the information is getting out there. Oh and I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving.

garzyboi said:
Well it is cool that the information is getting out there. Oh and I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving.
Well, considering the fact that a large portion of gp32x forum members aren't in the US...

atomicthumbs said:
garzyboi said:
Well, considering the fact that a large portion of gp32x forum members aren't in the US...

Well don't shit on our parade then. :angry:

I was under the impression the UK (or some english-speaking european nation) had a "Thanksgiving" with some totally different meaning behind it, earlier in November..... maybe that person had no idea what they were talking about.

Sorry about OT, but hey.

The UK has Guy Fawkes' Night, on the 5th November, which really isn't anything like thanksgiving in any respect. Thanksgiving you get everyone together and have a big meal involving a turkey. Guy Fawkes' Night, you build a big bonfire and let off lots of fireworks, most of which would be illegal in the US (or so my current flatmate tells me).

There's not really any similarity between them.

Schools often do have a Harvest Festival in October somewhen, which I always took to be our nearest thanksgiving equivalent in terms of sentiment. Usually involved things like a can collection for the socially disadvantaged or some such. It's rarely celebrated outside of schools though.

Hmm well sorry then geez... I'll remember next time to not post a US holiday because it offends certain people <_<

We really should celebrate thanksgiving in the UK never understood why we didn't but anyway the more important thing is we want the Craiginator asap!!!!!

Price as low as possible so that enough users give donations to the developers so that they are motived to finish off projects and start new ones.

andmaz said:
We really should celebrate thanksgiving in the UK never understood why we didn't but anyway the more important thing is we want the Craiginator asap!!!!!
Though we should celebrate it a while earlier than the Americans do, i.e when the puritans set off for America and we finally got rid of them. ;)

monty said:
It looks like TI are becoming more cooperative when it comes to open source, they have released a Linux compiler for their DSP's. The article mentions the DSP TMS320 which is in the omap2420, the omap3430 has the IVA2+, does anyone know if this is also compatible?

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/new...-for-open-sauce
http://open.neurostechnology.com/node/1020

Monty

Don't see how it could be, OMAP2430 has the DSP in addition to IVA2. It's probably not programmable, much less a DSP.

Jarska333 said:
He's also borderline scitchofrenic. (spelling?)
schizo_flickr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back