Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
joshwaan2k said:
atomicthumbs said:
Dubya' said:
What new handheld?
http://craiginator.bluwiki.com

Yes the one that's been discussed in this thread ;).

Note to self: Self, don't omit emoticons.

Yes, I've been reading the thread and occasionally participating in it since close to day one. I made the "what new handheld" comment as a minor gripe about the delay in the release of info about it. Just a little humor (very little). :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm rather lame being honest and since nothing special's going on atm, and everyone's getting restless, can someone please help me out on a short question?

What are the chances of me playing Streetfighter Alpha/Zero 1,2 or 3 in mame on this? (properly)

I was surprised to hear that MK2 may have slight hiccups with no sound even, but I'm guessing that was based on more complex hardware? Anyway since Zero 3, my fave game to look forward to in handheld form came out in 98 I just wonder.. am I being dumb hoping? can anyone help me out?

PS I know there's a fairly good set of ports on PSX but the anim's cut, the sprites are squashed already (plus this'll have widescreen or a small screen depending on choice making it worse) On the good side though world tour mode was an addition that made the PSX version up in terms of interest.

Thanks for listening

what do you mean by properly? If it doesn't run fast enough in mame, try the cps2 emulator which is actually specifically written for the hardware you want to emulate. Also, we cannot say if this will be emulated perfectly on the craiginator as we don't know yet what the hell it is! We have no specs, only a few informal rumours that have been semi-confirmed. All I can say is: If somebody ports mame to it or fba (which is likely to happen as everyone will want mame) and the hardware is as powerful as we all assume then yes, it should be possible.

So- no wait first of all thanks for the answer :)

I haven't owned anything handheld before, so haven't any clue to how high mame can go. I realised that it was based off the cps2 same as sfII- old hardware for the time but as I said considering I hadn't anything to go by I somehow guessed mame didn't go up that far to play them..
As for the specs, lol yeah what I was thinking from that angle was that it will be at leas 500 mhz maybe uppable to 700 - 800. And would that be enough with the 128 ram to play it fullspeed or very close with sound.

I also assumed it wouldn't run on gp2x.. can it? in any sort of fashion at all?

Lastly- I changed my mind right after the above post SFA3 would be great on the go but it's not my most anticipated ;)

I just tracked down Ridge Racer Hi-Spec demo for the PSX and I can't wait to complete that and get the Angel car out for some reverse 360 spins ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=346cGhL7Glo

who knows if psx emulation will be possible... we are all hoping and I think the devs know something more. Also we haven't heard from zodttd for a while so he might be cooking up something. I think it will be feasible but we need to know more.

Mame emulates a lot of different machines. It can emulate cps2 and as far as I know the gp2x version can do this aswell. Still I wouldn't use it to emulate cps2 as we have dedicated emulators that are way faster and more accurate (I think). There is that cps2 emulator for gp2x which should run most games smooth. Also there is FBA which emulates cps, cps2, neogeo and a few other systems but less then mame and more optimized.

Yeah well I shouldn't get carried away but then, others are talking about N64.
zodttd is in on this I bet ;)
alls I meant was how good are general handheld versions of mame :)
I bought a 3.4 3 yrs ago to play anything at home right... Hard Drivin' runs smooth at home :D Shame about the controls though!

Thanks again for the little chat there I'll leave it there I guess. Back to sleep

lol, That last bit about "back to sleep" made it sound like you've been hibernating. Although I guess that's better than how I've been. 9 AM - 8 PM yesterday...

well, his psx4iphone already runs some stuff fullspeed, and i guess the cpu on the new machine could be even more powerful?

I read the iPhone uses a 400MHz ARM, so chances are we get a faster CPU than that.

zaffercharles said:
Yeah well I shouldn't get carried away but then, others are talking about N64.
zodttd is in on this I bet ;)
alls I meant was how good are general handheld versions of mame :)
I bought a 3.4 3 yrs ago to play anything at home right... Hard Drivin' runs smooth at home :D Shame about the controls though!
Thanks again for the little chat there I'll leave it there I guess. Back to sleep

psx on the iPhone? zodttd never seizes to amaze me ^^. now i wonder how it controls. well let's hope for the very best on the craiginator.

kanzlr said:
the psx4iphone is controlled via a touchscreen dpad+ABXY buttons. i doubt its much fun with action racers :)
Hahaha, can you imagine what DaveC would have to say about that d pad? :p

Did someone know the nand capacity ? It will be nice if we can store in the hardware the most commun apps (audio player, video player, web browser, picture viewer, text viewer, webradio player ... ) :)

chris_r said:
So........... nothing in the mail then today *waits more*
Craigix and Mweston seems to be away from the forum since some days. Hm, good or bad sign? ^^ Maybe they are busy with the Takeover of the World leadership? :lol:

JyCet said:
Did someone know the nand capacity ? It will be nice if we can store in the hardware the most commun apps (audio player, video player, web browser, picture viewer, text viewer, webradio player ... ) :)
There's not even a sign, that the Machine will have a (usable)NAND at all. ^^"""""

JyCet said:
It will be nice if we can store in the hardware the most commun apps (audio player, video player, web browser, picture viewer, text viewer, webradio player ... ) :)
There will be no problems there :)

hlide said:
criticizing anything seems to be your motto, especially when French people are evolved (at least every times I heard you in IRC or in your posts about French people it sounded like). Well, this is just my felling, you may call me a liar.

Did I ever call you retarded ? Did I ever shout you : "shed up !" ? just call me arrogant.

So you're not even a French man ? So far as I remember I never made some rude comments about the other Europeans styles, so if it is a French specialty, you're not better in this regard.

Don't worry, A_SN is just a loser :D.

hlide said:
A_SN said:
I'm not an exception as well? How so? You mean I'm a stereotypical non-French European who stereotypically likes to bash French people?
criticizing anything seems to be your motto, especially when French people are evolved (at least every times I heard you in IRC or in your posts about French people it sounded like). Well, this is just my felling, you may call me a liar.

Did I ever call you retarded ? Did I ever shout you : "shed up !" ? just call me arrogant.

So you're not even a French man ? So far as I remember I never made some rude comments about the other Europeans styles, so if it is a French specialty, you're not better in this regard.

French people are evolved? I strongly doubt it ;). Besides, here's something we all can learn from Jews, self-derision. I've got it, you don't, you take everything seriously and keep acting stereotypically.

By the way, my original comment was to point out how your stereotypical behaviour hurts our image abroad. You act like an arrogant drama queen with no sense of humour and on top of that you seemingly can't correctly form a single sentence in English.

Because I'm French, and because of the behaviour of such Frenchmen as you, people expect me to have the same type of behavioural flaws as you exhibit, and it makes me have to prove that I am better than what people legitimately expect, all because of people like you.

Also, what the hell does "shed up" mean, and how on Earth does it relate in any way to being arrogant?

Orkie said:
Don't worry, A_SN is just a loser :D.
I know where you live, remember? ;)

On an unrelated note, you know what's cool about small wide screens? It's great for stereoscopic games, yay! \o/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back