Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
xnopasaranx said:
I am sooooo excited for any news about the craiginator. Every day right now turns into sheer terror as I am waiting for the legendary letter from the craig department of information ^^. I really really want to know more.
Geht mir genau so. :D

X-Code said:
The name of the machine must have an X as stated above B)
XxX Tripple X? Hm, no. We just could it name "GAME-DUDE" or so. :lol:

chris_r said:
And a few pages back EvilDragon said that they have something they want the donors to see before everyone else, I wonder what that is.
He was talking about the Design of the Machine. Official Sponsors will get Flyers with the Handheld in original Size and Infos...I think, Craigix donators will get such a thing too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow ... Seriously, doesn't it occur to anybody here that you may well have been completely fooled ? That this thing will ever only exist in your head ? That it will never see the light of day ? This said, this is probably better this way, because the day it would become a reality, you would be all soooo disappointed ...

Deed said:
Wow ... Seriously, doesn't it occur to anybody here that you may well have been completely fooled ?
Only you, and yet you've said it so many times that it gives the illusion that many people feel the same way.

It has occurred to me before, but I have to doubt it's a hoax. It would hurt Craigix's reputation, and his sales at his store.

However, in the slim chance it is a hoax, I will be disappointed, but not "soooo disappointed". :p

So far, I haven't paid anything, so there's not much to be hoaxed out of :)

Exophase said:
Deed said:
Wow ... Seriously, doesn't it occur to anybody here that you may well have been completely fooled ?
Only you, and yet you've said it so many times that it gives the illusion that many people feel the same way.

Really ? Cool :)

javaJake said:
However, in the slim chance it is a hoax, I will be disappointed, but not "soooo disappointed". :p
My point was, if it is *not* a hoax (I'd rather say a vaporware than a hoax, by the way), if it becomes real, many people will be disappointed because 1/ their expectations are too high 2/ they dream too much 3/ they already figured in their head what this device should look like

Deed said:
My point was, if it is *not* a hoax (I'd rather say a vaporware than a hoax, by the way), if it becomes real, many people will be disappointed because 1/ their expectations are too high 2/ they dream too much 3/ they already figured in their head what this device should look like
Well, my hopes are that it'll do everything I can dream of on a handheld. My hopes are not going to be realised.

My expectations are that it does everything the GP2x does (but better, with all the extra chips, and options like scaling), and provides an open system that's suitable for gaming and beats the PSP into the dust in terms of power. And is preferably fairly easy to use, and has PDA functions. And also emulates Amiga full speed (ish), N64 playably, and PSX without as much hassle as the GP2x project needs to get it near working.

And I really haven't got a clue what it's going to look like.

I wanna:

Use Web browsing and Instant messaging on the move
Emulate consoles up to and including N64 decently
Allow me to code and word process on the move

So far, it looks to be likely it'll do these things, so I'm happy.

Deed said:
You could say that about any product. There will always be something more that people will want, and that is what stems progress :) I'm sure this project is beyond what most people here imagine in terms of work that's being invested in it. You can't expect something like this to be completed over night. I think it would do Craig & Co. more harm releasing incomplete information or an unpolished design than waiting slightly longer until all is good and ready.

hlide said:
A_SN said:
Oh shit, everything's there, the poor english, perfectly fitting the stereotypical French style, the abuse of exclamation marks, and the necessary arrogance. Vive la France! :(
The way you despise French people in general is a good hint that you are not an exception as well.

1. I don't despise French people, I just observed how cliché a Frenchman you are.
2. I'm not an exception as well? How so? You mean I'm a stereotypical non-French European who stereotypically likes to bash French people?

Deed said:
Wow ... Seriously, doesn't it occur to anybody here that you may well have been completely fooled ? That this thing will ever only exist in your head ? That it will never see the light of day ? This said, this is probably better this way, because the day it would become a reality, you would be all soooo disappointed ...
Scroooff ASOL.

Seeding doubt among the believers, are we? Shame on you Deed, shame on you inDeed! Honestly, I so highly doubt that this is going to become vaporware that I would probably go to arms against anyone who doubts it. Believe, or die. Die or believe. Live, and then believe, and then die. Die, live, and then believe, but then doubt, and then die for not believing. Die, believe, and then die for believing while dead.

Wow this thread is dragging out, anyways still looking forward to the new handheld :).

As long as I can run Snes full speed and some mame roms eg. MK2,3 I'll be a happy camper.

A_SN said:
I'm not an exception as well? How so? You mean I'm a stereotypical non-French European who stereotypically likes to bash French people?
criticizing anything seems to be your motto, especially when French people are evolved (at least every times I heard you in IRC or in your posts about French people it sounded like). Well, this is just my felling, you may call me a liar.

Did I ever call you retarded ? Did I ever shout you : "shed up !" ? just call me arrogant.

So you're not even a French man ? So far as I remember I never made some rude comments about the other Europeans styles, so if it is a French specialty, you're not better in this regard.

EDIT :
A_SN said:
you seemingly can't correctly form a single sentence in English.
*sigh* so you're not arrogant ?

Deed said:
All this thing has to do to meet my expectations is do most of what an N810 can do, have decent gaming controls, and hopefully some kind of TV or VGA out. If it meets those criteria, then it's worth buying as far as I'm concerned. I'm pretty much holding off on buying a Nokia tablet until full info for this thing is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back