Ordered My Caanoo!

Plus it was announced that there will be commercial games for Cannoo that won't be compatible with the Wiz because of the ram. Maybe GPH will surprise us and keep churning out new games once FunGP is open?

What's up with you Ex? Your posts seem more mellow lately? You hangin' with Mary Jane or what? LOL

Back on topic. Even though Think Geek is listed as a retailer there's no Cannoo being offered yet. What's up with the sellers over here? They're way behind Europe and Asia with the new handheld.

You might not be on anything, but you aren't helping keep the thread on track.

This thread is for discussing newly purchased Caanoo consoles. For any other questions, go here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Preordered mine from Play-Asia. Looking forward to it. I wanted it over the wiz for the size, both for my hands and the screen. Anyone know the specific date next month that they are supposed to ship?

3BD said:
Preordered mine from Play-Asia. Looking forward to it. I wanted it over the wiz for the size, both for my hands and the screen. Anyone know the specific date next month that they are supposed to ship?
EvilDragon's shop says 16th. I don't know if that's the same for PlayAsia but I'm guessing it is.

I finally get to pick up my Caanoo tomorrow. Any requests?

I really want your opinion on the anolog stick. Since it's the source of some tension around here a review of using it with emulators and games notoriously hard to play without a dpad would be great.

Nova said:
I finally get to pick up my Caanoo tomorrow. Any requests?
Hi Nova, I'm particularly interested in the Caanoo's battery life. Could you please do a comparison with Wiz on that regard? Thanks.
EDIT:Could you also please test GpSp, Pocketsnes and Picodrive?

Ok just ordered my caanoo from Gameseek uk hope to have it soon black vershion as white starts to look dirty after a few years.I also have a pandora on order from batch 2 aswell and i am 90-120 in line for batch 2 so this caoo will do nicely to pass the time.Anyone else order from gameseek uk do we know therelease date rom gameseek uk it shows 27th august at the moment.

I ordered a caanoo from ED as soon as it was available. Before he got the new prices, so now i don't really know what i'm getting. I have written to him asking to change my order to include the wifi. But i am getting the impression that i am better off buying one of those smaller USB ones shown in the other thread, as what looks to be coming from GPH is a huge mother. I thought the Wiz would get wifi too when the caanoo was released... was that all bull?

/Uni

i paid £125 from the uk site but it dont mention what you get with it its a black unit as i rather like it to match the pandora.As for the wifi module yes the small plugin one looks promising hope it works and i hope the battreylife is better does anyone have any info on the battrey that is used in the caanoo? i have seen nothing about this does it take triple aaa or is it a 2000mah ?

Orion4874 said:
I really want your opinion on the anolog stick. Since it's the source of some tension around here a review of using it with emulators and games notoriously hard to play without a dpad would be great.

While it's not as good as a DPAD in my opinion, it's way better than the old gp2x stick.
I also let some people playtest it with some classic MAME games and they said it's fine.

Last edited:
Hi guys just wondering peoples opinions. I have owned every version of gph products and love them in their own way, I am intrigued by the canoo however I have just got a pandora which I love. Is there any real reason to get this aswell?

I'm hopefully picking up my Caanoo tomorrow. I will let you know how it improves upon the Wiz hopefully by the evening.

Back